Callahan's a LOSER

Whoever told you FS recruited dailey to run a spread option played a trick on you. FS wouldn't even know the first thing about a spread option, let alone the forward pass. What Meyer ran and what Solich ran are 2 different systems. If you don't believe me, go watch a Ohio game and watch a Florida game.

Solich ran the option. Meyer ran a spread offense that incorported  option plays. That's why you hear his offense referred to as a spread option. If anyone watched the Bill Callahan show a couple of weeks ago when we were facing Missouri that weekend, he talked about how Missouri was basically trying to do the same thing as he did at utah and his words were, and i quote "What Urban Meyer did at Utah wasn't anything new that revolutionized football, he runs a lot of wco with option plays in it". Which again is my whole point from the begining. Some people don't even bother reading the posts. That or they just skim through posts and when they find something to disagree with, they begin posting without finishing the post.

Alex Smith had 135 rushes last year. If you take away the 18 sacks, that's about 10 rushes per game. And that doesn't count the rollout passes or the options that he pitched or shovel passed it. And he did that A LOT. Believe me, I watched the games. That doesn't sound like WCO with a little option mixed in. Just because Callahan says Urban Meyer was running the WCO, doesn't mean its true. I'd still like to read that interview with Meyer that you said you saw.

Just because Callahan says Urban Meyer was running the WCO, doesn't mean its true.

I will keep that in mind next time to not believe anything Callahan says considering he's been coaching for the last 25 years. What does he know right?

I'd still like to read that interview with Meyer that you said you saw.

It was an ESPN interview with Meyer conducted by Kirk Herbstriet during the offseason, so i wouldn't have any way of getting you that interview. You can contact ESPN and ask for a transcript of that interview for a minimal fee

Same Crap, diffeent day.

NO FRIGGEN TALENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every recruiting guru has said it.

Most of our old coaches have said it

Top players from the past have said it.

But internet GEEKS no more than all of these people!!! Yea right!!!

This staff had no QB or Oline when they got here. That means no QB or Oline to run the friggen option either. They inhereited a team with no heart, no morals and no desire to win against top teams. See the 3 losses to quality talent, I could care less about the 10 or 9 wins how ever you count.

You can not correct in one class what was done for the previous seven.

Reality is we are at least another 2 years from being remotely competitive with top programs. But Pairity may have a word in that too.

Support the team, that is all you have to do!

The only losers are the ones that do not see what has happened and what is happening.

Bravo Skersfan! Nebraska is 2, maybe 3 plays away from 7-1 and the staff are complete losers? This team is young, the effort and heart is there and the big wins will eventually come. If you would have told me in July that NU would have started 5-3, I wouldn't have been surprised. But how they have ended up there is surprising. TT is a force to be reckoned with, Texas just so happens to be freakishly good. OU has a ton of talent(albeit young) and NU gave them all they wanted and even had opportunities to tie. NU has lost 1 game that was played all around badly, and that was at MU. I see the never say die mentality of a young team, a team still learning and jelling together. Last year was painful to watch, this year has been fun. I hate losing more than anyone else, but the kids have shown something this year. Before this season, I said that if the team looked similar this year as in 04, that I would be pissed and say Callahan may not be the answer. But after seeing the first 8 games and the attitude shift, the energized team and the fact that they get pissed off when they lose, I am a supporter of Callahan. I don't always agree with what him or Cosgrove calls, but they know a ton more than me or any of us on this board do about football and they are obviously doing it for a reason. Callahan is not a loser, and a fan doesn't give up on their team.

Whoever told you FS recruited dailey to run a spread option played a trick on you. FS wouldn't even know the first thing about a spread option, let alone the forward pass. What Meyer ran and what Solich ran are 2 different systems. If you don't believe me, go watch a Ohio game and watch a Florida game.

Really, both Dailey and his HS coach said that he ran an offense similar to the WCO in high school. If you watch what Cotton does at ISU (remember, NU's previous O coord??) it surely doesnt look like option left, option right, qb draw.

Oh and if you think that NUs O now is anything close to what teams like Tech, OU, FSU, Miami, USC run, keep dreaming. They are ALL different, all unique, but they run on the same principles.

Really, both Dailey and his HS coach said that he ran an offense similar to the WCO in high school. If you watch what Cotton does at ISU (remember, NU's previous O coord??) it surely doesnt look like option left, option right, qb draw.

Oh and if you think that NUs O now is anything close to what teams like Tech, OU, FSU, Miami, USC run, keep dreaming. They are ALL different, all unique, but they run on the same principles.

I remember reading that about Dailey as well, but I checked his high school stats and they indicate that the statement is not true. And I agree with you about Barney's offense, and it shows how limited he was in play calling in 03.

Who knows what NU's offense looks like? If the line could hold a block or keep Taylor off the ground I am sure we would be able to see a little clearer picture.

I am completely ready to give Cally another year...especially if NU wins another game and makes a bowl. I actually like Cally, and think he can get it done.

OU wasn't that bad of a coaching approach, now that I look at it with much less emotion. The freakin' o-Line can't block my 9 year old, the defense didn't tackle (what the heck was up with Bullocks?), and NU still almost tied it up, if not for an errant pass (ZT DID have a HUGE wind behind him...very tough to throw the long ball in that wind). IF NU can get off to a good start against the Beaks and Kittens, NU wins two...if not, then it could get ugly...

I still hate Pedey, though, and I fear what would happen if Cally was fired...NU could get a great coach like Nutt or 'Stache...wouldn't that be fun?

I am completely ready to give Cally another year...especially if NU wins another game and makes a bowl. I actually like Cally, and think he can get it done.

yep one more year and this thread can come back up imo

The thing is, I remember a lot of people on this board saying the same thing last year. Many said if we don't show a big improvement in record this year, Callahan should feel some heat. It seems to me the goals keep changing in so we feel like we're progressing. I'm not one that thinks he should be fired right now...I'm a realist. We're stuck with him. I just think people should be more worried than they are. Regardless of how much progress we think we've made...there was really no excuse for not at least challenging for the north title this year and last year. The division is just so bad. And there's no excuse for having the 96th rated offense. Transition or not.

yep one more year and this thread can come back up imo

The thing is, I remember a lot of people on this board saying the same thing last year. Many said if we don't show a big improvement in record this year, Callahan should feel some heat. It seems to me the goals keep changing in so we feel like we're progressing. I'm not one that thinks he should be fired right now...I'm a realist. We're stuck with him. I just think people should be more worried than they are. Regardless of how much progress we think we've made...there was really no excuse for not at least challenging for the north title this year and last year. The division is just so bad. And there's no excuse for having the 96th rated offense. Transition or not.

I think Callahan has felt heat since he took over. Most D1 coachs feel heat to win. I do agree though, if he loses the final three games, Pederson will turn up the burner. I have defended BC in the past, but mostly on giving the guy ample time to recruit, install the system, and to let it all grow roots. He had and has a big obstacle to overcome, and if anyone thought it would run smooth in 1 or 2 years, they were fooling themselves. I do believe though, if he cannot overcome many of the mental mistakes, that many of these players are making, if he can't form a solid cohesive system, and if he cannot gain control of the North, by the end of next year, CRANK that heat up and let him dance. Next year, I really think it will come down to coaching, the talent card will have been overused.

:thumbs:yeah

If we want to get beat by Mizzou 41-24 again, we can bring back Solich. At least with Solich we were ahead at one point. Callahan is going to have to make an abrupt, drastic change in this offense if he wants it to work. It can not be a gradual thing, that would take too long. One day the offense is just going to have to come out and start clicking and stay clicking for every game after that. The only way to impress me with this offense is to take be by surprise. Kind of like the Iowa State game except a lot more points and almost as many rushing yards as passing yards.

Same Crap, diffeent day.

NO FRIGGEN TALENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every recruiting guru has said it.

Most of our old coaches have said it

Top players from the past have said it.

But internet GEEKS no more than all of these people!!!  Yea right!!!

This staff had no QB or Oline when they got here.  That means no QB or Oline to run the friggen option either.  They inhereited a team with no heart, no morals and no desire to win against top teams.  See the 3 losses to quality talent, I could care less about the 10  or 9 wins how ever you count.

You can not correct in one class what was done for the previous seven. 

Reality is we are at least another 2 years from being remotely competitive with top programs.  But Pairity may have a word in that too.

Support the team, that is all you have to do!

The only losers are the ones that do not see what has happened and what is happening.

Bravo Skersfan! Nebraska is 2, maybe 3 plays away from 7-1 and the staff are complete losers? This team is young, the effort and heart is there and the big wins will eventually come. If you would have told me in July that NU would have started 5-3, I wouldn't have been surprised. But how they have ended up there is surprising. TT is a force to be reckoned with, Texas just so happens to be freakishly good. OU has a ton of talent(albeit young) and NU gave them all they wanted and even had opportunities to tie. NU has lost 1 game that was played all around badly, and that was at MU. I see the never say die mentality of a young team, a team still learning and jelling together. Last year was painful to watch, this year has been fun. I hate losing more than anyone else, but the kids have shown something this year. Before this season, I said that if the team looked similar this year as in 04, that I would be pissed and say Callahan may not be the answer. But after seeing the first 8 games and the attitude shift, the energized team and the fact that they get pissed off when they lose, I am a supporter of Callahan. I don't always agree with what him or Cosgrove calls, but they know a ton more than me or any of us on this board do about football and they are obviously doing it for a reason. Callahan is not a loser, and a fan doesn't give up on their team.

Apparently DJ, you are not tired of accepting moral victories like I am. They are 2-3 plays away from being 7-1? Or 8-0? Or, how about 4-4? If that Pitt field goal had not been blocked we would have lost and be 4-4 right now. Too many hypothetical scenarios. All I know is that we are 5-3, we beat a better Pitt team last year on the road and we have shown little improvement and will probably end up 6-5 or if we're lucky, 7-4. TT is not a real force to be reckoned with, they are simply pretty good. Texas put them in their place and showed them what it means to be a powerhouse. We got beat by a decent TT team that we should be beating every year. As for the coaching staff "knowing a ton more than any of us do", I say they are guilty until proven innocent. Let them prove they know more. Don't be afraid to post how you really feel. Once they prove themselves I will agree that they knew more all along but stop giving them the benefit of the doubt. Last year was the "benefit of the doubt year." Will next year be the same? Not for me. I want them to be challenged and prove themselves, not squeak by with poor wins.

Apparently DJ, you are not tired of accepting moral victories like I am. They are 2-3 plays away from being 7-1? Or 8-0? Or, how about 4-4? If that Pitt field goal had not been blocked we would have lost and be 4-4 right now. Too many hypothetical scenarios. All I know is that we are 5-3, we beat a better Pitt team last year on the road and we have shown little improvement and will probably end up 6-5 or if we're lucky, 7-4. TT is not a real force to be reckoned with, they are simply pretty good. Texas put them in their place and showed them what it means to be a powerhouse. We got beat by a decent TT team that we should be beating every year. As for the coaching staff "knowing a ton more than any of us do", I say they are guilty until proven innocent. Let them prove they know more. Don't be afraid to post how you really feel. Once they prove themselves I will agree that they knew more all along but stop giving them the benefit of the doubt. Last year was the "benefit of the doubt year." Will next year be the same? Not for me. I want them to be challenged and prove themselves, not squeak by with poor wins.

Well said. :clap

Would one of you genius predictors please tell me now what games we are always suppose to win.

I keep reading games we should always win. Where is that written. How do you find these gimme games.

With your standards, Michigan, Notre Dame, USC, Alabama should never ever lose a game.

You play the games, there are no games anyone should always win. That crap is in the past. Hell TO lost many games he should have won, how do you explain that.

Talent, with out it you lose. We are an average team with average talent at this time.

We were at the bottom of the barrel. Quit living in the past, There is no god given right for Nebraska to win. We have to play the games, develop talent and work to win any game. Pairity is here. If you look at this terrible weak conference you will see that only two teams out of the whole conference have losing records. That is pretty damned good. Look at thing how they are not how you want them to be. Work to change them, but be willing to understand that it takes time.

We do not have a player that would start in any position at Texas, USC, VaTech, Miami, Florida State, Alabama, Georgia and a host more. Our 2nd and third teams would not make the team at most of the top 15. When you finally understand that then you will see progress.