Food for thought

Everyone has heard that Jeff Fisher interviewed for the Miami Dolphins HC job Tuesday.

After the game on Monday, Bo stayed in Florida for "recruiting" reasons.

Now i heard two unconfirmed stories, 1. That Bo interviewed for the Dolphins job and 2. Bo interviewed for the Tampa Bay job

Pretty sure the Miami job rumor has been laid to rest. But Larry Asante tweeted "Big Bad Bo meet with the Bucs!" as well as unconfirmed reports that he was seen leaving the facilities.

That tweet has been removed. Pelini has been unreachable for comments as well as Buccaneer reps.

It does leave one to ponder if Bo has interviewed for the HC job at Tampa Bay...

So...it's now unreasonable to be a pissed off fanbase when NU gets blown out by Wiscy. Gets blown out by Michigan. Loses to a 3-5 team. Gets demolished in a bowl game. Has players throwing punches. Has players quitting in the game and taking penalties left and right. Has a coach that acts like a 7-year old when things go south. Thanks. I'll start being reasonable now.

Its not unreasonable to be pissed when we lose like that. I was as frustrated as anyone Monday night. I expect we're going to win every game but I don't live in make believe world and think i100% reality either. Whats unreasonable, and frankly stupid is to think that firing a good coach who's not taking short cuts, doing the right things by his players, reinforcing the reason for being in college is and education, and oh yeah.. won more games than 93% of all of college football has is the answer. People disregard the blow out wins but focus on the bad losses and see that as the reason he should go. Every single complaint from year 3 I think was addressed. The offense became more reliable, penalties were greatly improved and didn't kill drives (save the bowl game) like they did last year, hell even the sideline behavior is noticeably better. He was pissed at the end of the bowl game but talking to a friend who was there we also had at least 2 guys get punched int he face off camera. One was on that holding play that wasn't a catchable ball. If their is one area Bo still needs to improve its to let some of the intensity go when dealing with the press. Which to me is a non issue. Those pussies should try covering Bama, or the Jets, or Oklahoma, etc or have worked when TO was here. He might not rip your ass but you wouldn't get a football story all season until you called and made nice. And the bad thing is those guys are the ones trying to shape peoples opinions. The real truth is that the majority of them wouldn't survive in another market.

• Fire 2

I haven't heard exactly what job he interviewed for. In fact, much of the buzz is he wasn't there.

I could have easily not said anything and let the news break later if it was true or let it slip behind the curtain if it turned out to be false.

But i chose to post it because of the rattled cages of Husker Nation.

I hope he leaves, just for you guys pissing and moaning. I hope he says F*** this state. I love Bo and i think he is and will be a great coach, but I really do hope he up and leaves and is successfull in the NFL. He has to be sick of our fans having unreasonable expectations. Everyone thinks we are Texas Michigan Ohio State Alabama Florida.....WE ARE NOT. We are in a terrible location with NO TALENT in our state. Look at all the teams that are historicly good.....teams in recruiting hot beds. Bo needs time, getting a few "diamonds in the rough" every recruiting class to build a good team. We cant get it all with one recruiting class we are not texas, and never will be. We are located in bum f*** no where. Look what happens when recruits get offered by their home state....they decommit. Its extrememly hard to get the talent we need. And anyone without there head up there a$$ can see that.

Had to laugh at the part in bold. NU has the 4th most all time wins. I think that constitutes being "historically good".

I hope he leaves, just for you guys pissing and moaning. I hope he says F*** this state. I love Bo and i think he is and will be a great coach, but I really do hope he up and leaves and is successfull in the NFL. He has to be sick of our fans having unreasonable expectations. Everyone thinks we are Texas Michigan Ohio State Alabama Florida.....WE ARE NOT. We are in a terrible location with NO TALENT in our state. Look at all the teams that are historicly good.....teams in recruiting hot beds. Bo needs time, getting a few "diamonds in the rough" every recruiting class to build a good team. We cant get it all with one recruiting class we are not texas, and never will be. We are located in bum f*** no where. Look what happens when recruits get offered by their home state....they decommit. Its extrememly hard to get the talent we need. And anyone without there head up there a$$ can see that.

I bet Bo and Co work TWICE as hard spend TWICE as much time on the road then almost any other team. We have NO TALENT in NE and hardly any in surrounding states. It has to be extremely frustrating for him to be gone from his family recruiting for so long only to come back and have little to no support from his "fans". I really dont know how he can take it for much longer and if i were him i would be looking for any excuse to GTFO of here.

No coach worth a chit is going to come here for unreasonable expectations that you all have and a place that is historically very hard to recruit to. Pull your heads out of your asses.

Well thats a nice way to address the majority of the people on here who are concerned with the direction of the program. Also, it seems to me that the vast majority of that majority are still very much behind Bo. Thinking they work twice as hard as other staff is just plain naive or delusional, or the ultimate in the rose colored glasses theory. He might be a great coach someday, but if you think he's a great coach RIGHT NOW, then you are the one who needs to pull something out of something. There is an abundance of work to be done. If he's a great coach now, he should be able to win with the talentless group of players he is forced to work with.

Yes, our expectations are high, we don't have another major college team or a pro team to pull for so our emotional investment is high, just like it's been for the last 30 or 40 years (or longer, don't remember past then). Those expecations are always going to be high, but most are satisified or placated if our team and coach at least put up a reasonable, competetive effort on the field, and do with a modicum of class.

I'll be the first to admit, persoanlly, I don't think he's every going to develope into the type of coach we are looking for, but I also realize it takes time to build a program, but anyone who knows anything about the game knows that this program has boatloads of work ahead of it and if he does get it turned around, I'll be the first to step up admit I was wrong.

And I can think of at least 3 million reasons why a coach "worth a chit" might come here.

Ya ur right its mostly addressed to the few on here that are anti Bo reguradless of what he does. And yes i do think him and his staff spend alot more time on the road then most. Texas, Florida ,Ohio State, barely have to leave thier back yard. We are constantly in New Jersey (this year) Texas, California, Florida. We dont have the convience of driving a few hours to visit prospects. Our coaches are all over the country, and i wish people would realize that when they are arent coaching games they are immediately out recruting. After the Iowa game Bo was gone the whole next week recruiting, then back to watch game film of USC and coaching practice, jump to Florida for a visit, back to practice, up to new jersey. Sure he gets paid good, but he could get paid just as good somewhere else and it would require alot less effort recruiting if he were at say...Florida. He is busting is ass recruting, just because its guys dont pick us in the end doesnt mean they arent trying, its just damn hard to pull guys away from home to come to the middle of no where.

Yes our guys have to travel farther, but it doens't require any less effort to recruit in the talent "hotbeds", those coaches still have to work their asses off to land players. All the coaches are out recruiting after their last regular game. To think that our staff is working harder than anyone elses just doens't make sense. Is it difficult to land premier players to come here to Nebraska, absolutely, I don't think anyone would ever argue that. It just means that you have to really develope those players that you do get.

And quite frankly, right now, talent isn't the biggest issue we need to address. I think if you read through a lot of the posts most agree that we have enough talent to compete with most teams on the college scene. Lets face it, we were the much better team in the first half of the bowl game before we fell apart. Yes, you have to have good talent, but you also have to develope that talent so that it produces on the field. I think right now that developement along with in game management skill are what are being questioned about Bo.

I agree with most of the post about fighting an uphill battle in recruiting BUT my main problem with MOST the Pelini apologists are as follows:

- Since Billy C left, where are all of the All-Conference or better performers that Bo and staff have brought in and developed?

- Why are you ignoring the fact we keep getting headboarded by superior teams and aren't even competitive for 4 quarters in most big games?

- What has Bo done to prove he has grown as a HC? (I actually prefer the "Blow your Load Bo" version over this "fake Bo" that most have required him...we knew we were getting a hot head when we hired him)

I have plenty more points but would like at least some clarity on those before heading into others....

no matter how you spin it, that number is still shocking. Considering Pelini started out 28-9, and has gone 10-7 since.. i think thats shows a lot about the direction of the program.

btw, what does Urban Meyer have to do with Bo or Nebraska Football?

I dont want Bo to go. While I dont think he is the next coming of TO, he is a decent coach that just has some growing up to do. While i dont agree with his antics or decisions (or the utter distain for the media and fans that support him), I dont think we will find a coach that can get 8-10 wins every year this late into the season, unless we somehow pulled Jeff Fisher out of a hat :)

I just dont see the appeal Bo seems to have with EVERY major job opening. Good coach, but wet behind the ears and has a lot of seasons left before he will be on the level of great coaches.

no matter how you spin it, that number is still shocking. Considering Pelini started out 28-9, and has gone 10-7 since.. i think thats shows a lot about the direction of the program.

btw, who cares about Urban Meyer? is he coming to coach here?

I would wager that 98% plus of this board would take Meyer over Bo, if Bo is a bad coach because of his last 17 games, Meyer is a bad coach because of his last 15 games.

Why the arbitrary 17 games, did Bo change something 17 games ago that is relevant?

Since 17 games are so important, lets look at the 17 games before your 17 games

Bo was 15-2 in the 17 before your 17, including 12-2 against BCS competition. Anyone have a problem with that type of record?

I would wager that 98% plus of this board would take Meyer over Bo, if Bo is a bad coach because of his last 17 games, Meyer is a bad coach because of his last 15 games.

Why the arbitrary 17 games, did Bo change something 17 games ago that is relevant?

Bo was 15-2 in the 17 before your 17, including 12-2 against BCS competition. Anyone have a problem with that type of record?

Sorry must have been editing my post when you replied.

I dont, 15-2 is great, but not when you follow it up with a 10-7, dont you agree?

Sorry must have been editing my post when you replied.

I dont, 15-2 is great, but not when you follow it up with a 10-7, dont you agree?

Not happy about it, but when I look at those 7 losses I see losses @ A&M where Martinez should have been on crutches and the refs were on fire, against OU where a healthy Martinez probably wins the game, the Holiday Bowl where nobody really cared.

Then this year we lost to 3 teams that were better than us but we were in the games at the half (2nd halves were awful, no doubt), 2 of which were on the road.

I disagree with a lot of things about the Pelini regime, I don't think Taylor Martinez is a BCS level starting quarterback, but I am not jumping off the ledge after a season that I expected to go 9-4 or 10-3 in anyway depending on bowl matchup.

I will say this offseason is crucial to Bo's time here in Lincoln. Both lines need to be rebuilt and upgraded and I'm not sold that the talent is on the roster (oddly I feel better about the o-line than d-line), and QB play has to make a marked improvement.

Bo also needs to get control of himself and the game, his team reflects his anger, lack of focus and arrogance IMO, which is not a good thing.