0-10 Big Ten bowl record

WoodyHayes1951

@ Badgerfan:

Didn't Wisconsin play in the Champs Sports Bowl a few years ago and the grass was really crappy and it got ripped up really bad before the Cap One Bowl?

@ Badgerfan:

Didn't Wisconsin play in the Champs Sports Bowl a few years ago and the grass was really crappy and it got ripped up really bad before the Cap One Bowl?

Yep, that stadium is absolute poop. Look at photos of it before and after games. It looks like something that belongs in Tito-era Yugoslavia.

Well they have artificial turf now, so maybe it won't be so bad. I didn't realize it had a waterfront or whatever until I was looking at pictures of it today.

Purdue already won, but here are the results that I see from the rest of the bowl games from my own perspective:

Oklahoma over Iowa

Texas A&M over Northwestern

Illinois over UCLA

Penn State over Houston

Ohio State over Florida BIG

Georgia over Michigan St

Nebraska over SC (fingers crossed)

Oregon over Wisconsin (sorry Badgerfan, just a lot of speed)

Michigan over VaTech BIG

soooo if these games play out like I think they will, it looks like the B1G goes 6-4 in bowl games. Not bad, but I think the more important thing than the overall bowl record is going to be how Nebraska, Michigan State, and Ohio State play vs. the SEC. Winning 2 or 3 of these games would mean HUGE things in terms of national perspective of the B1G. Icing on the cake would be Wisconsin beating Oregon, but I'm not sure if it is a good matchup for Wisconsin.

Oklahoma over Iowa (biggest mismatch of the bowl season)

Northwestern over Texas A&M (maybe. MAYBE)

Illinois over UCLA (too close to call)

Penn State over Houston (people will be surprised at this)

Ohio State over Florida (Current Urban beats former Urban)

Michigan St over Georgia (GA offense won't be able to move the ball)

Nebraska over South Caroliny (new nightmares for Steve Spurtier)

Oregon over Wisconsin (Wiscy could pull it out. I wouldn't bet the farm on it though.)

Michigan over VaTech (VaTech is waay over-rated)

Purdue already won, but here are the results that I see from the rest of the bowl games from my own perspective:

Oklahoma over Iowa

Texas A&M over Northwestern

Illinois over UCLA

Penn State over Houston

Ohio State over Florida BIG

Georgia over Michigan St

Nebraska over SC (fingers crossed)

Oregon over Wisconsin (sorry Badgerfan, just a lot of speed)

Michigan over VaTech BIG

soooo if these games play out like I think they will, it looks like the B1G goes 6-4 in bowl games. Not bad, but I think the more important thing than the overall bowl record is going to be how Nebraska, Michigan State, and Ohio State play vs. the SEC. Winning 2 or 3 of these games would mean HUGE things in terms of national perspective of the B1G. Icing on the cake would be Wisconsin beating Oregon, but I'm not sure if it is a good matchup for Wisconsin.

I agree with this...its pretty much how I see it panning out, except for the Cap One. I'm not expecting to win the Rose Bowl, it'd be great but I just don't see it happening.

Oregon over Wisconsin (Wiscy could pull it out. I wouldn't bet the farm on it though.)

haha look at you, Mr. Optimistic. I wouldn't expect Michigan State to win vs Georgia, but it would sure make the B1G look good if we swept the 3 games vs the SEC. Can't wait to see the excuses from the SEC fan base pour out if it happens.

Iowa's up next, and they have a tough one.

How in the world does Iowa (unranked all season; 7th best team in the B1G) get paired with Oklahoma (top 10 team all year, 3rd best in B12)?

Is it just me or does the B1G seemed to get very unfavorable matchups every year, struggles in bow games and then the media bashes the B1G.

I remember in years past, B1G played very tough 1-loss USC teams (who should have been in NCG) in LA while SEC teams got to play the likes of Hawaii, Utah, Cincy in BCS games.

Don't forget, normally the other team has a home game.

haha look at you, Mr. Optimistic. I wouldn't expect Michigan State to win vs Georgia, but it would sure make the B1G look good if we swept the 3 games vs the SEC. Can't wait to see the excuses from the SEC fan base pour out if it happens.

Ha ha! Yeah, my glass is half full. Of bourbon.

I'm not quite this optimistic with my Bowl Pickem' pool sheet.

They won the MNC. Granted OSU wasn't given the opportunity but that is water under the bridge.

They won the MNC. Granted OSU wasn't given the opportunity but that is water under the bridge.

No, that's not what I meant. I'm just saying that the SEC has gotten a big head recently with success that they have had against the B1G in bowl games. I would just love for the B1G to become the premier conference and knock the SEC off of their pedestal, starting with the 3 SEC-B1G matchups that we have this year in the bowl games.

@ Badgerfan:

@ Badgerfan:

Yep, that stadium is absolute poop. Look at photos of it before and after games. It looks like something that belongs in Tito-era Yugoslavia.

First time I ever heard Tito in a football context, congrats on pulling that obscure reference out of your rear.

There won't be any excuses. Ask any SEC fan when the SEC became the toughest conference to play in. They will all say 2006 when Florida beat Ohio State.

The SEC was 1-4 against the Big10 that season.

No, that's not what I meant. I'm just saying that the SEC has gotten a big head recently with success that they have had against the B1G in bowl games. I would just love for the B1G to become the premier conference and knock the SEC off of their pedestal, starting with the 3 SEC-B1G matchups that we have this year in the bowl games.

That's the thing. Other than last year, either the B1G has dominated, or it's basically been tied.

Illinois vs. UCLA up next!

I see the game as a coin-flip, at best. A devasted Illinois team that lost a HC after starting the season 6-0 and than couldn't finish games while playing a UCLA team that lost its HC after having high pre-season expectations, but still managed to make the PAC-12 title game at 6-6.

Going to come down to who wants to be in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl more.