Greetings from Carolina

I mentioned in my "Introduce yourself post" that I earned my undergrad from an SEC school, which I said "would remain unnamed"

Cacti figured it out pretty quick but I'll come out with it now. I actually graduated from the University of South Carolina and I'm a huge fan of my Alma Mater. This is not a joke. I really am a Gamecock.

You guys are fun and I enjoy posting here...even rooting for the Huskers when the game doesn't affect USC or UW but now I'm going to have to come out and say it.

GO GAMECOCKS!

Brace yourselves for some Black Magic Huskers.

And the black turd comes out of you finally. A gamecock, really. Thats like finding out the chick youve been hitting on at a party is really a man in disguise. Not cool man, not cool.

hahahaha :D this post reminds me of that new "Moves like Mick Jager" song. I swear that whole bit the "woman" sings is about her being a transvestite.

I've been a fan of the Gamecocks for years. Don't misunderstand, I was born and raised in Nebraska. No doubt who'll I root for. But, in 1984, I was a plebe at the US Naval Academy. If the Mids win, it's a good weekend for the plebes. If we lose, not so good. That weekend, Nebraska was gunning for a championship game, but lost to OU. South Carolina had the chance to make the run. Just had to beat Navy. Navy whooped 'em. So I have fond memories of South Carolina. I didn't get hazed at all that weekend.

Youve got to understand, Nebraska needs to beat South Carolina in the worst way. My boss is a Clemson fan and he always gives me crap about that NC game Clemson won. So if Nebraska beats South Carolina it will definately help my chances at getting a promotion i am going for at work. He might not like Nebraska but he hates South Carolina and if that works in my favor im going to exploit it. You should also root for South Carolina to lose for this reason also.

I'll be headed down to Orlando and I can't stress enough how excited I am, as is the rest of the Gamecock nation. I know Nebraska has a considerable amount of more football success that we do, but SC is going for their highest win total in history in a single season. Not to mention we've gotten 9 wins in our last 9 games vs UGA, UF, UT, and Clempson. Including an 11-1 record vs the East and 5-0 this season. I hope this is the 1st step to some more legitimate success. Anyway I've heard nothing but good things about the Nebraska faithful, both in their traveling numbers and the respect their fan base shows. I'm excited about this match-up. Ran into a few Husker fans in Jacksonville a couple of years ago on my way down to Tampa for the Outback bowl, I was sure to all wish them luck in their win vs Clemzen and sure enough they were happy to oblige.

Hi, Husker fans. I wanted to add my greetings to the thread and wish you guys an injury-free and hard-fought bowl game. I think it should be a good game with a bunch of rushing yards for both teams. Feel free to stop by Cockytalk.com and introduce yourselves. Most of the posters there are logical, intelligent human beings. Unfortunately there are a few posters on there that may be about 15 years old, but just ignore them and talk to the rational ones.

Good luck in Orlando!

Go 'c$%ks!

Youve got to understand, Nebraska needs to beat South Carolina in the worst way. My boss is a Clemson fan and he always gives me crap about that NC game Clemson won. So if Nebraska beats South Carolina it will definately help my chances at getting a promotion i am going for at work. He might not like Nebraska but he hates South Carolina and if that works in my favor im going to exploit it. You should also root for South Carolina to lose for this reason also.

Wait, your boss is a clemtech grad, ...I call BS, they haven't had anyone in a proven leadership position for years!!! j/k

Wait, your boss is a clemtech grad, ...I call BS, they haven't had anyone in a proven leadership position for years!!! j/k

Two words...Nikki Haley. But I guess you said "proven" leadership so yea...doesn't count...

Two words...Nikki Haley. But I guess you said "proven" leadership so yea...doesn't count...

Oh lord don't toss our shame out for the neighbors to see....Is she still trying to get all state employees to answer the phone with, "It's a great day in South Carolina."

Hey Guys,

I thought I'd drop by after getting the official news about the C1B. You guys are a great program and I think it should be a great game. Gamecock fans have always had a special place in their hearts for Omaha, well before these past two years. I look forward to chatting with you guys and for a hard nosed football game on the 2nd.

Is the Gamecock Gazette still around?

Welcome to the board! We look forward to talking about the game. It's nice to play against a team whose fans travel as well as we do! Of all the teams that come to Omaha for the College World Series, South Carolina fans are the best!

This will be a good game! Hopefully, both teams will play their hardest! May the best team win. Again, welcome!

That and LSU fans. Took my son to Stella's for a burger before a game last year and on the place was split with LSU and USC fans. A group always comes up from LA to see the games. Enjoyed both sides, great fans. Welcome aboard PalmenttoSon

I feel like HB is about to become the Belgium in a uSC/Clemson WWII.

You have no idea.

We have the fiercest across the board rivalry in the country hands down.

Interesting reading.

My favorite has to be "The Prank" of 1961. That is hilarious. Kind of reminds me of when I was in high school. My buddy and I were actual basketball officials, had the uniforms and everything, we would wear them to our HS's games with latex baldhead pullovers and blindmans canes. When there was a questionable call, we would wander out onto the court feeling our way with the canes and looking around like Stevie Wonder. The refs thought it was funny but our AD wasn't impressed.