The "way too early" Preseason 2012 Heisman list

Excel

I thought you meant "unknown" as far as whether or not he'll declare for the NFL Draft considering your first statement...not unknown as far as national recognition...and as far as being the best in that sense? That's also debatable.

Coker, Marshall, Hillman, Randle, Pierce and Bernard all have claims to that.

They may have claims and I may be biased, but I would argue all day that Burkhead is a better running back and I take him over any of them everyday of the week.

I thought you meant "unknown" as far as whether or not he'll declare for the NFL Draft considering your first statement...not unknown as far as national recognition...and as far as being the best in that sense? That's also debatable.

They may have claims and I may be biased, but I would argue all day that Burkhead is a better running back and I take him over any of them everyday of the week.

Yeah that. Superman is far and away better than all of those mentioned by badgerfan.

We need to get a video of Rex highlights going viral on YouTube so the nation can get to know him.

Ok, we'll need a kitten, fat little boy, a baby, and Lady Gaga.

Just need a storyboard....

Don't forget the 10-story-tall billboard in Times Square.

:rollin

I think for for got to add " :sarcasm "

Heisman lists are always crap. Until later in the season I guess, when a couple guys have separated themselves from the pack...but even the Heisman finalists sometimes, are crap. Barkley getting the snub this year, for instance...

I can see Barkley as a front-line contender if he stays, though. I am not familiar with all these players, but Braxton Miller may be one to watch for the future. He impressed me a lot.

I think the reason we don't see Burkhead on that list is no one knows if he's coming back for his Senior season or not. He's the best "unknown" running back out there IMO.

Are there really rumblings that Burkhead won't return for his senior season? Honestly, I see no reason to suggest that he wouldn't. He doesn't seem like a guy that, at this point in time, would be picked high in the draft. I also just get that vibe from him that he's a four year guy.

Heisman lists are always crappy because the Heisman itself is crappy. Great players win it, no question, but not always the best player in college football.

While the best player in college football doesn't always win it, I do have to say that I believe the Heisman got it right this year. I didn't think RG3 had a snowballs chance in hades, but I was pleasantly surprised when he did. It almost seemed Luck or Richardson was going to be annointed the trophy regardless of what anyone else did.

I think the reason we don't see Burkhead on that list is no one knows if he's coming back for his Senior season or not. He's the best "unknown" running back out there IMO.

Are there really rumblings that Burkhead won't return for his senior season? Honestly, I see no reason to suggest that he wouldn't. He doesn't seem like a guy that, at this point in time, would be picked high in the draft. I also just get that vibe from him that he's a four year guy.

Heisman lists are always crappy because the Heisman itself is crappy. Great players win it, no question, but not always the best player in college football.

There are no rumblings, but it's always a safe assumption that until a guy says he's gonna stay for his Senior season..................that he'll bolt if the dollar figures are right. I hope he stays, right now I'd say he'd probably go 3rd round maybe late 2nd tops. One of the guys at work was arguing with me saying he'd go late 1st early 2nd. I don't think so at this point..................he has the talent he just isn't "known."

Yes, preseason Heisman lists are usually crap, yes it's way too early to even talk about them, and yes Scout is generally piss poor when it comes to predictions in general BUT they've done it anyhow

You must be expecting Ball to head to the NFL for sure eh?

And LaMichael James from Oregon?

and RG3

Yes and Yes, I'd love for RG3 to come back but whats the inside word on him?