Callahan's a LOSER

The question is, how long will it take NU administration to figure that fact out? This year? Next year? 07? 08?

How many more "moral victories" do we have to endure? How many more excuses about "inferior talent" will we have to hear? How many times will we hear "we are making progress" when we are not?

The fact is, probably our best winning effort this year was on the road against Baylor. Yes, Baylor. We won 4 out of our first 5 games, but they were all at home, and all "patsy" games except Tech, which we lost.

It takes a man to stand up and say "I made a mistake". Is Pederson man enough to stand up and say "I made a mistake?" Is his ego too big?

I cannot believe that Nebraska football has slumped to this level. The score Saturday could have been MUCH worse. And frankly, we could have EASILY been beaten by either Wake Forest or Pitt - two of the worst teams in 1A.

Wake up people - we have a lot more losses ahead of us before the W's start coming again. And only Pederson can answer when the tide will turn. It won't until Callahan's gone that's for sure. The guy can't coach. Nuff said.

wow... thats kinda harsh considering they have a winning record right now, and have improved over last year at this point. they could and should go to a bowl and just because callahan did nothin at oakland does not mean that he is not a good coach. he is a good coach and he will turn this program around. there are always growing pains, next year at this time if the season is going like this then this post will be needed, but not now... they need the support

wow... thats kinda harsh considering they have a winning record right now, and have improved over last year at this point. they could and should go to a bowl and just because callahan did nothin at oakland does not mean that he is not a good coach. he is a good coach and he will turn this program around. there are always growing pains, next year at this time if the season is going like this then this post will be needed, but not now... they need the support

I mean no disrespect at all. But the guy has shown me ZERO ability to gameday coach. The only teams NU has beaten have had clearly inferior talent. No exceptions. Teams with equal to/greater talent, NU has lost in the Callahan era. When you go 2 games with 14 yards rushing, something's simply not right. When you spot teams 14 or 21 points 3 out of 4 games, something's not right.

Take a critical look at who NU has beaten this year. Maine, Wake, Pitt, Iowa State, Baylor. All were very close except for Maine, which was a lot closer than one would have thought. Wake and Pitt were flat-out squeakers, and those teams are among the bottom of the 1-A barrel. Iowa State? OK, I'll give you that one. Good win.

But can you believe that we are sitting here saying "good win" against Iowa State? A team that took us to overtime? Unbelievable.

As long as everyone is content with 5 and 6 win seasons, we should be all set. But I will go on record right now and guarantee you this: Bill Callahan is incapable of winning more than 6 games in a season. Any season. If he generates any win more than 6, it should be cause for tremendous celebration by the Husker faithful. But I don't see it happening. Those days of 11,10,9, or even 8 wins a year are ancient history with Callahan. Time will prove me correct.

I mean no disrespect at all. But the guy has shown me ZERO ability to gameday coach.

i think the coaching staff makes good gameplan changes in the middle of games, its kept them close for the most part... the pre-game plannin gets me... they cant keep gettin down nemore

Bill Callahan is incapable of winning more than 6 games in a season. Any season.

i think it will be more than six this year... and definately next year

plus i think pitt and wf are better than every1 says.. pitt is quietly showin signs of life finally and wf almost beat bc, a pretty good team that doesnt make mistakes

I am not ready to call BC a LOSER, but he hasn't proved to me that he is a WINNER either !!!!!

Stats don't lie, and I agree with almost everything said on this thread.....

I am hoping that we still have inferior talent, and if BC and company are able to continue recruiting some of the top players that we will see results...

BC's game planning sucks, but at least I see some "in-game" adjustments, which we did not see with the last staff !!!!!

I am on the fence on this "loser" thing.... I'll take a wait and see approach

I think calling Billy a loser is a bit strong. However, his game prep leaves a lot to be desired. The well worn fact that our first 15 plays are scripted and basically result in nothing kind of makes you wonder what the hell these coaches do all week. The loud boos from the "fans" heard on ABC Saturday has a lot of people wondering. That brings me to the asst. coaches. Aside from Blake, (who Pederson must have told him to hire for recruiting), he has selected a very average group who've done nothing but bounce around at different schools. I find the most surprising thing is the incredible patience the fans have with Callahan. Are we really improving? Texas Tech had 21 points before we woke up, had that game been on the road I think 70 would have been attainable again and we called it a good loss? I guess many have bought into what they are selling in Lincoln or maybe people don't care like they used to.

As long as everyone is content with 5 and 6 win seasons, we should be all set. But I will go on record right now and guarantee you this: Bill Callahan is incapable of winning more than 6 games in a season. Any season. If he generates any win more than 6, it should be cause for tremendous celebration by the Husker faithful. But I don't see it happening. Those days of 11,10,9, or even 8 wins a year are ancient history with Callahan. Time will prove me correct.

The year and a half he has been proves nothing, but a coach trying to rebuild.

FACT: Talent was down we BC came in

FACT: When BC came in, NU did not have pass savy players

FACT: Players were frustrated with coaching changes leading to poor attitudes

FACT: Many new players and old players playing together for the first year

FACT: Key Injuries

FACT: Lack of experience on OL and D backfield

FACT: Definate improvement fundamentally over BC's first year (thus far)

Just a few that come to mind.

Lets say BC is as terrible as you say he is. What would you do if you were AD? Fire him? How would that benifit the team? Whom would you hire that would do better with the players that he has? Are you absolutely positive his planning sucks, or is it player execution and inexperience? Do you feel BC's planning problems are a simple fix? How would you start off against KU? If with the run, how would you fix the problem if the line blocks as poor as they have been? If with the pass, well same as the run? Well, not run-blocking well cause of inexperience and lack of talent, not pass protecting well cause of inexperience and lack of talent; now what? Did Callahan get his many college positions and pro positions because he is terrible? Could Osborne, the great chess player of a coach that he was, take this team (with its current players) and win 9, 10, or 11?

I think people really over simplify problems that BC has had. Many also offer up opinions, from the couch side of the televison, and there is absolutley nothing wrong with that; but, to say a coach is a "LOSER" and to "guarantee" that he incapable of winning more than 6 games in a season is rediculous. Time may tell that he does not have what it takes, but give it time. We all want NU to win football games, but I promise you that we all do not know what is best. Even though most think they do. I remember when so many said Osborne couldn't win the big one, hell, it took him 20 years; and he didn't have limited by scholarships.

if our o-line didnt lay an egg every weekend they would be able to run the ball consistently and pass it too. the backs are there, and the o-line just needs to show the heart and will of the rest of the team... all i see is a bunch of uninspired players on that line and it makes me sick

Texas Tech had 21 points before we woke up, had that game been on the road I think 70 would have been attainable again and we called it a good loss?

There is no good loss, but if you figure in the entire game not just the first half, it was close. There are 4 quarters in football (even though we have yet to play all 4). Had it been on the road, maybe aliens would have landed and blown up the field, killing everyone there. 70 points, aliens...neither happened so not really any kind of an argument for or against anything.

FACT: Talent was down we BC came in

Not NC caliber talent, but the same talent that won 10 games the year before he got here???

FACT: Many new players and old players playing together for the first year

Same as any team, any year.

FACT: Key Injuries

Yawn. 2 starters injured. Any team could make this argument.

FACT: Definate improvement fundamentally over BC's first year (thus far)

Hmmm, the offense is worse, and the D is not much better.

The only area with marked improvement is the special teams, but they were the worst in the nation last year.

Could Osborne, the great chess player of a coach that he was, take this team (with its current players) and win 9, 10, or 11?

With this schedule, easily. NU would likely be 8-0 right now with TO and McBride, with their only loss to CU or UT in the Championship game.

I remember when so many said Osborne couldn't win the big one, hell, it took him 20 years; and he didn't have limited by scholarships.

Bunk. TO won 9, 10, 11 games per year. He never "led" NU to a 5-6 season.

Did Callahan get his many college positions and pro positions because he is terrible?

FACT: billy c has coached on a bunch of mediocre teams, that have had mixed success and failure, nothing outstanding. He rides the coattails of taking another mans team to the SB, yet he destroyed the team the next year. His record as a head coach after that season is 14-21 :wtf . The rest of his staff has similar "successes" on their resumes.

This program is not getting better with them here.