The two opponents for the National Championship Game.

If they truly want the best system then it should be up to the season to decide the champ. If the system were to be fair they would hand it to LSU right now. Beating Bama again proves nothing. Losing to them only says that Bama and LSU deserve a best 2 out of 3. Going 1-1 against you opponent and they get the crown is a farce. The real system would say there are no undefeated teams besides LSU. They win. No need for a title game. Play out the Bowls and let LSU take a crack at Indianapolis Colts to replace them as the 32nd NFL team :)

A playoff only makes it more convoluted. If you need a playoff to decide against a bunch of 1 loss teams then the only fair way to do it is all 1 loss teams have to be included. And what if you have 13 of them? There is no fair way to crown a champion each season. Anyone satisfied that the Giants beat the Patriots in the rematch when the Patriots were undefeated until they lost that super bowl?

I don't care if you like a playoff format. But stop insisting the BCS is broken but a playoff is not.

If they truly want the best system then it should be up to the season to decide the champ. If the system were to be fair they would hand it to LSU right now. Beating Bama again proves nothing. Losing to them only says that Bama and LSU deserve a best 2 out of 3. Going 1-1 against you opponent and they get the crown is a farce. The real system would say there are no undefeated teams besides LSU. They win. No need for a title game. Play out the Bowls and let LSU take a crack at Indianapolis Colts to replace them as the 32nd NFL team :)

A playoff only makes it more convoluted. If you need a playoff to decide against a bunch of 1 loss teams then the only fair way to do it is all 1 loss teams have to be included. And what if you have 13 of them? There is no fair way to crown a champion each season. Anyone satisfied that the Giants beat the Patriots in the rematch when the Patriots were undefeated until they lost that super bowl?

I don't care if you like a playoff format. But stop insisting the BCS is broken but a playoff is not.

I was very satisfied when the Giants beat the Patriots.

Curious to hear what you think if there are 3 undefeated teams. Who wins the title then?

Well, I for one will be skipping watching the title game this year. Getting stuck with this rematch is BS. And what Pickens said about it being a closed system for the SEC certainly rings true.

If anyone thought there was a cry for a playoff or at least a plus 1 before, wait to hear the screams tomorrow. Conference presidents and conference commissioners will be among them now.

There is no perfect system, but BCS is not even a system it is absurd and ridiculous, you have computers, biased handful of voters and then it's a few guys in suits who's only interest is how much money a certain match up will make. This is a backroom deal farce that disrespects the Universities the game and the players who work their butts off.

Playoffs would be simple, major divisions get 2 in, minors get 1. Or just the winners. Any of that is better then a system where you don't even have to play nationally to win a NATIONAL championship. At best you play one national game, ridiculous. At least in the NFL you have to play the national gauntlet in the playoffs, the BCS and playoffs don't even compare in legitimacy.

• Fire 2

I wonder at what point the B10, Big 12, Pac-12, and ACC get to together and think...hmmm...this is kinda stupid that every year the SEC gets 1 guaranteed spot in the title game, and between us we get 1, provided of course the SEC doesn't also have a team that equals our best W/L, then they get 2.

It's not about what match-up would be the most fun to watch. That isn't fair to Alabama. They have the best resume of any team in the country besides LSU.

They are the #2 team in the country and the National Championship is between the two best teams in the country. Alabama is the second best team. It should be left up to what's happened on the field during the year instead of what the people want to see. Just because it didn't live up to the hype the first time doesn't automatically mean it won't be great this time around.

Your right, it may not be as fun and entertaining a match-up as Okie State, but I'd also like to see Stanford play against them too. If you argue for Okie State based on how great of a game it would be to watch, then you also could state a case for Stanford. Andrew Luck vs the LSU defense? The selection is and should be based on the resume of the teams in the country, regardless of what conference they play in. The results they have put up against the highest quality competition is the reason they got selected. It was the correct choice.

A playoff wouldn't bother me, but for the time being, they got it right and nobody should be bitching about OSU getting hosed. They lost to Iowa State. Alabama lost to LSU amidst a tougher overall schedule. Until there is another way to determining the champion, Cowboy supporters don't have an argument.

I think the loss to Iowa State overshadows what they accomplished. It's better play a tough schedule and only lose to #1 LSU than play a tougher schedule and only lose to unranked Iowa State. That's just the way it is. Like I just said, Alabama is undefeated if they don't play the #1 team in the country in the regular season. Okie State's only loss came to an Iowa State team that will be playing in the New Era Pinstripe bowl.

It's not about us. It's not about the fans, the media, or what anyone else wants to see. College players don't play the game to put on shows for people. They want to win and prove what team is better. They are the best two teams and they deserve to duke it out again.

Mills the thing is, yes college players do want to win, but cant even play a darn game. You say Alabama is better? Why because you and some others say so, that's an opinion not a fact. By that logic Northwestern should not even have bothered to play you as the general opinion is you are better, same with Michigan and Iowa and countless other games. Champions are made on the field not selected on opinions and computers. One should play their division and earn a right to play against the best nationally. Not by a hunch by a handful that says so, but because just like in their division they defeated the other divisions champions. Only then is a team a Champion, an actual National Champion.

I know you said you are not opposed to the playoffs so I got on the soapbox again a bit, but I don't see how our crystal balls can predict these games outcomes and who can beat who in the upper echelons. And seriously a National Championship that's only played in the South east? Sounds like the Baseball World Series, a world championship that's only played in two countries.

You can't punish the SEC for being the best conference. If the best teams are in the same division of the same conference, then so be it. It's obvious that the SEC West has as much talent in its top three teams as any other conference as a whole. I mean I understand that if you don't win your division it seems screwy that you get to play over a team that won it's conference. But I think if you're being honest with yourself and you look at the quality of competition in each conference, it's more impressive to be 2nd in the 2011 SEC West than win an inconsistent Big 12. This is obviously a rare scenario and doesn't happen very often, but I think they got it right.

Mills the thing is, yes college players do want to win, but cant even play a darn game. You say Alabama is better? Why because you and some others say so, that's an opinion not a fact. By that logic Northwestern should not even have bothered to play you as the general opinion is you are better, same with Michigan and Iowa and countless other games. Champions are made on the field not selected on opinions and computers. One should play their division and earn a right to play against the best nationally. Not by a hunch by a handful that says so, but because just like in their division they defeated the other divisions champions. Only then is a team a Champion, an actual National Champion.

1. You're right, it is an opinion. An opinion shared by me along with the majority of college football followers. Majorities are majorities for a reason.

2. I agree. Champions also don't lose to unranked teams in late November.

3. That handful follows college football closer than any of us. They know what they are talking about because many of them are either former players or coaches with more knowledge of the game than most of the fans with an opinion.

It doesn't matter what we want to watch. Not everything in the world of college football revolves around the fans and what game we want to see. The right to play for college football's ultimate honor is exactly that, an honor. Not a beauty pageant set up by people who want to watch contrasting offenses play against each other instead of the better team because they play great defense and aren't as flashy offensively.

1. Yea, Mills sure, the majority of followers, calling bull on that one, Ive just read my share of breakdowns on why they were not better then Oklahoma state. All pointless as games are decided on the field and not by listening to biased rhetoric, or biased voters or you and me. Otherwise it's speculation and fantasy.

2. Champions do lose in November in every sport, just not in college football, I don't even get that rationale.

3. Those same people made the most ridiculous rankings throughout the whole season(Houston was their crowning achievement) and since the major teams wont play each other they can continue to do so.

Also I'm not sure what wanting a certain team to be in the finals have anything to do with playoffs other then you could cheer for them, but most of the country wont get to cheer much for the "Championship", no excitement, no surprises,no overcoming multiple foes. Just an election brought about by a computer simulation.