New DC announced: John Papuchis; new DL coach Rick Kaczenski

hskerholic

Lols.

Do you guys think Papuchis will actually be calling any plays in the near future? If so I have one thing to say.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Papuchis was promoted and put in a token position. He has the title but he won't actually run the defense. Bo will be doing that.

The DL coach hire wasn't a bad hire. They have put out some very good lineman in the last few years.

It's amazing how little knowledge some people have. Quit freaking out.

Lols.

Do you guys think Papuchis will actually be calling any plays in the near future? If so I have one thing to say.

Papuchis was promoted and put in a token position. He has the title but he won't actually run the defense. Bo will be doing that.

The DL coach hire wasn't a bad hire. They have put out some very good lineman in the last few years.

really? then i guess we pissed away a lot of money making JP the DC? we could have used those funds to buy our players more ipods, damn, what a waste! darn DC's, all token positions!......no wonder Carl left.....

Lols.

really? then i guess we pissed away a lot of money making JP the DC? we could have used those funds to buy our players more ipods, damn, what a waste! darn DC's, all token positions!......no wonder Carl left.....

In all honesty, I don't think JP will be running the defense all that much in his first year as he "learns on the job". I think it'll be a slow progression until he takes full responsibility of the defense.

Lols.

In all honesty, I don't think JP will be running the defense all that much in his first year as he "learns on the job". I think it'll be a slow progression until he takes full responsibility of the defense.

Exactly. Do you really think Bo is going to let JP call any plays on the defensive side? Not likely for a few years. Im pretty sure Carl called the plays this year, and Bo learned better than to let that happen again.

Lols.

Exactly. Do you really think Bo is going to let JP call any plays on the defensive side? Not likely for a few years. Im pretty sure Carl called the plays this year, and Bo learned better than to let that happen again.

wow, do we know all this for a fact? we all have opinions, that is all we have....no one here knows for sure what the hell happned this past season...let's just say everyone has a theory, OK?

Lols.

wow, do we know all this for a fact? we all have opinions, that is all we have....no one here knows for sure what the hell happned this past season...let's just say everyone has a theory, OK?

Well, see, I don't subscribe to the koolaid of the normal pessimistic Husker fan, so I apologize.

:ahhhhhhhh

I posted last night about my remorse over hiring another "Youngstown" coach. It's not that a good coach can't or hasn't come from that city for plenty have. To me it shows the limited number of connections Bo has if he only feels comfortable hiring guys he grew up with or knows through his high school. These hires would be great if he was coaching in high school or maybe even Youngstown State. While we shouldn't hire a coach based on what others will think, by the same token recruits need a "buy in factor" when they are contacted and after they sign an LOI.

One thing Solich did when he was looking for a D coordinator was beat the bushes and step out of his comfort zone. It would have been easy to hire someone with Husker connections but he went another route.

Are you talking about JP being from 'Youngstown' (which he isn't-he's from Maryland. His connection to Bo is from their LSU days) or Coach Kaz?

Lols.

From what I've read, JP was a GA at LSU when Bo was there the entire time, so why would JP have to 'learn the plays'. He has been with Bo for 7 years. Bo hand picked him to come to NU when he came here for the HC position. I think JP probably already knows an awful lot about how Bo coaches the defense. It wouldn't surprise me if Bo lets him call some of the plays.

Lols.

That's what I was thinking when I read your post. No offense but, what do you know about John Papuchis?

Lols.

That's what I was thinking when I read your post. No offense but, what do you know about John Papuchis?

I understand JP has been around Bo since LSU but that doesn't mean Bo is going to allow JP to start calling the plays the first year into the job. Carl Pelini seemed to do a fine job of that didn't he?

Lols.

I understand JP has been around Bo since LSU but that doesn't mean Bo is going to allow JP to start calling the plays the first year into the job. Carl Pelini seemed to do a fine job of that didn't he?

No

Lols.

No

Point Proven.

Nexus,

In honesty what do you expect them to say?

someone made the exact comment that needs to be addressed in my mind. " Bo may even let him call some of the plays". When in reality the DC at Nebraska should be calling all of the plays, the OC should be calling the offensive plays. My guess is Bo will be trying to do both pretty much all the time. That is a lot of work, and a lot of responsiblity, rather than over seeing the operation. Vision from a short distance is not quite as good as when you step back and look at it. Able to see the whole thing.

It is obvious Bo thinks highly of our new coaches. But I would like to see him grow as a head coach the next couple of years, not spending all his time training new people.

Nexus,

In honesty what do you expect them to say?

someone made the exact comment that needs to be addressed in my mind. " Bo may even let him call some of the plays". When in reality the DC at Nebraska should be calling all of the plays, the OC should be calling the offensive plays. My guess is Bo will be trying to do both pretty much all the time. That is a lot of work, and a lot of responsiblity, rather than over seeing the operation. Vision from a short distance is not quite as good as when you step back and look at it. Able to see the whole thing.

It is obvious Bo thinks highly of our new coaches. But I would like to see him grow as a head coach the next couple of years, not spending all his time training new people.

See next message below. Technical difficulties.