B1G has 10 bowl eligible teams

Nexus

People say this isn't a good conference because nobody is national championship caliber. I think you're only as strong as your weakest competitors, and across the board I think the B1G has the highest amount of competitive teams of any BCS conference.

This Sporting News article agrees with you.

People say this isn't a good conference because nobody is national championship caliber. I think you're only as strong as your weakest competitors, and across the board I think the B1G has the highest amount of competitive teams of any BCS conference.

This Sporting News article agrees with you.

Huge logic fail

Edit: i mean the reporter

Did 10 out of 12 teams going bowling ever happen when we were in the Big 12? If Tech could upset Baylor they could get 9 out of 10 this year, otherwise 8 out of 10. Really the key to this happening is having two very sucky teams in each division that lose almost every game so the rest of the bottom dwellers can squeak their way in. It worked well this year for sure. It's impressive that 10 teams made it but four of those teams were 6-6. If anything impressed me with the BIG this year was even though we didn't have a national title contender we finished the regular season with three 10 win teams and two 9 win teams.

Yeah, competitive with each other but not with other conferences.

Did 10 out of 12 teams going bowling ever happen when we were in the Big 12? If Tech could upset Baylor they could get 9 out of 10 this year, otherwise 8 out of 10. Really the key to this happening is having two very sucky teams in each division that lose almost every game so the rest of the bottom dwellers can squeak their way in. It worked well this year for sure. It's impressive that 10 teams made it but four of those teams were 6-6. If anything impressed me with the BIG this year was even though we didn't have a national title contender we finished the regular season with three 10 win teams and two 9 win teams.

^This.

Most other BCS conferences have a similar thing going on so I don't feel it's something worth bragging about. Four 6-6 teams sure doesn't feel good.

^This.

Most other BCS conferences have a similar thing going on so I don't feel it's something worth bragging about. Four 6-6 teams sure doesn't feel good.

Just as important is to not have one or two superior teams that knock everyone else down. And another is to not play a very tough non-conference schedule, so that you can have a 2-6 and a couple 3-5 conference teams be bowl eligible.

Rose Bowl Game presented by VIZIO, Jan. 2: Wisconsin vs. BCS team

Allstate Sugar Bowl, Jan. 3: Michigan vs. BCS team

Capital One Bowl, Jan. 2: Nebraska vs. SEC team

Outback Bowl, Jan. 2: Michigan State vs. SEC team

Insight Bowl, Dec. 30: Iowa vs. Big 12 team

TaxSlayer.com Gator Bowl, Jan. 2: Ohio State vs. SEC team

Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas, Dec. 31: Northwestern vs. Big 12 team

TicketCity Bowl, Jan. 2: Penn State vs. Conference USA team

Little Caesars Pizza Bowl, Dec. 27: Purdue vs. MAC team

At-large: Illinois vs. TBA (Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl or AdvoCare V100 Independence Bowl)

LINK

Rittenburg's current prediction of B1G bowls for the season, following the Wisconsin win last night.