Rumblings of Player Transfer

Landlord

this is still going on. We all must still be pissed about finishing 3rd in the legend division. I only lost a grand on it,but whatever. You do know these kids do read these message boards. And believe it or not it does influence them. Funny thing is All you know it alls out there do not even mention a walk on QB that has the best throwing motion. But who cares right.

You can have all the talent in the world, but if you have no idea WTF is going on, you're a liability. Hate to break it to you, but you're wrong.

Most Western Kentucky recruits know exactly what is going on.

Really? Are we knocking Brion for being recruited by Western Kentucky? Maybe we should compare the offer list of D1 schools for quarterback that Brion had, vs Taylor.

How far behind Taylor is Brion in "knowing the offense", anyway? A good deal of conflicting stuff there.

• Fire 1

Take out the talent issues (is Carnes good, is he not) and the fact remains for whatever reason, Bo has issues playing anyone besides the starters. Has any second

string player really seen significant playing time in the time Bo has been here (other than injury) ? There has been some switching to try and find chemistry, but no consistent developing or playing time for those further down the depth chart. It has been a staple with Bo as a coach.

I think this well said, but I also believe the OP stated what in fact many people think but just don't voice. We absolutely don't know what goes on behind closed doors and at practice, but what we do know is that our #2 quarterback has NO meaningful snaps of any kind. To me, that is a very large potential problem.

CHATTANOOGA W 40-7

FRESNO STATE W 42-29

WASHINGTON W 51-38

WYOMING W 38-14

WISCONSIN L 48-17

OHIO STATE W 34-27

MINNESOTA W 41-14

MICH. STATE W 24-3

NORTHWESTERN L 28-25

PENN STATE W 17-14

MICHIGAN L 45-17

IOWA W 20-7

3 blowouts all year, and Carnes played in all 3. Do risk losing a game to develop one player?

Exactly. And not 1 of those 3 would've been considered "put in the backups" secure by Tom Osborne. Possibly UT Chat but definitely not the others. But the same people would complain about not putting the game away as are complaining about no experience for backups. Crying about Carnes not getting reps is code for "I don't like Taylor much"

So you know what I mean moreso than I do? I think I've been one of the more vocal ones on here who has changed my opinion of TM, I think he has improved tremendously, and I've said that numerous times. So that blows your "I don't like Taylor much" idea right out of the water.

And there were also two blowouts that we were on the other end of that were golden opportunities. And some of the shots TM took on the last series of the Michigan game were the type that could have had you calling to the sidelines for #2. And the Iowa game was not as close as that score indicated, yes if they score once more and then they recover a onside kick....yada, yada, yada. They scored one late TD with the help of numerous questionble calls, that game was not in doubt in the fourth quarter. I've never complained about not putting a game away.

But it doesn't matter what I think, Taylor will most likely continue to take every snap, and if something does happen to him we'll send in a QB who has zero experience.

(This doesn't apply to you in particular, but to many of these Carnes backers) Saying a few nice things about a kid doesn't change the underlying negativity that riddle most of the posts about him. Saying he's improved on one hand, then begging for the other guy to be in on the other is contradicting yourself, imo.

It might be contradicting yourself if you were calling for Carnes to replace TM, which in this particular (for the most part) thread is not the case, to me anyway, it's simply a matter of preparing another player to be ready to move into the lineup if the need would occur. And at the very least we know that need will occur in two years and if we continue grooming another QB at this pace, what's it going to look like in 2015

Take out the talent issues (is Carnes good, is he not) and the fact remains for whatever reason, Bo has issues playing anyone besides the starters. Has any second

string player really seen significant playing time in the time Bo has been here (other than injury) ? There has been some switching to try and find chemistry, but no consistent developing or playing time for those further down the depth chart. It has been a staple with Bo as a coach.

Uh..... what? I think you need to go look at the participation list.

You can have all the talent in the world, but if you have no idea WTF is going on, you're a liability. Hate to break it to you, but you're wrong.

Really? Are we knocking Brion for being recruited by Western Kentucky? Maybe we should compare the offer list of D1 schools for quarterback that Brion had, vs Taylor.

How far behind Taylor is Brion in "knowing the offense", anyway? A good deal of conflicting stuff there.

He's far enough behind that it's a concern to put him in. Bo's said it, Beck's said it, hell, even the "insiders" have said it.

I think this well said, but I also believe the OP stated what in fact many people think but just don't voice. We absolutely don't know what goes on behind closed doors and at practice, but what we do know is that our #2 quarterback has NO meaningful snaps of any kind. To me, that is a very large potential problem.

CHATTANOOGA W 40-7

FRESNO STATE W 42-29

WASHINGTON W 51-38

WYOMING W 38-14

WISCONSIN L 48-17

OHIO STATE W 34-27

MINNESOTA W 41-14

MICH. STATE W 24-3

NORTHWESTERN L 28-25

PENN STATE W 17-14

MICHIGAN L 45-17

IOWA W 20-7

3 blowouts all year, and Carnes played in all 3. Do risk losing a game to develop one player?

Exactly. And not 1 of those 3 would've been considered "put in the backups" secure by Tom Osborne. Possibly UT Chat but definitely not the others. But the same people would complain about not putting the game away as are complaining about no experience for backups. Crying about Carnes not getting reps is code for "I don't like Taylor much"

So you know what I mean moreso than I do? I think I've been one of the more vocal ones on here who has changed my opinion of TM, I think he has improved tremendously, and I've said that numerous times. So that blows your "I don't like Taylor much" idea right out of the water.

And there were also two blowouts that we were on the other end of that were golden opportunities. And some of the shots TM took on the last series of the Michigan game were the type that could have had you calling to the sidelines for #2. And the Iowa game was not as close as that score indicated, yes if they score once more and then they recover a onside kick....yada, yada, yada. They scored one late TD with the help of numerous questionble calls, that game was not in doubt in the fourth quarter. I've never complained about not putting a game away.

But it doesn't matter what I think, Taylor will most likely continue to take every snap, and if something does happen to him we'll send in a QB who has zero experience.

I did not mean to imply that you specifically do not care for Martinez. But, many who have been championing the "Bo sucks because he didn't play Carnes more" line often are the ones who are overly critical of TM and Bo in general. Sorry if you felt I aimed that directly at you. I will use names when I am not just generally speaking. Heck I thought Carnes should've seen action at wiscy and michigan but not in any game we were only ahead by 30ish. Unlike some people (not necessarily you) I actually give Pelini a little credit for understanding the game and knowing his players better than some fans whose only qualifications appear to be having an internet connection and time for second guessing.

No worries. I hear what you're saying. I've been one whose been critical of both Bo and TM in the past, and while I'm not %100 sold on either, I think a lot of things have been posted that do make a peson realize that you have to temper expectations a little bit and have a little patience. And while yes, I know Bo understands the game and his players better than anyone who is not part of the program, personally, I will never agree with how he handled this particular situtation this year. But that is just one person's opinion, and there have been just as many posts saying that it's no big deal that Carnes hasn't gotten much time. So I guess the only thing we can agree on is that not everyone is going to agree. I just hope there is nothing to the rumor of his leaving.

Happy to find out we have mind readers on this site. I disagree completely and I am a TMart supporter. It just makes sense to have a feel for game speed and electricity in an environment that is not a blowout or kneel down situation. We seem to have NO problem substituting 21 other positions at any point in the game...............even so far as starters disappearing for much of the season. To argue that a series (in most games) late in the second quarter or early in the third carries unacceptable risk is nonsensical.

Most every CFB coach in America not named Steve Spurrier or Brady Hoke would disagree with you.

He's far enough behind that it's a concern to put him in. Bo's said it, Beck's said it, hell, even the "insiders" have said it.

I thought at one time earlier in the year Bo said he would have no problems putting Carnes in a game. Did I just dream that or is my memory failing (both of which are entirely possible at this point)? But if he is that far behind, why. If this is a completely new system then he should have been in it the same amount of time as TM, is he not bright enough to figure it out, or is he not getting enough reps to get it down?

I thought at one time earlier in the year Bo said he would have no problems putting Carnes in a game. Did I just dream that or is my memory failing (both of which are entirely possible at this point)? But if he is that far behind, why. If this is a completely new system then he should have been in it the same amount of time as TM, is he not bright enough to figure it out, or is he not getting enough reps to get it down?

Bo did say it, before the season IIRC. IMO, it was a fluff comment to try to build the kid's confidence. I'm no insider. But a few people who seem to be in the know suggest that Carnes simply has trouble grasping the complexities of the offense, the audibles, and struggles reading a defense. We have a "check with me" pre-play system, but he still has to know some audibles. It also seems he tries to force throws, which is the worst thing he can do. When our secondary is picking you off alot, there's a problem.

Again, I don't claim to be a special insider or anything, this is just what I've gleaned from a few different places where folks seem to know their stuff.

Bo did say it, before the season IIRC. IMO, it was a fluff comment to try to build the kid's confidence. I'm no insider. But a few people who seem to be in the know suggest that Carnes simply has trouble grasping the complexities of the offense, the audibles, and struggles reading a defense. We have a "check with me" pre-play system, but he still has to know some audibles. It also seems he tries to force throws, which is the worst thing he can do. When our secondary is picking you off alot, there's a problem.

Again, I don't claim to be a special insider or anything, this is just what I've gleaned from a few different places where folks seem to know their stuff.

Thanks, thats probably as close as we're going to get to any real information. As to the forcing throws and audiblizing, as I think we've seen with TM, that is something you have work through with experience. It really suprises me that Bo would use a fluff comment, that just doesn't sound like him. But who knows, all we can do is speculate.

Thanks, thats probably as close as we're going to get to any real information. As to the forcing throws and audiblizing, as I think we've seen with TM, that is something you have work through with experience. It really suprises me that Bo would use a fluff comment, that just doesn't sound like him. But who knows, all we can do is speculate.

I don't think we'll ever know until Taylor gets hurt or until the year 2014..... That is until our coaches realize how much of a liability it is to have a one-dimensional offense. Ask ESPN.

Uh..... what? I think you need to go look at the participation list.

Who would we find on there? All those 2nd string offensive linemen like Choi? ONLY reason he got in there was because A-Rod was hurt. How many games did Yoshi play every snap? I believe both Michigan (a blowout loss) and Iowa (a blowout win). What about our tallented freshman RB's. Nope. How about Rome? Only reason he got in there was because Crick got hurt.

Didn't see Turner in there much. Didn't see Carnes in there at all. He held on tight to Fisher right up to the end. Ankrah barely got any time until the final game. David never came out, Compton as well. Some 2nd stringers got in at CB but mainly because that position is so up in the air that we were rotating offensive guys through their ranks. Stafford was in every game at the end. PJ Smith? Didn't see him.

Bo doesn't put the 2nd team in the game. His starters generally play every minute of the game regardless of outcome.

• Fire 3

Bo doesn't put the 2nd team in the game. His starters generally play every minute of the game regardless of outcome.

And yet he gave out 19 Blackshirts because he rotates so much on defense. The guy is a dichotomy.

Actually more than that. Whaley even had one I think. Those 10 total tackles must have been pretty spectacular. Asked how he earned it: "I got my grades the way they're supposed to be" :dunno