OSU deserves to play for the title - they really, really do

Landlord

And you know this as fact since you live in Oklahoma and interviewed all the players and did a complete psychological analysis of players and coaches before the game? You are entitled to your opinion but so am I or any other poster on this forum. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

And you know for a fact that had that plane never crashed Okie Lite would have beaten ISU?

bullsh#t. OSU lost to an unranked ISU. Bama lost to LSU. Bama is the better team. I'm hearing enough bitching about this being in Oklahoma. That "tragedy" had nothing to do with the football team.

OSU didn't lose at home like Alabama. Alabama had the most favorable shot at beating LSU and couldn't. Now if it was LSU at home then i would agree Alabama should get another shot. I also didn't expect OSU to throttle OU like that. Before you start trashing ISU remember they beat us at home and close one last year. Paul Rhoads isn't a sh**ty coach. Iowa St. isn't a doormat since he got there last couple of years.

bullsh#t. OSU lost to an unranked ISU. Bama lost to LSU. Bama is the better team. I'm hearing enough bitching about this being in Oklahoma. That "tragedy" had nothing to do with the football team.

OSU didn't lose at home like Alabama. Alabama had the most favorable shot at beating LSU and couldn't. Now if it was LSU at home then i would agree Alabama should get another shot. I also didn't expect OSU to throttle OU like that. Before you start trashing ISU remember they beat us at home and close one last year. Paul Rhoads isn't a sh**ty coach. Iowa St. isn't a doormat since he got there last couple of years.

Good points.....I don't think 'Bama deserves a do-over against LSU......Oklahoma State deserves a shot at the title...

You have no idea whether their tragedy, without quotations because it is a tragedy (takes a lot of nerve to even type it out like that), affected the football team or not - but the logical guess is that it did rather than it didn't.

Furthermore, OSU lost to ISU and Bama lost to LSU...yeah yeah. What about the other side of the coin?

OSU has wins over 5 top 25 teams (#10 Oklahoma, #11 Kansas State, #17 Baylor, #22 Texas and #25 Missouri) compared to Alabama's 2 wins (#8 Arkansas and #21 Penn State). OSU has wins over 7 bowl-bound teams with winning records, compared to Alabama's 3.

Who has the better resume on paper here?

You have no idea whether their tragedy, without quotations because it is a tragedy (takes a lot of nerve to even type it out like that), affected the football team or not - but the logical guess is that it did rather than it didn't.

Furthermore, OSU lost to ISU and Bama lost to LSU...yeah yeah. What about the other side of the coin?

OSU has wins over 5 top 25 teams (#10 Oklahoma, #11 Kansas State, #17 Baylor, #22 Texas and #25 Missouri) compared to Alabama's 2 wins (#8 Arkansas and #21 Penn State). OSU has wins over 7 bowl-bound teams with winning records, compared to Alabama's 3.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand Boom goes the dynamite.

And you know this as fact since you live in Oklahoma and interviewed all the players and did a complete psychological analysis of players and coaches before the game? You are entitled to your opinion but so am I or any other poster on this forum. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

And you know for a fact that had that plane never crashed Okie Lite would have beaten ISU?

I certainly don't know that as fact. In college football any team can be beaten on a given saturday and the plane crash may not have been a factor. I have to think it was though. There had to be a degree of fear and shock in those players. Players reaction speed and decision making skills are diminished when fear enters the psyche. All it took was for Iowa State to be successful on a couple of drives and OSU to commit a few turnovers and the fear factor that was lurking in those players like the grim reaper took over and the ISU players and coaches knew it. Just because they were human and reacted like humans do doesn't mean they aren't an excellent team.

Nope...they really, really don't.

I've actually given an argument here - what's yours?

They lost to Iowa State. I saw this posted in another thread...If someone held a gun to your head and said you had to bet $1 million on the result of the Alabama vs. Oklahoma State game, who would you take? I think 95% of people takes Alabama in that scenario. I know I do.

They lost to Iowa State. I saw this posted in another thread...If someone held a gun to your head and said you had to bet $1 million on the result of the Alabama vs. Oklahoma State game, who would you take? I think 95% of people takes Alabama in that scenario. I know I do.

So you think one loss is that much worse than another loss that 3 more wins over ranked teams and 4 more wins over bowl-bound teams can't overcome it? I've never seen an argument where a loss has more absolute value than 3 or 4 wins.

Good points.....I don't think 'Bama deserves a do-over against LSU......Oklahoma State deserves a shot at the title...

Paul Rhoads is becoming a pretty good coach. Coming into the OSU game he had a team with 5 wins that knew that had to beat one of the three top teams in the Big 12 to be bowl eligible. I'm sure fans gave up and expected an ass whooping. The coach didn't give up, and his players didn't quit. They went out and beat OSU at home.

Paul 1 of 13 coaches from ISU with a winning record. They have had a total of 32 coaches in the 100+ year the school has been around. The have been to ten bowl game and have won three of them. Rhoads has on bowl victory at ISU and a chance to win another one Dec 30th.

I don't know what role the crash played on the psyche of the players. Could have bothered some and maybe none at all. I just think to say just because a team lost that is who deserving in an opinion. We have to settle these thing on the field.