B1G Championship Game

GM_Tood

I call BS. The Big Ten just released 2k additional tickets yesterday due to demand from the public...

This is just a stupid Craigslist post that's circulating around CFB boards...nothing more than a joke.

I find this hard to believe, considering Wisconsin hasn't even sold their school allotment, and there are upper level tickets selling for literally $15-20 online. Pathetic showing Wisconsin, can't even get close to filling up your half of the stadium in the first ever B1G Championship Game.

Well, we apologize greatly. Now let's hear about how Nebraska/OSU/Michigan would've certainly sold all their tickets to the game.

I'm surprised it's Wisconsin that's not filling their school allotment. I was for sure it would be Michigan State.

I think Ohio State if they went would've filled their allotment. I'm sure Nebraska would've. Michigan? maybe.

I call BS. The Big Ten just released 2k additional tickets yesterday due to demand from the public...

This is just a stupid Craigslist post that's circulating around CFB boards...nothing more than a joke.

I find this hard to believe, considering Wisconsin hasn't even sold their school allotment, and there are upper level tickets selling for literally $15-20 online. Pathetic showing Wisconsin, can't even get close to filling up your half of the stadium in the first ever B1G Championship Game.

Um sorry?

People from Wisconsin apparently already have a team they'd rather spend money traveling to go see...who knew?

Our allotment of tickets did not even make it to the publc, the donors gobbled all ~15000 tickets that we were given instantly. I think the issue is that when you have a game like this and offer a large amount of tickets to the public and Colts season ticket holders you are looking at a situation where everyone is just out to make a quick buck and looking to dump their tickets for a small profit. If the BIG wants to avoid issues like this in the future offer far less tickets to the public to begin with, and then when the game participants have been determined then start selling them in huge amounts. I guarantee you that if you did this you would have far more people attending the game that actually care.

Well, we apologize greatly. Now let's hear about how Nebraska/OSU/Michigan would've certainly sold all their tickets to the game.

Well, Nebraska definitely (or certainly) would have, as a matter of fact, not pride.

Well, Nebraska definitely (or certainly) would have, as a matter of fact, not pride.

Yea we know. You guys travel. We get it.

I'm confused here, Badger_HB said he wanted to hear about how we would have filled the place up...but now I'm not so sure he really wanted to! Am I supposed to respond with "Yeah, we know, you guys can't fill your relatively small allotment to the first championship game in conference history, when we're used to Cowboy's Stadium or Arrowhead being packed - we get it."

Nothing against you guys personally at all, just disappointing that your fanbase isn't backing the team the way that they (in my mind) should.

I'm confused here, Badger_HB said he wanted to hear about how we would have filled the place up...but now I'm not so sure he really wanted to! Am I supposed to respond with "Yeah, we know, you guys can't fill your relatively small allotment to the first championship game in conference history, when we're used to Cowboy's Stadium or Arrowhead being packed - we get it."

Nothing against you guys personally at all, just disappointing that your fanbase isn't backing the team the way that they (in my mind) should.

I don't think HB really wanted you to tell him about how well NU fans travel. Anyone that's read more than a couple threads on this board or watched a few games here and there knows that. I don't know why we're comparing the two fan bases. They're very very different.

Would I like to fill the Stadium with UW fans? Hell yea but being from Wisconsin I know where people have their priorities. This is simple fact in WI. It might be sad but thinking about it from the common perspective...if I only have enough time and money to see one football game on the road this year it is not going to be the Badgers. UW will always be the "other" team in the state. People are fans of the Badgers but they live and die by the Packers. That's the way it is.