Which bowl game will we go to?

i thought this would be the easiest of the three teams we could play. we match up overly well with s car. and i would say we win by around 2 scores.

I think that's funny because USC thinks the exact same thing about Nebraska. No offense intended. It's just that USC would match up with Nebraska's style of play MUCH better than Wisconsin and likely MSU.

Should be a great one! Unless someone beats me to it I will post a full report on USC on Wednesday. I figure y'all might like to know a little about your competition.

That would be awesome. Please stick around we love to have someone from South Carolina to trade blows with before the game. :D

Stay away from badgerfan. ;)

i thought this would be the easiest of the three teams we could play. we match up overly well with s car. and i would say we win by around 2 scores.

Explain because I really don't see it.

i understand that they have a mobile qb and that does not bode well for us however we tend to do very good against teams with good defenses and questionable offenses (to me this is the way it seams with the games i have watched). i feel that their D is slightly better than ours but our O is much better than their O and it just looks like a very good matchup for Nebraska to me. jmo

USC - Defense Defense Defense especially on the line. Clowney and Ingram are absolute beasts. Shaw is coming along nicely, is the kind of runner NU hates and has a dominating receiver in Alshon Jeffery. RB is hurting bad but they've found a stop-gap in Wilds. Haven't had much success in bowls lately and the last time they drew a Big Ten team was an abortion. Option teams (like Navy and Wofford) give them fits but NU isn't a triple so they should be good.

My prediction if USC plays NU,

Gamecocks: 17

Huskers: 14

I don't think so. We've played Spurier in the past when he coached at Florida. I'm thinking Bo might conference with Dr. Tom Osborne who has beaten Spurier on many occasions. That would be smart. I predict Bo and the boys will be ready for this game.

haha Spurrier lost to Nebraska once as far as I know and if you've watched USC under his tenure they are by no means similar teams to what he had at UF.

Oh and the OBC was what? like 9-1 against LSU at UF, where Pelini later coached so therefore he can beat Pelini right...since we're going with goofy logic now...

It was quite a beating (Fiesta: Beat Florida 62-24). Coaches have things that they do that are trademarks of how they coach. You could always tell a Tom Osborne team because of our identify-smashmouth football-option football. Spurier is the same way. He goes into a university, sees what he has there and then takes that team from blah to great. Look at how far uSC has come since he came. It was the same at Florida. That's what I'm talking about. Tom's know Steve for a long time. So I think it would be more than appropriate for Bo to talk with Tom. Any insight you can get to improve your game is smart.

So we'll get some good practice with a few weeks to prepare. It's not like a win would magically turn this season around if we do have trouble with the QB, whereas we may be able to apply whatever works in a bigger game next year or the year after.

To me, it might be a good time to experiment with the defense and maybe try to find something that works against a QB with wheels. Yes, its an important game but we arent Mizzou and arent gonna hand out Capital One championship rings at the end.

USC - Defense Defense Defense especially on the line. Clowney and Ingram are absolute beasts. Shaw is coming along nicely, is the kind of runner NU hates and has a dominating receiver in Alshon Jeffery. RB is hurting bad but they've found a stop-gap in Wilds. Haven't had much success in bowls lately and the last time they drew a Big Ten team was an abortion. Option teams (like Navy and Wofford) give them fits but NU isn't a triple so they should be good.

My prediction if USC plays NU,

Gamecocks: 17

Huskers: 14

I don't think so. We've played Spurier in the past when he coached at Florida. I'm thinking Bo might conference with Dr. Tom Osborne who has beaten Spurier on many occasions. That would be smart. I predict Bo and the boys will be ready for this game.

USC doesn't run the same type of system as SOS did at Florida. I'm not saying that it will mean much, but Spurrier's UF is the polar opposite of Spurrier's USC. Strong Defense and Power Running/Taking care of the ball on O.

I wasn't talking about the system, I was talking about how he coaches. I'm sure that the way he trains his players is similar to the way he trained/coached his players at Florida. Not particular plays but the attitude behind the plays, the way he teaches, etc. In that vein, Tom could help Bo understand Steve's mindset.

also it would appear that Scar drew a very very favorable schedule from the SEC this season. if they replace miss st. and florida with bama and lsu then they are definitely sitting at 8-4 instead of 10-2

USC beat Bama last year 35-21. In all honesty, USC would match up well (relatively speaking) against either of those two teams. I would have switched LSU or Bama for Arky this year easily. USC plays similarly to Bama and LSU (power running/take care of the ball and smashmouth D) but can't stop teams who either run the triple option or are Arky.

also it would appear that Scar drew a very very favorable schedule from the SEC this season. if they replace miss st. and florida with bama and lsu then they are definitely sitting at 8-4 instead of 10-2

sigh....someone doesn't understand SEC scheduling...and USC can beat Bama. They've proven it.