What did we learn??

We learned that our coaches do not like to substitute. Anyone else wonder what the outcome of the game would've been had we replaced Yoshi with someone else the first time he got a false start call?

If a player isn't having a good day then replace him. I would like to see more 'team'. If a guy isn't doing well, take him out and replace him with a fresh player. It doesn't mean that the former player is bad, he's just not playing well on that particular game. I think we might have some really good players that never get a chance to play. The coaches saw something special about them when they originally recruited them, why not give them a chance?

5. Our OL is very young and undisciplined

Three seniors, a junior and a soph is "young"? Undisciplined definitely applied to Yoshii today and not very good still applies overall but not young. Despite T. Moore getting abused on one play, I would have liked to see him or Sirles get a shot. OLine has been a problem for years. Hopefully the "young" guys still around next year will come around because there is at least talent there.

Yes, I do consider the OL young. IF you count TE, only 3 seniors in 2 deep at every position.....3 out of 12 !!! Caputo undersized, Yoshi not bad, but only in 2nd yr of DI and Jones who has played HURT all the time. When those are your 3 seniors, yes, you are young.... And that 2 deep doesn't include Arod...

As much as we need to rotate, and keep healthy guys in, when 1/4 are seniors, then you are young..... and 6 of the 12 are either freshmen or sophomores...

Learned nothing new in this one. Same recipe for every loss this season. Undisciplined mistakes that stop momentum in all three phases and hurt us late in games. HUGE talent gap, that has to change or we will continue to have mediocre seasons. Disappointed, but still can't wait till next season, optimism all the way!

As an outsider looking in....

1) Rex Burkhead is a stud. He gashed is all day long.

2) I think your O-line played well, but got tired in the last 1/3 of the game. Not surprising given what they were dealing on the other side of the ball. Don't beat them up for that. You guys played hard and moved the ball easily against a top 5 defense for almost 3 quarters. So you had trouble punching it in in the red zone, but that's understandable too.

3) Your QB has a better (stronger) arm than you guys give him credit for. He made some damn good throws today.

4) Penalties hurt both teams. SC had more penalty yards, NEB had more costly penalties (location and timing). Awful crew today.

5) All the comments about your secondary above are on point. Several of us interlopers said man coverage would hurt you guys and it did.

6) Turnovers killed you guys. Both of them were at bad times after big Nebraska drives.

I thought you guys played better than you are giving yourselves credit for. You pretty much took it to us in the 1st 1/2 and I think the hail mary really hurt you guys mentally.

Look at the high spots folks...

As an outsider looking in....

1) Rex Burkhead is a stud. He gashed is all day long.

2) I think your O-line played well, but got tired in the last 1/3 of the game.

3) Your QB has a better (stronger) arm than you guys give him credit for. He made some damn good throws today.

4) Penalties hurt both teams. SC had more penalty yards, NEB had more costly penalties (location and timing). Awful crew today.

5) All the comments about your secondary above are on point. Several of us interlopers said man coverage would hurt you guys and it did.

6) Turnovers killed you guys. Both of them were at bad times after big Nebraska drives.

I thought you guys played better than you are giving yourselves credit for. You pretty much took it to us in the 1st 1/2 and I think the hail mary really hurt you guys mentally.

Look at the high spots folks...

Thanks for the kind words. Always nice to see an outsider's point of view.

I'll add one more. For all the pre game talk about Dennard, David is the heart and soul of your D. That guy was running around like his hair was on fire (in a good way). I liked the way he played, and the WAY he played (character). He'll play well on Sundays...

And let me expound on my #5. I'll put that one on your coaches, not your players.

I wanted to add one more thing. I didn't want to make a new thread, and I figured this was the best place to stick it.

I saw your team play in Columbia back in the 1980's with Tom Osborne coaching them. At the time, my parents had seat very near where the visiting team entered the field. What I'll never forget was the SIZE of the Offensive linemen for Nebraska. Big ole' "beef eaters" mid-western boys. Good lord those guys pushed our defensive guys around all day. Truth be told, other than the fact that we lost that game, it's my only outstanding memory of the game.

So what I thought was ironic about yesterday's game, from a SC perspective was the difference in Nebraska's O-line vs SC's D-line. This was esp true as the game wore on. All you have to do is look at Nebraska's total yards by quarter. 1st, 123, 2nd, 104, 3rd 44, 4th -10. My point here isn't to be a troll or to beat you guys up, but to simply make the point that I think your O-line ran out of gas so to speak vs our Defense. In short, I think the month of hurt you guys in that regard. But that's a conditioning thing and that's fixable.