Which bowl game will we go to?

I sure hope MSU does not get the Cap One bowl. They need a lower tier bowl. They have not won a bowl game in forever. They are overrated this year. They got Ohio state when they were down and still barely won, lost badly to an very avg ND team, got lucky with the win vs Wisc.

Not sure who you are a fan of, but as far as I'm concerned this is just a stupid comment and probably does not deserve a response. I'm not exactly sure how a team that goes 7-1 in conference and 10-2 overall is considered overrated. That's all I'm going to say on this issue with you.

Let's see how Spaty does vs Wisc this time and how they do in their bowl. Win your bowl for once and maybe I will buy in.

I'd like to play SC or Georgia in the Outback Bowl I don't think we're going to be able to sneak into the Capital One Bowl.

Why not?

I'm just guessing the loser of the Big Ten game or Michigan will get the Capital One Bowl especially if Mich. can't get into a BCS game which at this point seems unlikely.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we get into the Captial One Bowl. Michigan State played there last year, and we've seen losing the CCG can be worse than not even making it to the CCG, in terms of Bowl selection.

I sure hope MSU does not get the Cap One bowl. They need a lower tier bowl. They have not won a bowl game in forever. They are overrated this year. They got Ohio state when they were down and still barely won, lost badly to an very avg ND team, got lucky with the win vs Wisc.

Not sure who you are a fan of, but as far as I'm concerned this is just a stupid comment and probably does not deserve a response. I'm not exactly sure how a team that goes 7-1 in conference and 10-2 overall is considered overrated. That's all I'm going to say on this issue with you.

Let's see how Spaty does vs Wisc this time and how they do in their bowl. Win your bowl for once and maybe I will buy in.

I hear a lot of let's see how they do here and lets see what happens then, as far as I'm concerned selection is based on the actual body of work. We beat Wisconsin once already this season and finished the season with a 10-2 mark. As far as I'm concerned there's nothing left to prove when it comes to qualifying for a decent bowl game, we had a very strong season and finished with the best record in the BIG. Although we haven't performed well in the bowls of late it should have no bearing on where we are placed, if it did there would be plenty of other teams getting docked then as well.

Although we haven't performed well in the bowls of late it should have no bearing on where we are placed, if it did there would be plenty of other teams getting docked then as well.

What matters to the bowls is how many fans a team will bring and what their TV numbers will be on gameday. If you (generic) don't think that matters when they make an offer, you're fooling yourself...

This is why there needs to be a playoff, and still with playoffs i dont even think that always finds the best team there is, its all about when your team gets hott, look at Fresno state in baseball a few years ago, a 4 seed wins it all, no way in hell they are the best baseball team that year, they just got hott, and same with basketball, you get all these 8-10 seed teams in the final four and there are no way they are better than some of the big name schools, they got hott and the bigger schools overlooked them

Shhhh....quit trying to infuse common sense into big business.

Although we haven't performed well in the bowls of late it should have no bearing on where we are placed, if it did there would be plenty of other teams getting docked then as well.

What matters to the bowls is how many fans a team will bring and what their TV numbers will be on gameday. If you (generic) don't think that matters when they make an offer, you're fooling yourself...

Completely agree with you there Lonnie, I mentioned that earlier that it all comes down to $$$$

I think best-case scenario is to have Oklahoma State win convincingly, persuading voters to bump OSU above Bama. Not sure about the rest of you, but I don't want to watch a championship rematch...

Let's see, OSU lost to Iowa State. Bama lost to LSU in overtime. Yeah, OSU deserves to go. No chance.

OSU beat more ranked teams, more teams with winning records, and played a tougher schedule. That's the logic we use to give the SEC the benefit of the doubt.

I think Michigan is probable, but there isn't a spot for them in the following scenario:

If Georgia wins today it will knock someone out as the SEC will have 3 BCS teams if LSU only drops to #2. Stanford would be automatic if they stay at #4. Houston would be automatic with a win. If they lose, TCU would be in if they move up to #16 or better. That leaves no room for an at large team.