NU/SC Game changers

I know someone had previously (maybe in another thread) that you have some trouble holding on to the ball? Regardless if true or not... Lavonte David, along with being the absolute animal that he is, has become great at doing this, especially when it needs to happen. He's done it several times this year, this clip, Iowa... I think maybe one or two more times?

What this doesn't really show is the Iowa TE pushing off on David which is why he is getting up. The penalty was declined. Straight playmaker

everybody needs to see this video

beware

This was another point I wanted to make. I mean, I haven't watched a whole lot of SC this year at all, so correct me if I'm wrong. But as for the hits/sacks you guys are posting, they all seem like the DL is going for bigs hits and/or just grabbing the runner by the jersey and flinging him around... Sorry, but that won't work with Rex. See 1:27 again for good measure.

I know someone had previously (maybe in another thread) that you have some trouble holding on to the ball? Regardless if true or not... Lavonte David, along with being the absolute animal that he is, has become great at doing this, especially when it needs to happen. He's done it several times this year, this clip, Iowa... I think maybe one or two more times?

What this doesn't really show is the Iowa TE pushing off on David which is why he is getting up. The penalty was declined. Straight playmaker

I don't think a penalty was called. That's what made the play unbelievable. He was interfered with, fpushed down and still made the tackle and stripped the football. AND recovered it on his own. Hell of a play!

If Ben Cotton is not 100% we are in BIG trouble as we will need his blocking....their DL is extremely athletic and our OL is not very nimble. We might get push but we won't be able to run wide at ALL IMO....again our best bet is for a low scoring game..

Oh boy, I couldn't possibly agree more. Hey, I love K. Reed's explosive play but the thought of him trying to take on an animal DE is scary as hell as I don't like watching our guys get beheaded. Not good news for our running game to say the very least.

I too really, really hope Ben will be ready.

I think this is a productive exercise. At least now, when we watch the games there will be names on the other side of the ball that we recognize. Here's who's been listed so far.

Nebraska

Offense

#22 Rex Burkhead - JR - RB

#18 Quincy Enunwa - SO - WR

#3 Taylor Martinez - SO - QB

#81 Ben Cotton - JR - TE

Defense

#15 Alfonzo Dennard - SR- Corner

#4 Lavonte David - SR - Linebacker

#46 Eric Martin - JR - DE

Special Teams

#8 Ameer Abdullah - FR - I back

#96 Brett Maher - JR - Kicker

South Carolina

Offense

#14 Connor Shaw - So - QB

#9 Ace Sanders- SO - WR/Returns

#1 Alshon Jeffery - JR WR

Defense

#6 Melvin Ingram - Sr - DE

#7 Jadaveon Clowney - FR - DE

#36 D.J. Swearinger - JR - SS

#5 Stephon Gilmore - JR - CB

#26 Antonio Allen - Sr - Spur (Hybrid SS/LB)

Whoever brought up the punter for NE makes a good point. Our kicking game has been a bit of a weakness, esp kickoffs. Just can't seem to get it deep enough.

I think this is a productive exercise. At least now, when we watch the games there will be names on the other side of the ball that we recognize. Here's who's been listed so far.

Nebraska

Offense

#22 Rex Burkhead - JR - RB

#18 Quincy Enunwa - SO - WR

#3 Taylor Martinez - SO - QB

#81 Ben Cotton - JR - TE

Defense

#15 Alfonzo Dennard - SR- Corner

#4 Lavonte David - SR - Linebacker

#46 Eric Martin - JR - DE

Special Teams

#8 Ameer Abdullah - FR - I back

#96 Brett Maher - JR - Kicker

South Carolina

Offense

#14 Connor Shaw - So - QB

#9 Ace Sanders- SO - WR/Returns

#1 Alshon Jeffery - JR WR

Defense

#6 Melvin Ingram - Sr - DE

#7 Jadaveon Clowney - FR - DE

#36 D.J. Swearinger - JR - SS

#5 Stephon Gilmore - JR - CB

#26 Antonio Allen - Sr - Spur (Hybrid SS/LB)

Whoever brought up the punter for NE makes a good point. Our kicking game has been a bit of a weakness, esp kickoffs. Just can't seem to get it deep enough.

.... That's what she said.

One guy I can't believe hasn't been mentioned yet is Bruce Ellington (#23 - SO - WR). He's a two sport star right now. He plays WR on the football team and is the starting Point Guard on the BB team. He played some QB in high school and SOS (spurrier) has done some direct snaps to him in the wildcock set. In that formation it's usually a run/pass option utilizing his speed.