Is it inevitable that Bo will leave?

thequan

Serious question, not trolling. I am very curious as to whether Bo really intends to stay here. and I would like to hear your thoughts. Here is my conspiracy theory, which I believe is at least somewhat rational:

I honestly believe that coach Pelini is in a bind here with expectations and inexperience as a head coach, and he may be biding his time to get out. I'm not saying he's not working to win conference championships, or busting his ass in recruiting. Don't get me wrong at all, I love Bo. I love his style, and I truly believe that he has the ability to win an (edit: national) championship with Nebraska if given the time. That being said, it is going to take him a long time to get there. He has to boost recruiting efforts, and find a stable winning coaching staff (not to mention QB's that can win). Just think about how long it took T.O. to build up to that 90's title show. Only after Turner Gill left did he truly start to get his act together. And that is after several years here. I don't think Bo has that kind of time. If we lose 4-5 games next season (a possibility), many of us will be questioning his viability here (if you're not already).

Case in point: This is not Bo's last rodeo. Most likely, he will await Les Miles' departure at LSU and move to develop ridiculously dominant defenses there, or best case scenario: 5 years from now Urban burns out at theOSU and Bo takes over there.

I'm not saying this is true. I would like to believe Bo wants to develop a powerhouse at Nebraska, but with recruiting disadvantages, etc. it is a tough place to do that. Bo is a tough man, and he is learning and growing with every game. We need to give him a lot more time and some more leniency, not all results are immediate. On top of this, Bo is a family man, and Lincoln is an amazing place to raise one.

tl;dr // With all the fire Bo comments, it is possible that we won't even need to think about that. What if he leaves? I would be interested in your thoughts...

I promise this is my last report on Bo but its totally true this time. Word is he wants to honor his late father's dream and start playing Baseball. After this season he will join the Cleveland Indians in Goodyear Arizona for spring training. That's why Carl was in the area earlier this week. No news yet on what position Bo will try out for but rumor has it Rex Burkhead will forgo his senior year in Lincoln to join Bo with the Indians and is expected to play any and all of whichever 8 positions Bo does not choose.

Remember, you heard it here first so don't bother googiling. Its so exclusive that it won't show up....

I promise this is my last report on Bo but its totally true this time. Word is he wants to honor his late father's dream and start playing Baseball. After this season he will join the Cleveland Indians in Goodyear Arizona for spring training. That's why Carl was in the area earlier this week. No news yet on what position Bo will try out for but rumor has it Rex Burkhead will forgo his senior year in Lincoln to join Bo with the Indians and is expected to play any and all of whichever 8 positions Bo does not choose.

Remember, you heard it here first so don't bother googiling. Its so exclusive that it won't show up....

I always knew Bo was just whoring Nebraska out so he could get a shot at playing for the Indians!

This is absolutely ridiculous. I can't believe you would post such garbage... Because I have it on VERY good authority he plans to join the Seattle Mariners.

Sir,

After reading your post, the Badgers just became my second favorite team in the Big 10. Classic. Will there be anybody else on the Indians besides Burkhead and Bo? Or will they simply be fielding a two man team, which should be more than plenty? They might want to consider trading one of the two for Pujols.

This is absolutely ridiculous. I can't believe you would post such garbage... Because I have it on VERY good authority he plans to join the Seattle Mariners.

I cant believe either of you, this is the stupidest sh#t i have ever seen. Is there one ounce of pride in either of you guys. Bo to play baseball for the Mariners or the Indians, how stupid is that. He is going to the Royals to play with Bubba Starling, i hear he put in a good word for Bo.

Bleep it. badger fan is the man. he has posted here and had fans running crazy and trying to figure out what is going on. Badger fan I hope that you do understand that Nebraska will dominate you later in the long run. BUT I HAVE LAUGHED SO HARD AT YOUR POSTS AND DUMBASSES believing them. You in my mind are a legend. So I dedicate this song to you and all your posts of head coaching changes and blah blah blah that you have done. Again total respect for you. You have made my week. THIS SONG IS DEDICATED TO BADGER FAN AND NO SONG IS MORE FITTING:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV0bhJP0fVc HAVE A GOOD ONE BADGER FAN, YOU ROCK

Serious question, not trolling. I am very curious as to whether Bo really intends to stay here. and I would like to hear your thoughts. Here is my conspiracy theory, which I believe is at least somewhat rational:

I honestly believe that coach Pelini is in a bind here with expectations and inexperience as a head coach, and he may be biding his time to get out. I'm not saying he's not working to win conference championships, or busting his ass in recruiting. Don't get me wrong at all, I love Bo. I love his style, and I truly believe that he has the ability to win an (edit: national) championship with Nebraska if given the time. That being said, it is going to take him a long time to get there. He has to boost recruiting efforts, and find a stable winning coaching staff (not to mention QB's that can win). Just think about how long it took T.O. to build up to that 90's title show. Only after Turner Gill left did he truly start to get his act together. And that is after several years here. I don't think Bo has that kind of time. If we lose 4-5 games next season (a possibility), many of us will be questioning his viability here (if you're not already).

Case in point: This is not Bo's last rodeo. Most likely, he will await Les Miles' departure at LSU and move to develop ridiculously dominant defenses there, or best case scenario: 5 years from now Urban burns out at theOSU and Bo takes over there.

I'm not saying this is true. I would like to believe Bo wants to develop a powerhouse at Nebraska, but with recruiting disadvantages, etc. it is a tough place to do that. Bo is a tough man, and he is learning and growing with every game. We need to give him a lot more time and some more leniency, not all results are immediate. On top of this, Bo is a family man, and Lincoln is an amazing place to raise one.

tl;dr // With all the fire Bo comments, it is possible that we won't even need to think about that. What if he leaves? I would be interested in your thoughts...

If he's worried about expectations here, just imagine if he goes to LSU and follows Les Miles...

My take on Bo leaving for another school is that it would be a GREAT thing for Nebraska if he starts being courted by other big time programs. If Bo is ever in a position to be seriously considered by an OSU or LSU, that will mean he has been doing a hell of a job for us. To this point in his career, he's not really being seriously considered for any other high level head coaching positions because he's been just above average so far. Yeah there were some Miami rumblings last year and OSU rumblings this year, but it never really sounded like Bo was a real viable candidate for either of them.

The market will tell you what kind of coach you have. I laugh at people who are so worried that some day a major program will come in and steal Bo. If they start trying, that's great!! It means he's doing things right. If Bo coaches his whole life at Nebraska and none of the other big programs ever comes calling, that means he sucks!! Who wants that?

Not to take this thread off its tracks, but I apply similar logic to Solich. I haven't ever questioned whether getting rid of Solich was the right call or not because it obviously was based on what the market has told us. If Frank were that great, someone would have snatched him up by now (or he would have worked his way back up the ranks) and he'd be heading into a major conference championship game with a major program right now.

Another way to look at it...I would MUCH rather be reading "Oh crap, Bo is on the short list to replace Saban at Alabama" types of threads than "Fire Bo" threads. We have a ways to go before we have to worry too much about the former.

• Fire 2

I cant believe either of you, this is the stupidest sh#t i have ever seen. Is there one ounce of pride in either of you guys. Bo to play baseball for the Mariners or the Indians, how stupid is that. He is going to the Royals to play with Bubba Starling, i hear he put in a good word for Bo.

You guys are all wrong Bo is from Ohio. I don't think they even have baseball there just ask the Indians. Bo is going to move to Detriot to be Suh's Behavioral Therapist.

• Fire 1