Quicksand

Shane Falco has the best description of what goes wrong with this team:

"You're playing and you think everything is going fine. Then one thing goes wrong. And then another. And another. You try to fight back, but the harder you fight, the deeper you sink. Until you can't move... you can't breathe... because you're in over your head. Like quicksand."

When this Nebraska team loses momentum it starts commiting penalties, missing blocks, dropping passes, etc... Over and over again. Quicksand performances seem to come from emotional teams and coaches. They lose discipline and forget fundamentals because they try to do too much. I love Bo and the other coaches, but there needs to be a presence that stays emotionally consistent without the huge mood swings. I hope Bo can be that guy.

"You're playing and you think everything is going fine. Then one thing goes wrong. And then another. And another. You try to fight back, but the harder you fight, the deeper you sink. Until you can't move... you can't breathe... because you're in over your head. Like quicksand."

When this Nebraska team loses momentum it starts commiting penalties, missing blocks, dropping passes, etc... Over and over again. Quicksand performances seem to come from emotional teams and coaches. They lose discipline and forget fundamentals because they try to do too much. I love Bo and the other coaches, but there needs to be a presence that stays emotionally consistent without the huge mood swings. I hope Bo can be that guy.

Bo doesn't appear to be growing as a coach.

How are you measuring growth?

Still finishing unranked after 4 years on the job. Having an undisciplined team in just about every facet of the game. I could go on and on, but I think you get the point. It's pretty obvious that Bo isn't more than a decent DC. We need a HC, the problem is where are we going to get one? Bo is winning just enough to keep the average fan happy (for now) but isn't good enough to make NU elite again. Right now NU is an irreverent team in an irrelevant conference.

Still finishing unranked after 4 years on the job.

Another 4 loss year. Awesome. Glad we fired what's his name. That guy sucked. :sarcasm

Bo is good for what we have seen since 2008. 3-4 losses per year.

In inches.

• Fire 1

In inches.

Yes. That's the answer I was going for +1 to you.

In inches.

lol- I love CaddyShack references

Wouldn't say growth = maturity. Player see = player do.

It's tough to measure one persons' growth by wins/losses, but the way we've lost does show repitition in mistakes.

I'm not saying its a cure all, but from my experience, having someone leading the team that keeps his cool and stays positive when things aren't going right can reduce the quicksand effect with a team. That leader can be a coordinator, head coach or qb. I don't see any of those on this Husker team.

It is okay, we got Tom Osborne, who has great patience. My guess is we will have BP for as long as BP stays at Nebraska. Who knows? One day we might just win something. We do have some good talent coming up (like an entire O Line of RS Freshmen.) I do hope our pitiful performance doesn't scare off the talent we so desparately need to be competitive.