The two opponents for the National Championship Game.

The two best teams are playing, and I am looking forward to watching.

Should there be a playoff? Absolutely, but until that time, the best the system can do is match the best two teams.

Bama lost by 3 to the #1 team in OT. OSU lost to an unranked team at home.

That's exactly it. There is no way of telling who is better between OSU and Alabama because they haven't played. So you have to do the next best thing and look at their results this year. The perception is that the SEC is the best conference in the country (I would love to hear an argument for how it isn't.) and Alabama's only blemish of their season is a 3 point loss to the best team we've seen in years, #1 LSU. Oklahoma State lost in November to an unranked Iowa State team that will be playing in the New Era Pinstripe Bowl. It's unfair to Alabama to let the Cowboys play LSU instead of them because it would be "more fun to watch".

Bama got in because they play in the best division in college football and only fell to #1 LSU by 3 in OT. They didn't lose to an unranked Iowa State team late in the season when OSU had everything to play for. They beat every team they were favored against. They almost took down the best team we've seen in years. They deserve another shot at LSU more than OSU deserves a shot based on LSU based on what they've accomplished on the field. The BCS did it's job. If you think OSU deserves a shot, they you should be complaining about the system that's set up. The BCS did it's job. It paired the two best teams up in the final battle of the season.

I've heard around the internet that OSU fans are upset because they beat more ranked teams than Alabama and, for that reason, deserve a shot. While I don't necessarily agree with that, it doesn't really matter. They are basing their claim off of something that Alabama hasn't failed at. They could have won games against more ranked teams if they had more scheduled. We don't know. What we do know is how they played against the competition they faced. Alabama beat every team they were supposed to and almost knocked off one of the greatest teams we have seen in years all while putting up balanced numbers on both sides of the ball in a conference that has been the most dominant league in the country for the last 6 years. Oklahoma State on the other hand has given up 24 points in all but 3 games this year in a conference who's preseason favorite (OU) finished 4th behind KSU and Baylor. Anyone who claims OSU DESERVES it over Alabama and doesn't just want to watch a different match-up is ignorant.

• Fire 1

OSU lost to an unranked team at home.

Wrong. OSU lost on the road. Anyone will tell you sh#t happens on the road. Alabama lost at HOME. Do you know where the National Championship Game is at? New Orleans and you expect Alabama to beat LSU In New Orleans on LSU's turf essentially? lol the hypocrisy. Do I think OSU could beat LSU? sh#t happens on road games. Alabama gave it their best shot in their own house. I don't really see how much Alabama can done to change.

I wonder at what point the B10, Big 12, Pac-12, and ACC get to together and think...hmmm...this is kinda stupid that every year the SEC gets 1 guaranteed spot in the title game, and between us we get 1, provided of course the SEC doesn't also have a team that equals our best W/L, then they get 2.

That didn't take long

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7317611/interim-big-12-commissioner-chuck-neinas-pushes-plus-one-playoff-model

While I don't like the fact that bama is playing lsu in the championship game, I think they are the two best teams. OKS, Oregon, and Standford had their shots but they lost. Even if Boise State went undefeated though I don't think they would've gone to the championship game which is the sad thing.

Mills your writing War and Peace on me and it's as opinionated as the BCS. Yes I can say they are not the best division, for the most part they only played each other. I'm not interested in opinions but results. I said this in another thread, I'm from the Detroit suburbs, fan of the Red Wings. According to this magical thinking, you know, computers and experts, the Red Wings would have been voted(that sounds extra ridiculous in hockey context) into the Stanley Cup finals no less then 3 more times, because they said they were the best team. But guess what happened, they played the actual games and sometimes even got knocked out in the first round. That's reality and that is competition, you bring it or you don't and no one complains because the game was settled, the end.

If they truly want the best system then it should be up to the season to decide the champ. If the system were to be fair they would hand it to LSU right now. Beating Bama again proves nothing. Losing to them only says that Bama and LSU deserve a best 2 out of 3. Going 1-1 against you opponent and they get the crown is a farce. The real system would say there are no undefeated teams besides LSU. They win. No need for a title game. Play out the Bowls and let LSU take a crack at Indianapolis Colts to replace them as the 32nd NFL team :)

A playoff only makes it more convoluted. If you need a playoff to decide against a bunch of 1 loss teams then the only fair way to do it is all 1 loss teams have to be included. And what if you have 13 of them? There is no fair way to crown a champion each season. Anyone satisfied that the Giants beat the Patriots in the rematch when the Patriots were undefeated until they lost that super bowl?

I don't care if you like a playoff format. But stop insisting the BCS is broken but a playoff is not.

I was very satisfied when the Giants beat the Patriots.

Curious to hear what you think if there are 3 undefeated teams. Who wins the title then?

How would a plus 1 system fix your scenario?

If they truly want the best system then it should be up to the season to decide the champ. If the system were to be fair they would hand it to LSU right now. Beating Bama again proves nothing. Losing to them only says that Bama and LSU deserve a best 2 out of 3. Going 1-1 against you opponent and they get the crown is a farce. The real system would say there are no undefeated teams besides LSU. They win. No need for a title game. Play out the Bowls and let LSU take a crack at Indianapolis Colts to replace them as the 32nd NFL team :)

A playoff only makes it more convoluted. If you need a playoff to decide against a bunch of 1 loss teams then the only fair way to do it is all 1 loss teams have to be included. And what if you have 13 of them? There is no fair way to crown a champion each season. Anyone satisfied that the Giants beat the Patriots in the rematch when the Patriots were undefeated until they lost that super bowl?

I don't care if you like a playoff format. But stop insisting the BCS is broken but a playoff is not.

There is no perfect system, but BCS is not even a system it is absurd and ridiculous, you have computers, biased handful of voters and then it's a few guys in suits who's only interest is how much money a certain match up will make. This is a backroom deal farce that disrespects the Universities the game and the players who work their butts off.

Playoffs would be simple, major divisions get 2 in, minors get 1. Or just the winners. Any of that is better then a system where you don't even have to play nationally to win a NATIONAL championship. At best you play one national game, ridiculous. At least in the NFL you have to play the national gauntlet in the playoffs, the BCS and playoffs don't even compare in legitimacy.

Again people act as though a playoff is the perfect way to do it. It's broken too. Look at the NFL. Was it fair that last season the freaking seahawks made the postseason and knocked off the Saints? How many teams had superior records to the Seahawks but didn't get in because of the way the playoffs are set up? This is no different than the BigEast getting an auto BCS bid. There is no perfect system. I like the variety of the bowl games but they need to take votes out of the coaches hands for one thing....

Curious to hear what you think if there are 3 undefeated teams. Who wins the title then?

You answered my question with another question. I'm still waiting for an answer.

A playoff is probably the best way to fix things in all reality. There are currently 11 conferences in the FBS and 4 independents, it doesn't make for nice round numbers but essentially make each conference declare one lone champion and each conference champion is entered into the playoff. You could offer 2 of the independents a spot if they meet a certain record, but since they choose not to be in a conference they should not be allowed to have the Notre Dame rule. A few teams are going to have a bi, but you can fit it into the bowl schedule and even use some of the bowls as playoff games, BCS bowls could be semi finals or championship games something like that. And you can always create more bowls for teams that feel left out like they do already.

If they would just sit down to think about this stuff it's not too hard to figure it out keeping a lot of tradition intact and probably making everybody a ton of money again.

You answered my question with another question. I'm still waiting for an answer.

My point was neither system solves that problem. I've answered this SO many times on here but once more...who gets spot #4? Suppose spot #4 is given to a team that just creates an absolute nightmare matchup for the #1 seed? #1 matches up well with #2 and #3 and would beat either one most of the time but that #4 that snuck in wins it.

At least with the BCS system there would be 3 undefeated teams and two of them would square off...you would have an undefeated champ. In your playoff scenario that 1 loss #4 seed could run the table. To me the whole beauty of college football is the collective season. Not how you finish. Then the early games would not have the same meaning. I mean when the #1 team in the nation loses on week one it is devastating and that creates great fun for the season.

College Basketball bores me and then the tournament is slightly more interesting. NFL is most fun in the playoffs. College football is fun year round.