Apparently Penn State talked to Bo about HC gig

Nexus

Wisconsin wants to be Nebraska. Just ask Barry Alvarez what blueprint he photocopied when he took the job at 'nobody cares about U' back in the day. They are our little brothers, be proud that we modeled the path to success so well for them. This year is their "golden" generation. Enough said.

Wisconsin - aka the Missouri of the B1G.

That might be overstating it a little bit.... I think that Alvarez came from a program that was well-rounded, and did things the right way. He saw it as a model of success, and he used that knowledge when building their program. Wisconsin is it's own program, and a step above Missouri for sure....

Emotionless, logic-based statements that don't flame the troll from Madison aren't what this thread needs!? :P

I can either be a troll or your friendly neighborhood Badgerfan. It's all up to you...

RDRN8TheChoiceIsYoursDontBlowIt.jpg

Anyone on here thinking that Wisconsin is not the superior program right now is on crack. We have history on them, and my guess will again next year.

But they have been playing big boy ball the last ten years, we have been trying desperately to win a CCG to no avail. They have a very good basketball program, we have Doc. We fell out of this race years ago. Put down the Husker glasses and see the real picture. Today the Badgers are the Big Ten Champions, last years Big Ten Champions and have played in several BCS games. My guess is that will continue to be the norm from now on. We will fight our way back and give them a run for the money I think.

They have Scoreboard on us in every single way, but living in the past. I am damned tired of it, it means nothing. Today and tomorrow are what is important.

Give Credit where it is due.

We just need to kick their butts next year, but until then, stand up, take it like a man. Hail the Badger!!!!!

Anyone on here thinking that Wisconsin is not the superior program right now is on crack. We have history on them, and my guess will again next year.

But they have been playing big boy ball the last ten years, we have been trying desperately to win a CCG to no avail. They have a very good basketball program, we have Doc. We fell out of this race years ago. Put down the Husker glasses and see the real picture. Today the Badgers are the Big Ten Champions, last years Big Ten Champions and have played in several BCS games. My guess is that will continue to be the norm from now on. We will fight our way back and give them a run for the money I think.

They have Scoreboard on us in every single way, but living in the past. I am damned tired of it, it means nothing. Today and tomorrow are what is important.

We just need to kick their butts next year, but until then, stand up, take it like a man. Hail the Badger!!!!!

They are a better football program right now, but I think we will do more then "give them a run for their money" in the future.... Big-Time programs always come back around, and Nebraska will be no different. OU was down in the 90's, they have returned this last decade.... Alabama fell off for awhile at the turn of the century, Ohio St. disappeared for years, they are back, USC fell off in the late 90's, and turned into a dynasty for the last decade....Nebraska will come back, and although Wisconsin has made strides, in the long run Nebraska will come out on top in the big picture more often.... in football that is....

• Fire 2

He said "Far Superior." How exactly does making it to a BCS game and losing it while we we came within one play of being in 2 consecutive BCS games make them far superior? Are their results better this decade? Sure, but not by as much as he is IMPLYING. Give it 5 years being in the same conference and then make that claim. You're comparing apples and oranges. The only team that can legitimately claim that they are far superior than us in the Big 10 is Ohio State and that seems to be fading at the moment.

And for the record Badger fan, I don't live in Wisconsin anymore and had no problem with the Big 12 other than Texas. Bring Texas to the Big 10 and I'll want to leave this conference too. They are a disease.

• Fire 1

I think they have established themselves. I think it is going to be a much tougher battle than most think. Most on here at the beginning of the year had us running through the Big Ten, as we have seen that was a lot tougher than most thought it would be.

The fact that they have a powerful basketball program, proves that they are for real in developing a strong athletic department.

I did not say they were far superior, I said currently they have scoreboard on us. In reality that is all that matters. Woulda Coulda shoulda means absolutely nothing to me. Close is for horseshoes and hand grenades, we are comparing neither.

I think we will be competitive with the Badgers, but we have real problems with the BIG BOYS of the conference and those are the two that have always been the big boys. Wisconsin will to I am afraid. We may witness a couple of years doing well, but I think we are going to start falling behind Ohio State and Michigan and it will be a big jump between us. I hate to say that, but they have established recruiting areas that they control with a heavy hand. It is going to be tough no question.

Wisconsin has made inroads into those recruiting areas and has locked up the state of Wisconsin it seems. We will have to depend on California and Texas, and if we are not winning regularly those may just dry up.

I think winning this conference for Nebraska in the long run is going to be much tougher than the possibilities of winning the Big 12.

But that is why we play the games.

He said "Far Superior." How exactly does making it to a BCS game and losing it while we we came within one play of being in 2 consecutive BCS games make them far superior? Are their results better this decade? Sure, but not by as much as he is IMPLYING. Give it 5 years being in the same conference and then make that claim. You're comparing apples and oranges. The only team that can legitimately claim that they are far superior than us in the Big 10 is Ohio State and that seems to be fading at the moment.

And for the record Badger fan, I don't live in Wisconsin anymore and had no problem with the Big 12 other than Texas. Bring Texas to the Big 10 and I'll want to leave this conference too. They are a disease.

All I can tell you is to look at who I was talking to and the context in which my post was made. Maybe then you'll understand where I was coming from.

I think they have established themselves. I think it is going to be a much tougher battle than most think. Most on here at the beginning of the year had us running through the Big Ten, as we have seen that was a lot tougher than most thought it would be.

The fact that they have a powerful basketball program, proves that they are for real in developing a strong athletic department.

I did not say they were far superior, I said currently they have scoreboard on us. In reality that is all that matters. Woulda Coulda shoulda means absolutely nothing to me. Close is for horseshoes and hand grenades, we are comparing neither.

I think we will be competitive with the Badgers, but we have real problems with the BIG BOYS of the conference and those are the two that have always been the big boys. Wisconsin will to I am afraid. We may witness a couple of years doing well, but I think we are going to start falling behind Ohio State and Michigan and it will be a big jump between us. I hate to say that, but they have established recruiting areas that they control with a heavy hand. It is going to be tough no question.

Wisconsin has made inroads into those recruiting areas and has locked up the state of Wisconsin it seems. We will have to depend on California and Texas, and if we are not winning regularly those may just dry up.

I think winning this conference for Nebraska in the long run is going to be much tougher than the possibilities of winning the Big 12.

Sadly I think you're right, but hopefully it's just a small jump between us.

All I can tell you is to look at who I was talking to and the context in which my post was made. Maybe then you'll understand where I was coming from.

Very well. You shouldn't try to out-troll a troll. It's like crossing the streams Egon.

• Fire 1

Sadly I think you're right, but hopefully it's just a small jump between us.

I think the last 10 years of mediocrity have caused some of us in Husker Nation to forget exactly where this program stands in CFB History. Nebraska is a pillar in this game, and in my mind, there is little doubt that the Huskers will eventually return to the elite, and win a championship(s).... I am not an arrogant Husker fan, but I do know where I school stands in the CFB world....

Rock,

I totally disagree, if so Army, Harvard, Notre Dame and others would still be relevant. History is for the fans of the program.

I agree we will always get the kids that have ties to Nebraska, but Nebraska is not a huge recruiting jugernaut by any means. We were able to lock up home town kids to play the line, keep them 5 years and then let them play their senior year. Those days are gone, or if on their way back at a very slow pace.

The kids we are recruiting were 3 years old when we were relevant, they really know nothing about Nebraska. I know everyone we recruit says it was important, again what else would they say. Most have no knowledge of the offense Nebraska ran, or really how succesful we were with it.

Meyers is going to be hard to beat if he is succesful this year, Hoak looks like the real deal, he gets it and has proven very sucessful at prior gigs. Those two carry history and tradition at a current level. Most of the lives of the kids they recruit it was one or the other and loyalties develop at very young ages, for one or the other. Very seldom does a top athlete in Ohio or Michigan leave the state unless it is to the opposite state.

Meyers is dynamic, just look at what he has done since arrival, a little unfair but never the less he is loading the truck with prime goods and taking it to Columbus.

I truly hope you are right and the history and tradition still plays a part, but ours is ancient to a young kid, we have not won a major game in many many years. That is the history for a 18 year old kid. With the attitude of what did you do for me lately and show me the money, we are down the list I am afraid.

That does not mean we will not be a good football team, winning CCG once every 5-6 years, but MNC games are going to be very rare I think. I can live with that, the question is can most Nebraska fans live with it. Not likely.

Rock,

I totally disagree, if so Army, Harvard, Notre Dame and others would still be relevant. History is for the fans of the program.

I agree we will always get the kids that have ties to Nebraska, but Nebraska is not a huge recruiting jugernaut by any means. We were able to lock up home town kids to play the line, keep them 5 years and then let them play their senior year. Those days are gone, or if on their way back at a very slow pace.

The kids we are recruiting were 3 years old when we were relevant, they really know nothing about Nebraska. I know everyone we recruit says it was important, again what else would they say. Most have no knowledge of the offense Nebraska ran, or really how succesful we were with it.

Meyers is going to be hard to beat if he is succesful this year, Hoak looks like the real deal, he gets it and has proven very sucessful at prior gigs. Those two carry history and tradition at a current level. Most of the lives of the kids they recruit it was one or the other and loyalties develop at very young ages, for one or the other. Very seldom does a top athlete in Ohio or Michigan leave the state unless it is to the opposite state.

Meyers is dynamic, just look at what he has done since arrival, a little unfair but never the less he is loading the truck with prime goods and taking it to Columbus.

I truly hope you are right and the history and tradition still plays a part, but ours is ancient to a young kid, we have not won a major game in many many years. That is the history for a 18 year old kid. With the attitude of what did you do for me lately and show me the money, we are down the list I am afraid.

That does not mean we will not be a good football team, winning CCG once every 5-6 years, but MNC games are going to be very rare I think. I can live with that, the question is can most Nebraska fans live with it. Not likely.

Rock,

I understand your point of view, and I am not saying that you're wrong, but because WE care so much about the program, that shows to the current kids these days. WE make us relevent, WE remind them of our glory.... There are also alot of great things about Nebraska that have nothing to do with what we did 15 years ago.... The facilities are top of the line, Memorial Stadium is great (and getting better), and the biggest thing to me is the meaning of the team to the state. Kids these days love to be noticed, and glorified....In this state, as a Husker, they get that....

Nobody loves their football team like the people of Nebraska.... I could handle a rare National Championship, because I don't expect us to win 3 of 4 again, but I do expect us to compete for them on a regualr basis... Under Pelini, I think that we will contend for them.... When you are Nebraska, the rebound isn't going to happen as fast as it did for Bama, USC, and schools like that... But I really do believe it will happen for us....

Rock,

The kids we are recruiting were 3 years old when we were relevant, they really know nothing about Nebraska. I know everyone we recruit says it was important, again what else would they say. Most have no knowledge of the offense

Nebraska ran, or really how succesful we were with it.

I truly hope you are right and the history and tradition still plays a part, but ours is ancient to a young kid, we have not won

a major game in many many years. That is the history for a 18 year old kid. With the attitude of what did you do for me lately and show me the money, we are down the list I am afraid.

Rock,

Meyers is going to be hard to beat if he is succesful this year, Hoak looks like the real deal, he gets it and has proven very sucessful at prior gigs. Those two carry history and tradition at a current level. Most of the lives of the kids they recruit it was one or the other and loyalties develop at very young ages, for one or the other. Very seldom does a top athlete

in Ohio or Michigan leave the state unless it is to the opposite state.

I understand your point of view, and I am not saying that you're wrong, but because WE care so much about the program,

that shows to the current kids these days. WE make us relevent, WE remind them of our glory.... There are also alot of great things about Nebraska that have nothing to do with what we did 15 years ago.... The facilities are top of the line, Memorial Stadium is great (and getting better), and the biggest thing to me is the meaning of the team to the state. Kids these days love to be noticed, and glorified....In this state, as a Husker, they get that....

Nobody loves their football team like the people of Nebraska.... I could handle a rare National Championship, because I don't expect us to win 3 of 4 again, but I do expect us to compete for them on a regualr basis... Under Pelini, I think that we will contend for them.... When you are Nebraska, the rebound isn't going to happen as fast as it did for Bama, USC, and

schools like that... But I really do believe it will happen for us....

History helps, but money helps more. That, ultimately will be what gets NU there. Fortunately, we aren't lacking in that dept.