Which bowl game will we go to?

Right. The bowls get to pick in a certain order but they don't have to take teams according to order of finish. There are a few restrictions but Nebraska, Michigan (if they don't get a BCS bowl), Penn St. and the CCG loser would all be available.

Thats what i thought. So its hard for me to believe that Nebraska would fall to Insight Bowl after the 2 bowls above the Insight basically said they would take Nebraska if they were available. The only team I could see getting taken before Nebraska would be Michigan if they didnt qualify for the BCS.

Do you honestly see TCU going higher than 16?

Yea, it could happen, georgia just lost they are #14. Then the B1G CCG loser, then possibly OU if they get embarassed by Okie Lite(which is possible). Then Houston could drop really far too.

TCU is pretty much guarnateed to jump 2 spots as it stands right now.

Right. The bowls get to pick in a certain order but they don't have to take teams according to order of finish. There are a few restrictions but Nebraska, Michigan (if they don't get a BCS bowl), Penn St. and the CCG loser would all be available.

Thats what i thought. So its hard for me to believe that Nebraska would fall to Insight Bowl after the 2 bowls above the Insight basically said they would take Nebraska if they were available. The only team I could see getting taken before Nebraska would be Michigan if they didnt qualify for the BCS.

I agree. Michigan will get the first look but the CCG loser will have the same number of losses as us be ranked about where we are (we might even be ahead of them) and, if it's Michigan St., we beat them head-to-head. Also, few teams travel like Nebraska so that always helps our case.

I'd think we're pretty solid for the Capital One or Outback.

sh#t. Do we root for MSU now? Wisconsin would definitely fall below Michigan with a loss. But would the Cap One take Wisconsin after a disappointing loss like that, over Nebraska? Not sure.

I think we want MSU to lose, as we're likely to get chosen over them.

So to keep an open spot we need Okie Lite to to destroy OU and get into the MNC... right?

I think we'd rather keep OSU in the Fiesta Bowl, otherwise the Fiesta might take a 2nd Big 12 team. They are the most likely bowl to do that.

4 at large teams

LSU winning was good, it makes sure the SEC doesn't get 3 teams in.

Alabama is guaranteed to be one, since they are top 4, probably #2.

Stanford will probably finish #4 and that would be another guarantee. But if VT passes them, they are no longer guaranteed. Might the Fiesta take Michigan instead?

If TCU moves up 2 spots they've got a guaranteed spot. I think they will rely on moving ahead of the Big 10 loser and Georgia, or Houston.

4th spot could be Michigan, if they move up 2 spots. They are looking to move ahead of the same teams TCU is.

4th spot could also be another Big 12 team--OU, KSU, or Baylor, if they move up 3 spots.

Only other eligible teams for that 4th spot are Boise St, Houston, or VT if they lose tonight.

It's really muddy until the final BCS standings come out because we don't know if Michigan and/or TCU is eligible, and in TCU's case, eligible=guaranteed.

So to keep an open spot we need Okie Lite to to destroy OU and get into the MNC... right?

I think we'd rather keep OSU in the Fiesta Bowl, otherwise the Fiesta might take a 2nd Big 12 team. They are the most likely bowl to do that.

4 at large teams

Stanford will probably finish #4 and that would be another guarantee. But if VT passes them, they are no longer guaranteed. Might the Fiesta take Michigan instead?

If TCU moves up 2 spots they've got a guaranteed spot. I think they will rely on moving ahead of the Big 10 loser and Georgia, or Houston.

4th spot could be Michigan, if they move up 2 spots. They are looking to move ahead of the same teams TCU is.

4th spot could also be another Big 12 team--OU, KSU, or Baylor, if they move up 3 spots.

Only other eligible teams for that 4th spot are Boise St, Houston, or VT if they lose tonight.

It's really muddy until the final BCS standings come out because we don't know if Michigan and/or TCU is eligible, and in TCU's case, eligible=guaranteed.

The thing about it is that if the championship is an SEC-SEC matchup, they could grab another SEC team (Arkansas) for a BCS bowl which would be just as bad.

And to answer JTrain, no doubt in my mind we need to root for Wisconsin because if they lose, they would likely be chosen ahead of us for a bowl game given they beat us head-to-head. If MSU loses, we won the head-to-head so we SHOULD get a higher bowl if they lose.

Houston will plummet. Georgia and B1G loser will drop a few. Michigan and TCU will get into the BCS. That really isn't the issue IMO. The issue is, who do we want to win the B1G? Are we a lock for a Florida game?

From everything that I have heard is that both of those bowls want NU because they are new to the conference and we travel very well. So NU will go to one of them, it's just a matter of which one and which SEC team we play.

4 at large teams

The thing about it is that if the championship is an SEC-SEC matchup, they could grab another SEC team (Arkansas) for a BCS bowl which would be just as bad.

And to answer JTrain, no doubt in my mind we need to root for Wisconsin because if they lose, they would likely be chosen ahead of us for a bowl game given they beat us head-to-head. If MSU loses, we won the head-to-head so we SHOULD get a higher bowl if they lose.

The only way the SEC gets three teams in is if UGA would have won the CCG and then LSU and Alabama were chosen to go to the MNC game. Arky is going to one of the Florida bowls now probably along with UGA. USC will drop because they don't travel like those two schools and USC isn't as good as they are right now.