Apparently Penn State talked to Bo about HC gig

Nexus

I think the truth is...we're up a sh#t creek if Bo leaves.

agreed. you would think people would have learned last time we fired a winning coach. but no, lets fire bo and then resort to our 5th option for head coach because no one in their right mind would want a job where you get fired for winning 9+ games. freakin idiots.

Who's wanting to fire Bo? This is about Bo's name being linked to other coaching searches.

And I think this is the 3rd time it has happened in a year. Sorry Bo. I'm not believing this "I didn't interview" crap anymore...... Too much smoke from different areas.

• Fire 1

Would you guys think less of Bo if this has any merit?

A lot of it for me would depend on who initiated contact or exactly how all that went down. If he just got a random call out of the blue I wouldn't care much...if my coach called them and tried to set up an interview I might be a little concerned.

I interviewed Bo to shovel snow for me this Winter. He's currently in my top 3...may get a call back.

Now what is that tat that your head coach has again? :)

Bielema is currently on salt detail, I don't trust him with a shovel quite yet. Hey cut me a break, I'm still building my team.

Would you guys think less of Bo if this has any merit? A lot of it for me would depend on who initiated contact or exactly how all that went down. If he just got a random call out of the blue I wouldn't care much...if my coach called them and tried to set up an interview I might be a little concerned.

When i first read your question I thought,"Depends who contacted who." Just like you stated. If they are contacting Bo, fine then. That's part of the business and being a successful coach. If Bo is the one putting out the feelers or testing the waters at these places then I can't trust him. But we will probably never know the truth.

My theory, not that you asked but I'll tell you anyway, is that Bo realizes it will be a fish bowl where ever he is. I don't think the fan or media scrutiny effects him in that part. I do think that he's finding it more difficult to recruit the type of player he needs to Nebraska. Not that he doesn't mind the work but as we all know it is much more difficult to get the top athletes to Nebraska. Therefore, he just tests the waters at these other programs where recruiting would be much easier, just in case something works out. I think he realizes what kind of job he has here but will always listen to something from a place that would be easier to get athletes to. Just my 2 cents.

I've got no problem with Bo speaking with other schools.

First, it's just something that is done in the business world. It doesn't mean you don't like your job, you want to quit or you're afraid of being fired. Many times it's simply a networking/experience building exercise.

Coaching is all about who you know...and just because you have a job today, doesn't mean you will a few years from now.

On top of that, the more ADs Bo knows... the more coaches jobs he has connections to should he want to help out one of his assistants.

So, if Bo is out talking with ADs... building up his own HC credibility within the AD community, he's doing it to better himself and put himself in the position to help those around him.

I'm the glass half full fan, and I'll assume the best in these type of scenarios.

There is certainly to glass half empty view of this, that Bo speaking with other ADs is him trying to get a better job and ditch NU - but that's just too cynical a view for me.

• Fire 1

Would you guys think less of Bo if this has any merit?

A lot of it for me would depend on who initiated contact or exactly how all that went down. If he just got a random call out of the blue I wouldn't care much...if my coach called them and tried to set up an interview I might be a little concerned.

Put it this way, if Bo is unhappy at Nebraska, then by all means he should look elsewhere. I don't mean that as disrespect, because I like Bo. Always have.

I asked Bo, in light of these reports, if he would like to make a comment to affirm his commitment to Neb. He wouldn't go there. #huskers

LINK

That right there is why Twitter should not be used by respectable journalists for reporting on important news. You just can't get the full story/content into a single tweet.

Of course Bo wouldn't affirm his commitment to NU within the context of rumors being reported that he feels isn't newsworthy.

But you could read that tweet after hearing rumors about Bo interviewing at Penn St and wrongly conclude Bo is out the door.

I think the truth is...we're up a sh#t creek if Bo leaves.

agreed. you would think people would have learned last time we fired a winning coach. but no, lets fire bo and then resort to our 5th option for head coach because no one in their right mind would want a job where you get fired for winning 9+ games. freakin idiots.

Who's wanting to fire Bo? This is about Bo's name being linked to other coaching searches.

And I think this is the 3rd time it has happened in a year. Sorry Bo. I'm not believing this "I didn't interview" crap anymore...... Too much smoke from different areas.

there are more people calling for bos head than you think, even a few boosters. the point of my post was that if he is looking around, it likely has a lot to do with those very people calling for his head.

I don't have a problem with Bo sniffing around. However, I do have a huge problem with him sniffing around and then lying about it. I'm not saying that this is the case, but it's kind of like Urban Meyer saying he's had no contact and then like three days later signing a big contract. I doubt it would have been in a Penn State paper unless it happened. I wonder how many great Texas recruits he got while in Pennsylvania?