The "I'll be happy if..." Thread

Landomatic

Offense - Send Barney upstairs with Jamrog

Can you even BEGIN to imagine the EPIC Lego forts those two guys will make together? :D

Recruiting - Get the MUST have guys (Peat, Seisay and Zaire for example) and finish strong with the rest of the class. No throwaway scholarships.

I actually think we've done a good job of this since Bo's gotten here. Sure, there'll always be guys who just fall off and don't contribute (Levorson, Chris Williams, Wald/Rogers from Alabama... et. all), but it seems like the number of Tyson Hetzlers and Micah Kreikemeiers getting spots in our classes are thinning out. I don't even like using Micah as an example... he'd probably be contributing on special teams if it weren't for his knee troubles. Anyway, Cally's heralded 2005 class that flopped left a bad taste in my mouth, and we haven't really seen a miss of that magnitude under Bo.

I think you should be prepared for some disappointment. Just my opinion though.

With which one...or all 3?

No mainly the coaching changes and the recruiting class. As far as coaching changes I don't see Stoops coming and I especially don't see any position for Turner on this team. I don't see Bo hiring outside for the DC job. He will either take it or promote Papuchis in my opinion. I hope I am wrong because I would like to see someone else take it over. Not necessarily Stoops, but definitely someone with long time experience in coaching some high power, blitz happy defense.

As far as recruiting, with the move of Papuchis I don't know if we could find another strong recruiter as he is. He has done an excellent job and may not be able to focus as much effort with a new role. Maybe someone new comes in and dominates the recruiting effort but I have doubts. The reason for those doubts is because of the new move to the Big Ten, trying to establish new relationships just got harder. The Pelini's background in Ohio would have paid dividends for us until the hiring of Urban Meyer. I think he will have his choice of the top talent in that state. With Hoke at Michigan and Michigans tradition and history, he'll get top players from everywhere to be part of that offense. Oh and guess what? They know how to play defense now as well. Wisconsin is a rising star and from what I hear they are getting all kinds of attention from recruits and transferring players.

Lot's of challenges ahead for us. Especially when Nebraska just breaks that top 10 barrier, sneaks into the national spotlight then loses home games to Northwestern..........We keep doing things like that, and the rest of the world forgets what Nebraska is all about.........kids these days won't give Nebraska a second look.

If....this rash goes away with said ointment.

Seriously though.

Bo brings on a DC or another position coach to fill in a promoted coach on staff that HE WANTS. This is Bo's team and TO should just nod in approval to any move Bo wants/makes.

If NU is capable of running against the most athletic front four they will see this year. USC has one more "big time" star up front than MSU, as that was the closest thing to an SEC front they have seen. Give me that and a sure tackling defense and I WILL be happy no matter the result(sans a blowout).

Finally I am happy with the recruiting. The position NU is in with some of the big fish left on the board is very enticing. Peat, Fuller, QL, Seisay, Rios VV and Zo Moore will make people happy. A Diggs, Nance, or any others would be icing on the cake.

I'll be happy if.....

Coaching changes are minimal but prove to be changes for the better. I don't have to have a big name guy but I wouldn't be against it. The D & O lines would seem to need some help.

Bowl game we play a good and close to complete game. Would love to win it but would be happier with a really good effort even if we lose a close one.

Recruiting- don't care how the experts rank the class as long as most pan out and we aren't left wanting in certain positions in the very near future.

Very general, I know but all I need is for them to give their best effort and I feel the rest will take care of itself. I have faith in Bo but they need to start earning it on the field. No more Wiscy or Michigan debacles and I'll be really happy.

Haha...I just love it. 10,000 posters saying how horrible Barney is.

We bring in Stai & Garrison this year and our rushing numbers go "down" in game average and also ypc. Of course, this means Barney should be fired and Garrison & Stai promoted. Makes perfect sense to me.

I know it's possible our bowl game could up the averages a little. I really doubt it though......

2010 ...260 ypg.....5.5 ypc

2011....224 ypg.....4.8 ypc

GBR!!

We bring in Stai & Garrison this year and our rushing numbers go "down". Of course, this means Barney should be fired and Garrison & Stai promoted. Makes perfect sense to me.

I know it's possible our bowl game could up the averages a little. I really doubt it though......

2010 ...260 ypg

2011....224 ypg

GBR!!

Good point, but we've taken 14 less sacks this year so far. I actually attribute that more to Taylor being better at throwing the ball away or running it at the proper time, though.

We bring in Stai & Garrison this year and our rushing numbers go "down". Of course, this means Barney should be fired and Garrison & Stai promoted. Makes perfect sense to me.

2010 ...260 ypg

2011....224 ypg

GBR!!

Good point, but we've taken 14 less sacks this year so far. I actually attribute that more to Taylor being better at throwing the ball away or running it at the proper time, though.

My good friend, we've taken 14 less sacks this year and our rushing totals are "still" way down. What does that say about our road graders????