Nate Meier... possibility

No.

Meier has done all his talking on the football field by leading his team to the state championship and setting records along the way. There is not much more he could do to prove that he may have been the top player in the whole state of Iowa in the 2011 season. I consider him a local kid (lives 35 miles from Omaha, 60 from Lincoln) and a player the fans would love to get behind. I am a long time Husker fan that hopes to see him wearing the "N" on his helmet some day.

Anyone else get the feeling HANC is Meier's dad?

LOL.... not the case. If I was, his "bloodlines" wouldn't be like they are. I actually just have watched this kid since 7th grade and coached against him, and started this entire topic hinting that he might be a good WALK ON.....

I never meant to suggest that he is a 'blue-chipper'....... but when guys only evaluate players based on a grainy youtube video then I tend to get a little defensive. In the 16 years I have coached in Iowa and Nebraska, he is one of the most physically gifted players I have seen, regardless of class of school.

That's all....

• 2 weeks later...

Nate had an "official" to Iowa this weekend and received an offer. He verbally committed to the 'cockeyes'..... They offered a scholarship to hopefully keep him from walking on (preferred walk-on) to Nebraska or ISU. Many on the Hawk board are fairly pleased. Fairly nice story on rivals (apparently, I don't subscribe)

- I know that most on this topic will say "good"... and I agree that he wasn't a scholly kid, especially with the low number we had to offer. In a year that we could have signed mid 20's, I think you would have seen an offer. Many are comparing him to Chad Greenway, who played 9-man football. Hope it doesn't bite us. Congrats Nate....but the Hawks...really ???

Congratulations to Nate Meier of nearby Fremont Mills Iowa on becoming an Iowa Hawkeye. I had hoped to see him come out of the tunnel at Memorial Stadium in Lincoln and it looks like I will get my wish, only he will be on the wrong side. It will be fun watching his football career. I hope the Hawkeyes win ever game each year he plays, except the day after Thanksgiving against Nebraska. It looks like he will get a good look at runningback/fullback. I felt Nate Meier and also Drew Ott could have helped the Huskers get their identity back. I guess we will see first hand what those two bring to the Hawkeyes. Good luck to both of them.