Suh gets in another car accident

The car originally would have come with seatbelts from the factory. However, most of the time these cars are restored the seatbelts are not installed back into them.

I can speak for the 71 Chevrolet models and the front seats came with seat belts, but not the back. I'm pretty sure it was an option. My old 71 Chevy came with lap belts and another set of belts (went across your shoulder) that folded over the doors. I was told by an officer after being pulled over that I technically did not have to wear my seatbelt in the car if I did not want to.

Ever driven an old 70's muscle car with a 396 or similar engine? I used to have a 71 Nova 2 door with a factory 4 on the floor mated with a 350/345hp engine. Good times.

I had a 1970-something Plymouth Scamp with a 318 V-8, which was plenty of power for that little car. Drove it for a year, took real good care of it, then lost control going 85 mph on a gravel road and rolled it in a ditch/field. Totaled it. Very sad day.

Lost in this discussion....why was Suh driving a 1970 Chevy Coupe?

Probably because he has the money to buy badass cars.

Not to be mistaken here...it simply doesn't seem like a car Suh would be driving around. I picture him more of the SUV type. But just to point out...if I had plenty of cash...a 70 Chevy would NOT be in my top 20. Go big or go home.

Is this your #1???

ghetto-honda-civic-hatch-cardboard-spoiler-stripes.jpg

The car originally would have come with seatbelts from the factory. However, most of the time these cars are restored the seatbelts are not installed back into them.

I can speak for the 71 Chevrolet models and the front seats came with seat belts, but not the back. I'm pretty sure it was an option. My old 71 Chevy came with lap belts and another set of belts (went across your shoulder) that folded over the doors. I was told by an officer after being pulled over that I technically did not have to wear my seatbelt in the car if I did not want to.

I believe this to be correct. I restored my 76' Vette and was told that because it just had lap belts I didn't have to put them back in the car. However, I've been told different things by different law enforcement officials. So, I really do not know what the official answer is. I never wear a seatbelt anyway, so it really didn't matter in the end. A lot of those vintage vehicles did have a lot of power, but really lacked in the speed department. A lot of their power was derived from the gear ratio in the rearend. My brother has a mid-90's camaro that would absolutely walk away from those muscle cars in anything over a quarter. The dangerous vintage vehicles are those made in the 60's. My wife has a 66' Mustang. The reason it's so dangerous is because it only has drum brakes. The distance to stop is considerably farther than those with disc brakes in the front.

The ss Chevelle came with front and rear lap belts as well as front wheel disc brakes. Depending on who restored or who he bought that car from, his problem could of been those stupid wheels he had on. If the brakes were original and he had 22 inch wheels on the thing it would be hard to stop with so much extra rolling around him. The stability of something like that coupled with the face that if the road was slick at all, or the extra height on the wheels make it ride tall with original or oem type shocks would explain he he was going fast at all how he could wipe out easy.