The two opponents for the National Championship Game.

That jackball announcer during the LSU game said something along the lines...

If LSU/Alabama play and Alabama wins... LSU should be voted #1 in AP poll so they get share of title because they each now have a win/loss against each other.

I'm sorry, but someone should just drill a hole in the side of that guys head...

I HATE all this, everyone should get a trophy BS. The whole point of the BCS was to create a championship game, in which the winner is the clear #1 and NC.

...BUT the SEC love fest has people actually thinking these sorts of things.

Agree. So not only can we have the circle jerk of 2 SEC teams playing each other for the championship, we can now just go ahead and crown 2 SEC teams as champs.

Need to go on a few carpet bombing runs down south.

We need playoffs ! Give it to Bama so LSU can lose and we have a champion who didn't win their conference and had a split with their opponent. How lame would that be.

f#*k playoffs.

Amen! Playoffs...pffftt.....so let's assume LSU beats Bama again...ok they've more than earned it right? I'd give LSU a share of the title if Bama beat them by 3-7 on a neutral field.

But say we had a playoff. You'd be forcing LSU to win 2 more games to prove they are the best. That's fair. Either give OSU a shot at em or just hand em the crown. Anyone think it's fair that Wisconsin is in the Rose Bowl despite 2 losses? If this were last season without the CCG (playoff game), Mich st would be on their way to Pasedena with one loss.

CCG's are a joke...a money making ploy...no different than a playoff. It's just to make more high profile games for more dollars. So people whining about a playoff creating the true champion and "fairness" don't realize that there never will be a perfect system. It's nothing but personal preference and Dbags like Dan Wetzel constantly bitch about playoffs and the BCS ALL DAMN SEASON AND OFFSEASON and use ONLY the convenient facts that support their arguments!

Jeez what a tirade...I'm done.

I just don't think you should be able to lose your last game of the year, and be crowned champ. The argument that Bama "had their chance" is ridiculous in my opinion. With one undefeated, you have to compare losses, and Bama has the best loss, easily....

If LSU/Alabama play and Alabama wins... LSU should be voted #1 in AP poll so they get share of title because they each now have a win/loss against each other.

I'm sorry, but someone should just drill a hole in the side of that guys head...

I HATE all this, everyone should get a trophy BS. The whole point of the BCS was to create a championship game, in which the winner is the clear #1 and NC.

Agree. So not only can we have the circle jerk of 2 SEC teams playing each other for the championship, we can now just go ahead and crown 2 SEC teams as champs.

We need playoffs ! Give it to Bama so LSU can lose and we have a champion who didn't win their conference and had a split with their opponent. How lame would that be.

f#*k playoffs.

Amen! Playoffs...pffftt.....so let's assume LSU beats Bama again...ok they've more than earned it right? I'd give LSU a share of the title if Bama beat them by 3-7 on a neutral field.

But say we had a playoff. You'd be forcing LSU to win 2 more games to prove they are the best. That's fair. Either give OSU a shot at em or just hand em the crown. Anyone think it's fair that Wisconsin is in the Rose Bowl despite 2 losses? If this were last season without the CCG (playoff game), Mich st would be on their way to Pasedena with one loss.

CCG's are a joke...a money making ploy...no different than a playoff. It's just to make more high profile games for more dollars. So people whining about a playoff creating the true champion and "fairness" don't realize that there never will be a perfect system. It's nothing but personal preference and Dbags like Dan Wetzel constantly bitch about playoffs and the BCS ALL DAMN SEASON AND OFFSEASON and use ONLY the convenient facts that support their arguments!

I just don't think you should be able to lose your last game of the year, and be crowned champ. The argument that Bama "had their chance" is ridiculous in my opinion. With one undefeated, you have to compare losses, and Bama has the best loss, easily....

Think of the implications. If Alabama gets a rematch who's to say later on it won't happen again. Then the pollsters won't even bother giving anyone else a chance cause the best teams are only in the SEC. that's what i am more worried about. 4 years ago Ohio St. and Michigan were #1 and #2. Michigan lost by 3 and only loss of the regular season. Why didn't Michigan get another shot at Ohio St. in the title game? the only loss they had was to #1 Ohio St.? but instead Florida got it. If you are going for quality losses then Michigan by far had the best quality loss.

I really strongly think that OSU needs to be in the national championship game because Bama had their chance already and lost.

However, if Bama does get in and wins it, then there had better be a share of the national title. It would only be fair because it is extremely hard for a team to beat another twice in one season.

It's only fair?! Where is that coming from? Of course it isn't fair. Its black and white. You win or you lose. You lost.... you don't get the National Championship. If the rematch happens and Alabama wins, the Alabama players should be told that the team they just beat deserves it just as much if not more than they do? Not attacking you HuskerShark, it's just this whole BCS chaos thing is really aggravating.

AP Poll is out. Though it's not used for the BCS but it's interesting to see 'Bama and OK St.

Last week, Bama got every second place vote had over a 0.1 on OK St. as far as BCS points would be. Now, they split the second place votes 38-22 ('Bama ahead) and they're virtually tied in BCS points.

OK St. will probably have to get slightly ahead of 'Bama in the two polls used becuse I doubt they'll get ahead of them in the computers but the AP poll shows it's a possibility.

f#*k playoffs.

Think of the implications. If Alabama gets a rematch who's to say later on it won't happen again. Then the pollsters won't even bother giving anyone else a chance cause the best teams are only in the SEC. that's what i am more worried about. 4 years ago Ohio St. and Michigan were #1 and #2. Michigan lost by 3 and only loss of the regular season. Why didn't Michigan get another shot at Ohio St. in the title game? the only loss they had was to #1 Ohio St.? but instead Florida got it. If you are going for quality losses then Michigan by far had the best quality loss.

Spot on..................

The farce that is the BCS becomes even more of a comedy if Bama is anointed and lobbied by the media for a rematch immediately after losing a few weeks ago..........................Why (in the name of Herm Edwards) do we even play the games..........??

Did anyone look at the link in the first post? It was interesting to see what this writer did. I know pure statistics can be misused to portray any issue in a different light but the writer used what I thought were some telling stats. He also took the emotion out of the decision by letting you see all the stats ....let you pick (using just team A<B<C etc), who you thought was the best choice to play LSU....then after you make the choice you click on another link that tells you the team you chose. See what you think. I was a bit surprized how it turned out.

Coaches' poll is out. OK St. up two spots to #3 and only 32 points behind Alabama which is about 0.02 BCS points.

OK St. probably has to sneak ahead of Bama in the Harris Poll because I don't think they'll climb ahead of them in the computers.

Looks like they might end up a couple hundreths of a point back.

f#*k playoffs.

Spot on..................

The farce that is the BCS becomes even more of a comedy if Bama is anointed and lobbied by the media for a rematch immediately after losing a few weeks ago..........................Why (in the name of Herm Edwards) do we even play the games..........??

I too agree with this, no wonder teams want to get into the SEC as long as the the sec has an undefeated team and a one loss team then they will both get to play for the NC, even if you can't beat the one top 10 team you played unlike OK State who beat 2 of them. This SEC love fest sucks.