coaching absence at practice

Not intending to start rumors or any hypotheticals but there were a number of coaches absent at practice today other than bo and carl. Obviously some were recruiting. Bo was in Orlando etc....point is are any of them gone and we just don't know? Interesting to wonder. Bo said on sports nightly he plans to move quickly with the HIRES. PLURAL .....catches the attention. Could be an interesting week.

Well, I've seen/heard rumors that Brown (health) won't be returning, and that he almost didn't last year. That could be what he's referencing.

Also, throughout the season I've seen it implied that Cotton may not return as a coach and may take an administrative role. Never seen either confirmed though.

Sad to hear that Brown might be going. He is such a good coach. Can you share more about his health? He's pretty young still.

What I've seen implied by people who know more than I do is that it is his back/neck. I know he had surgery within the last year or two on one of them. I'd hate to see him go, but if it's the right decision for him he needs to do it. From what I've heard, he almost didn't come back last year because of it but was talked into it. With things like your health, you can never be too careful, and I've heard it's pretty chronic pain.

With as consistently correct as the person I heard it from is, I'd be very surprised to see him back next year.

The staff is out recruiting, this class needs catching-up on and we still have over three weeks til the bowl. . Brown may not be around a lot longer but he'll most likely be here another season anyway.

Ya, I don't see him leaving before the bowl game but never say never.

I just want to clarify, I'm just sharing what I've heard from someone who is USUALLY right about things like this. I don't have an inside source or anything.

Ya, Bo said in the interview that coaches were out on the road recruiting and the GAs were doing practice. Just gotta listen to the whole interview.

Also reported on sports nightly was word that practice got a little chippy per Hardrick. I LOVE hearing that!! Keep things on edge and competitive!! Thats how teams get better and stay motivated and focused.

The staff is out recruiting, this class needs catching-up on and we still have over three weeks til the bowl. . Brown may not be around a lot longer but he'll most likely be here another season anyway.

I just want to clarify, I'm just sharing what I've heard from someone who is USUALLY right about things like this. I don't have an inside source or anything.

Brown wasn't anywhere close to retiring last year. That rumor was crap. Brown has stated that and if I'm not mistaken one of the papers even debunked it last year.

Brown wasn't anywhere close to retiring last year. That rumor was crap. Brown has stated that and if I'm not mistaken one of the papers even debunked it last year.

I noticed that you didn't say anything about him leaving this year being crap. Am I trying too hard to read between the lines?

I see Coach Brown still leaving for work everyday. He shows no signs at all of slowing down. He still works out like a fiend everyday, and is probably in better shape than 90% of us, for what it is worth.

Only 90% ?? I think you don't know what sitting around reading message boards all day does to a body. Ha ha!