B1G Championship Game

GM_Tood

Boo hoo, we lost on a fluke last time so we win by a hair this time. I'll root for MSU whoever they play, same with OSU and NU and even Minnesota if they ever got a bowl.

Man up and back your f'ing conference.

I will back my conference, except for wisconsin, i have my own reasons for that, and im never taking a trip back to madison again in my life

Boo hoo, we lost on a fluke last time so we win by a hair this time. I'll root for MSU whoever they play, same with OSU and NU and even Minnesota if they ever got a bowl.

I will back my conference, except for wisconsin, i have my own reasons for that, and im never taking a trip back to madison again in my life

You want me to cry for you or apologize for something I didn't do? I won't. I've spent too much of my time on here trying to make amends or somehow console you fans that made road trips completely unprepared. You're in the Big Ten now. Be a man and grow some thick skin or don't travel. Don't start whining about how you won't root for your conference because some drunk called you a mean name.

Most of you must not have watched the replay as much as i have, but he did not "run" or "rough" the kicker, he clearly made it right under his kicking leg and second let, and the kicker brough foward his back leg to make contact and flipped himself backwards, do you know what that's called? Acting, and acting got his team the W...endings like this piss me off and i normally cheer for conference teams to win during bowl season, but i hope Oregon beats the hell out of them, On Oregon! ok im done :rant

You don't go for a punt block down 3 with under 2 minutes left when a five yard penalty will give them a first down and your team will probably have good field position anyways. It was something that will be called every time someone gets under the kickers leg. MSU did that to themselves, it's not on officials or acting. That's a position nobody should have even been near under those circumstances. They had their opportunities to get after punts earlier in the game and that wasn't the point for it, obviously. Can't blame anyone else but MSU.

It was a great game. Congrats to the Badgers.

Lame ending, shame, last year they beat the badgers and badgers got to go to the Rose bowl anyway. Oh well, good game, worthy of a championship.

Great game Michiganball. I really thought you all had the best of us. The Spartans are slowly becoming my favorite team to play in the Big Ten. Our teams are so much alike its kind of scary

I wish you guys the best in whatever bowl you draw in Florida, I hope Dantonio brings the fire like he did today.

Here's to making the first Big Ten Championship Game one for the history books. :cheers

Most of you must not have watched the replay as much as i have, but he did not "run" or "rough" the kicker, he clearly made it right under his kicking leg and second let, and the kicker brough foward his back leg to make contact and flipped himself backwards, do you know what that's called? Acting, and acting got his team the W...endings like this piss me off and i normally cheer for conference teams to win during bowl season, but i hope Oregon beats the hell out of them, On Oregon! ok im done :rant

Not allowing the kicker to get his foot down is a penalty, no way around it. MSU screwed up and deserved to lose because of it. Congrats Badgers!

You want me to cry for you or apologize for something I didn't do? I won't. I've spent too much of my time on here trying to make amends or somehow console you fans that made road trips completely unprepared. You're in the Big Ten now. Be a man and grow some thick skin or don't travel. Don't start whining about how you won't root for your conference because some drunk called you a mean name.

How about some drunk who stabbed my friend countless times with me witnessing? i had a real good time in waiting in the hospital for 2 days when we planned on leaving the next day...which then cost me to miss a test on monday and i havnt been able to catch up in the class and now im about to fail...we better grow some thicker skin huh?

How about some drunk who stabbed my friend countless times with me witnessing? i had a real good time in waiting in the hospital for 2 days when we planned on leaving the next day...which then cost me to miss a test on monday and i havnt been able to catch up in the class and now im about to fail...we better grow some thicker skin huh?

Ok I'm not going to call you a liar but this sounds really made up to me.

1. It sounds eirely similar to a false claim made by Gopher fans several years ago involving a violent assault by supposed Badger fans in a Madison Bar. Turned out to be complete horse sh#t.

2. Why would you post it now rather than in one of the many "UW Fans suck" threads" posted on HB in the past two months?

3. If this were true, you would think that given our reputation as having crazy fans and with the previous assaults of sports fans in the past year this would get tons of press. Especially a stabbing no less. I don't see any articles or remember hearing anything about it.

4. It isn't anywhere in the MPD Incident reports...granted they aren't all inclusive but they're usually pretty accurate ESPECIALLY with assaults.

Here's all we get from MPD for the Nebraska weekend.

"District commanders reported no major incidents connected to Saturday's Wisconsin versus Nebraska football game, but there were several noteworthy reports:

• Two Michigan men were arrested Saturday afternoon for selling fake game tickets in the Regent Street area. Officers began investigating after receiving a tip.
  • One suspect, Kennie R. Burton, age 50, Detroit, was in possession of 14 counterfeit tickets. Real tickets are tan on the back. These were white. In addition, on the front of the bogus tickets, where the $49 price is located, there was no reflective coating, which is present on genuine tickets.
  • The second suspect, Daniel N. Wood, age 27, Jackson, MI, was identified by two fans as the man who sold them counterfeit tickets. A 53-year old Madison man said he paid $300 for a pair. A 54-year old Nebraska fan said he paid over $700 for 5. The seats were in section U, row 27, seats 33, 34, 35, 37, & 37.
  • All tickets seized from suspect Burton were either in section U or section V, all in row 27, and all with seat numbers from 33 to 37.
  • Suspect Wood, who was dressed in full Badger regalia, tried to identify himself with a fake ID.
  • The men had no significant sums of money, and it’s believed they were turning proceeds over to someone else following sales.
  • Officers did speak with a Florida man, who was attired in Milwaukee Brewers garb, who said he was in Wisconsin to scalp tickets. He had several thousand dollars, but probable cause did not exist to make an arrest.
  • Following the game, a 29-year old Omaha, NE, man said he was sucker punched outside of a W. Gorham St. tavern shortly after midnight. He was wearing a black Nebraska t-shirt and believes the man who hit him twice was wearing Wisconsin gear. He could only describe him as being white, about 5’11”, with a solid build. The victim was transported to a hospital with a cut to his nose and a chipped tooth."

Like I said, I'm not calling you a liar but from what I can see I don't have any reason to believe you. If it is true though I'm very sorry that you went through that. I have never ever been a victim or known a victim of violent crime in the Dane County area. This would seriously be news to me.

Oh and if this really happened why hold this grudge against the Badgers? Did Bielema do it?

I mean, my car was broken into in Arlington once but that's not why I hate the Cowboys

Maybe you can provide some kind of documentation about this. I'll feel like an ass if you can prove it but I'd want you to so I know for my own personal safety the next time I go drinking around town.

1. It sounds eirely similar to a false claim made by Gopher fans several years ago

2. Why would you post it now rather than in one of the many "UW Fans suck" threads" posted on HB in the past two months?

3. It isn't anywhere in the MPD Incident reports...granted they aren't all inclusive but they're generally pretty accurate ESPECIALLY with assaults.

Here's all we get from the Nebraska game.

"Central District commanders reported no major incidents connected to Saturday's Wisconsin versus Nebraska football game, but there were several noteworthy reports:

Two Michigan men were arrested Saturday afternoon for selling fake game tickets in the Regent Street area. Officers began investigating after receiving a tip.

One suspect, Kennie R. Burton, age 50, Detroit, was in possession of 14 counterfeit tickets. Real tickets are tan on the back. These were white. In addition, on the front of the bogus tickets, where the $49 price is located, there was no reflective coating, which is present on genuine tickets.

The second suspect, Daniel N. Wood, age 27, Jackson, MI, was identified by two fans as the man who sold them counterfeit tickets. A 53-year old Madison man said he paid $300 for a pair. A 54-year old Nebraska fan said he paid over $700 for 5. The seats were in section U, row 27, seats 33, 34, 35, 37, & 37.

All tickets seized from suspect Burton were either in section U or section V, all in row 27, and all with seat numbers from 33 to 37.

Suspect Wood, who was dressed in full Badger regalia, tried to identify himself with a fake ID.

The men had no significant sums of money, and it’s believed they were turning proceeds over to someone else following sales.

Officers did speak with a Florida man, who was attired in Milwaukee Brewers garb, who said he was in Wisconsin to scalp tickets. He had several thousand dollars, but probable cause did not exist to make an arrest.

Following the game, a 29-year old Omaha, NE, man said he was sucker punched outside of a W. Gorham St. tavern shortly after midnight. He was wearing a black Nebraska t-shirt and believes the man who hit him twice was wearing Wisconsin gear. He could only describe him as being white, about 5’11”, with a solid build. The victim was transported to a hospital with a cut to his nose and a chipped tooth."

Like I said, I'm not calling you a liar but from what I can see I don't have any reason to believe you. If it is true though I'm very sorry that you went through that. I have never ever been a victim or known a victim of violent crime in the Dane County area. This would seriously be news to me.

Oh and if this really happened why hold this grudge against the Badgers? Did Bielema do it?

I mean, my car got broken into in Arlington once but that's not why I hate the Cowboys

countless is an exaggeration but from the medical report and the doctor, there were 4 open flesh wounds, luckily it was with one of those small 2" pocket knives so the wounds did not hit any major organs and the docs said some of them didnt fully impale him, most in the abdomen area but one cut had the doctors concerned so they made him stay overnight which was rediculous imo, if you come to lincoln and something like that happens you will still cheer for the huskers? its one thing to get verbally abused (which ive experined tons of and am used to from road trips) but physically abused? keep im mind we are college students...im 5 11" 170, i cant defend myself worth crap if something gets started...but honeslty id just rather not support them this year...im sure my opinion can change in the future...

1. It sounds eirely similar to a false claim made by Gopher fans several years ago

3. It isn't anywhere in the MPD Incident reports...granted they aren't all inclusive but they're generally pretty accurate ESPECIALLY with assaults.

"Central District commanders reported no major incidents connected to Saturday's Wisconsin versus Nebraska football game, but there were several noteworthy reports:

Two Michigan men were arrested Saturday afternoon for selling fake game tickets in the Regent Street area. Officers began investigating after receiving a tip.

One suspect, Kennie R. Burton, age 50, Detroit, was in possession of 14 counterfeit tickets. Real tickets are tan on the back. These were white. In addition, on the front of the bogus tickets, where the $49 price is located, there was no reflective coating, which is present on genuine tickets.

The second suspect, Daniel N. Wood, age 27, Jackson, MI, was identified by two fans as the man who sold them counterfeit tickets. A 53-year old Madison man said he paid $300 for a pair. A 54-year old Nebraska fan said he paid over $700 for 5. The seats were in section U, row 27, seats 33, 34, 35, 37, & 37.

All tickets seized from suspect Burton were either in section U or section V, all in row 27, and all with seat numbers from 33 to 37.

Suspect Wood, who was dressed in full Badger regalia, tried to identify himself with a fake ID.

The men had no significant sums of money, and it’s believed they were turning proceeds over to someone else following sales.

Officers did speak with a Florida man, who was attired in Milwaukee Brewers garb, who said he was in Wisconsin to scalp tickets. He had several thousand dollars, but probable cause did not exist to make an arrest.

Following the game, a 29-year old Omaha, NE, man said he was sucker punched outside of a W. Gorham St. tavern shortly after midnight. He was wearing a black Nebraska t-shirt and believes the man who hit him twice was wearing Wisconsin gear. He could only describe him as being white, about 5’11”, with a solid build. The victim was transported to a hospital with a cut to his nose and a chipped tooth."

I mean, my car got broken into in Arlington once but that's not why I hate the Cowboys

countless is an exaggeration but from the medical report and the doctor, there were 4 open flesh wounds, luckily it was with one of those small 2" pocket knives so the wounds did not hit any major organs and the docs said some of them didnt fully impale him, most in the abdomen area but one cut had the doctors concerned so they made him stay overnight which was rediculous imo, if you come to lincoln and something like that happens you will still cheer for the huskers? its one thing to get verbally abused (which ive experined tons of and am used to from road trips) but physically abused? keep im mind we are college students...im 5 11" 170, i cant defend myself worth crap if something gets started...but honeslty id just rather not support them this year...im sure my opinion can change in the future...

Did you report this to the police?

After thinking about this for a minute I want to change my post because this is a stupid petty "argument" for me to cause and its ruined this thread.

EDIT: As one person to another regardless of sports 'fan-itude' that sucks. It sounds like a horrible way to spend a weekend on the road. I honestly am sorry that you formed that impression of my one time hometown and one of my favorite cities but I completely understand and in your shoes I'd form the same opinion, pocket knife or meat cleaver.

Should you ever work up the nerve to visit the city sometime in the future might I suggest in Summer or late Spring. It really is a great town with great people and so much to do. I'll even put myself out there...if you're ever going to find yourself in the area shoot me a pm and if I'm around I'd be more than happy to show you around.

Edited by Badgerfan

it was 130 or 2 in the morning, we had a group of 4....3 of us were piss drunk and we had one DD to get us all back to the hotel...we ran into some wisconsin fans, also piss drunk, they were prob in their 20's, 2 hispanics and 2 really sketchy looking white guys...they came up and started talking smack about the game laughing in our faces...my friend whos a year older than me (20)..started fireing back idiotically which made no sense because i wasnt about to jump in if a fight started....the sober guy in our group tried to break it up and thats when the mfer took out his pocked knife...my highly intoxicated friend doubted that he had the balls to do anything with it and told them to step off and thats when the guy started going crazy and knifed him 3 or 4 times and then all the guys bolted off...my friend was concious and talking and we all came to the ultimatem that he needed to go to the hospital....there was no one in the vacinity and the guys ran off so we figured we'd worry about the cops later...we went the hospital and told them what happened and im sure they would have filed a report with the police wouldnt you think? im not sure but it was a st. mary's hospital that was up in madison...it was just an unlucky situation and thats what happens when a bunch of drunk people start stuff....id say my friend is just as much at fault for talking back to these guys but to bring out a pocket knife? really? its sad enough its a pocket knife but then to stab a person with it...

it was 130 or 2 in the morning, we had a group of 4....3 of us were piss drunk and we had one DD to get us all back to the hotel...we ran into some wisconsin fans, also piss drunk, they were prob in their 20's, 2 hispanics and 2 really sketchy looking white guys...they came up and started talking smack about the game laughing in our faces...my friend whos a year older than me (20)..started fireing back idiotically which made no sense because i wasnt about to jump in if a fight started....the sober guy in our group tried to break it up and thats when the mfer took out his pocked knife...my highly intoxicated friend doubted that he had the balls to do anything with it and told them to step off and thats when the guy started going crazy and knifed him 3 or 4 times and then all the guys bolted off...my friend was concious and talking and we all came to the ultimatem that he needed to go to the hospital....there was no one in the vacinity and the guys ran off so we figured we'd worry about the cops later...we went the hospital and told them what happened and im sure they would have filed a report with the police wouldnt you think? im not sure but it was a st. mary's hospital that was up in madison...it was just an unlucky situation and thats what happens when a bunch of drunk people start stuff....id say my friend is just as much at fault for talking back to these guys but to bring out a pocket knife? really? its sad enough its a pocket knife but then to stab a person with it...

see my edit

see my edit

ya the badger team and bielma have nothing to do with it, i understand that...

see my edit

ya the badger team and bielma have nothing to do with it, i understand that...

Well like I said in my edit. That's too bad.

Anyhow...wooooo ON WISCONSIN