coaching absence at practice

Ostrich* If you're going to troll, the least you could do is spell the damn words correctly

It makes me laugh when people reply simply to point out typing errors. Grammar policing at its best.

And because I think some of our coaching staff is Conf-USA caliber, I am a troll? Pump that sunshine! Why is it so hard for someone to be a fan, yet not be clouded by red colored glasses?

I think you raise some valid points FWIW

Sadly the teams we're trying to compete with in the league (Michican, Ohio State, Wisconsin) have strong & experienced staffs that keep getting stronger. We have a staff filled with inexperience at all positions, including head coach.

Bielema has 2 years on Bo, and took over a program in fine shape when Alvarez retired.

I'm not going to claim TO is a cheapskate, but I seriously doubt that Bo has a blank check to spend whatever he wants on staff. Right now the university has made huge commitments to facility upgrades and the fact is, we don't have pockets as deep as Michigan or tOSU to begin with.

Our assistants are very well compensated. Take Carl, he is barely getting a raise to be a head man. And hell, Bo is the top 3 or 4 in the Big 10 in pay. And last I saw, NU was in the top 10 in revenue. We have as deep pockets as we want to have.

Ostrich* If you're going to troll, the least you could do is spell the damn words correctly

It makes me laugh when people reply simply to point out typing errors. Grammar policing at its best.

And because I think some of our coaching staff is Conf-USA caliber, I am a troll? Pump that sunshine! Why is it so hard for someone to be a fan, yet not be clouded by red colored glasses?

Sadly the teams we're trying to compete with in the league (Michican, Ohio State, Wisconsin) have strong & experienced staffs that keep getting stronger. We have a staff filled with inexperience at all positions, including head coach.

Bielema has 2 years on Bo, and took over a program in fine shape when Alvarez retired.

I'm not going to claim TO is a cheapskate, but I seriously doubt that Bo has a blank check to spend whatever he wants on staff. Right now the university has made huge commitments to facility upgrades and the fact is, we don't have pockets as deep as Michigan or tOSU to begin with.

Our assistants are very well compensated. Take Carl, he is barely getting a raise to be a head man. And hell, Bo is the top 3 or 4 in the Big 10 in pay. And last I saw, NU was in the top 10 in revenue. We have as deep pockets as we want to have.

and as we all know........you get what you pay for.........results, not godamn potential!

and as we all know........you get what you pay for.........results, not godamn potential!

You don't always get what you pay for. Just ask Iowa...Or Texas...Or Florida...Or Mich with RichRod...

Paying more does not necessarily equal better performance. But it makes for a good reward for a job well done.

Mack Brown @ Texas has won a NC. A couple of years ago, they played for another. I would take them out of your example. Rich Rod is no longer employed at Michigan. Again, take him out of your example.

Why? Because it disproves your point? How much did Michigan pay for Rich Rod? How many years did he last there? I don't think they got what they paid for, do you?

You don't always get what you pay for. Just ask Iowa...Or Texas...Or Florida...Or Mich with RichRod...

Paying more does not necessarily equal better performance. But it makes for a good reward for a job well done.

the odds are better if you are not coach-shopping at Wal-Mart.

How do you think those coaches got to be experienced?

The question I have to ask is why did we hire inexperienced coaches in the first place? That is what the MAC/ lower level of CFB is for. At a school like NU, you shouldn't have to hire newbies and have to wait for them to "gain experience" on the job. NU is a destination job, not a stepping stone type of job where coaches are expected to leave if they have a few good years.

The question I have to ask is why did we hire inexperienced coaches in the first place? That is what the MAC/ lower level of CFB is for. At a school like NU, you shouldn't have to hire newbies and have to wait for them to "gain experience" on the job. NU is a destination job, not a stepping stone type of job where coaches are expected to leave if they have a few good years.

It is a destination job only in the eyes of the fans, not coaches. Our history, accomplishments and whatever else you want to add in do not make a difference in the way people think today.

• Fire 1

Carl gone, Cotton on his way out, Ganz and Els reported to be going with Carl, Brown may be leaving..... and some stating we wont be getting Zook, Stoops or Gill. Normally, I would be happy to see Cotton go..... but i am afraid of who Bo will hire. History tells us it will be a step back, which is scary to think about.

Does no one want to work with Bo? Is TO holding the purse strings too tightly? Why the hell cant we get a decent staff and keep it together?

You are basing alot on nothing. Carl being gone is the only legit thing about your post and the rest is being speculated without proof.

The staff Bo has put together so far cannot be judged after one year. It will take a couple

So, when I see smoke I should just cover my eyes and pretend everything is alight? Sorry, i am not an osterich.

No its better to throw sh!t at the wall & see what sticks. :sarcasm

Maybe if the coach only wants to remain an assistant coach forever. Eckler and Carl leaving are both good things, assistants getting coordinator or head jobs is never a bad thing.

How many years of coaching does it take to claim "experience"?

Carl gone, Cotton on his way out, Ganz and Els reported to be going with Carl, Brown may be leaving..... and some stating we wont be getting Zook, Stoops or Gill. Normally, I would be happy to see Cotton go..... but i am afraid of who Bo will hire. History tells us it will be a step back, which is scary to think about.

Does no one want to work with Bo? Is TO holding the purse strings too tightly? Why the hell cant we get a decent staff and keep it together?

You are basing alot on nothing. Carl being gone is the only legit thing about your post and the rest is being speculated without proof.

The staff Bo has put together so far cannot be judged after one year. It will take a couple

So, when I see smoke I should just cover my eyes and pretend everything is alight? Sorry, i am not an osterich.

No its better to throw sh!t at the wall & see what sticks. :sarcasm

I thought it was throw spaghetti against the wall and if it sticks it's done.