Nate Meier... possibility

I have coached football at many levels, and he may be the best athletic speciman, and small town football player that I have seen and/or coached against. He is 6'2 and 245 lbs.... not an ounce of fat... He is also extremely fast...not quick, but fast. He was/is on the State track shuttle hurdle relay finalist and also qualified for the state track 110 high hurdles.

Check out his youtube video... Nate Meier breaks Iowa HS 8 man rushing record 500 yds. I understand that it is 8 man, but the Mackovicka's played 8 man. I remind you, as you watch the video, he is playing against what many believe was the second best 8 man team in the State of Iowa. His team won the state championship 80 - 6.

Hopefully we can lure him to walk on and see if he can develop. He is a BEAST....TRUST ME

Seen the video after I heard about his performance in the title game. The kid is a baller. Just doesn't belong on the same field as a lot of those kids from small towns. You see those a lot of times in 8 Man. John Howell from Mullen(played at CSU and then Tampa Bay), Scott Shanle, Steve Kriewald, and Drew Ott this year to name a few.

Heard he was a potential walk on back when King Frazier announced he would and got pretty stoked. The kid is a man among boys in his videos, seriously people check it out.

He seemed rather slow to me. I didn't see him as "fast" verses even his competition. Certainly saw the power. It would be interesting to see this power at the college level and if he stood out. Envisioning him walking on at Nebraska ... I would think he would be a fullback/blocker who if he was able to compete at the college level would be a goal line type back. For those who know of this player ... is he much of a blocker? I know he is a stud at his level but I just don't know if from what I see he would get threw any hole our OL would open up ... not that we don't but I don't see him making it threw the hole that quick at the next level.

Thanks for posting this. Here's the link to the highlights I watched.

He seemed rather slow to me. I didn't see him as "fast" verses even his competition. Certainly saw the power. It would be interesting to see this power at the college level and if he stood out. Envisioning him walking on at Nebraska ... I would think he would be a fullback/blocker who if he was able to compete at the college level would be a goal line type back. For those who know of this player ... is he much of a blocker? I know he is a stud at his level but I just don't know if from what I see he would get threw any hole our OL would open up ... not that we don't but I don't see him making it threw the hole that quick at the next level.

You are right in most of your accessments.... As a guy who knows this kid on a personal level....coached against him, see him in track...... he is not "quick".... I don't know his 40 time, but I do know that he is FAST.... Kid runs a tremendous 100 meters and as I posted is on state track medalist 110 shuttle hurdle team... The video you watched is against what many think is the 2nd best team in the state, and they are probably the "fastest" football team in the state. They are loaded with speed.

Yes, he is a stud at the lower (smaller) HS ranks, but this kid could play for any size HS and be a stud. I am very reasonable, and realistic. I have had studs, and am very honest when talking to college coaches. We have had All-State athletes whom I don't think can play D-3 ball, and I tell coaches that. Nate has DI talent and size.

But, he won't play RB or FB IMO... at least at a DI program. He is actually just as talented or better on defense. I could see him playing LB... probably MLB (Will) or maybe outside....... He is already 245, and is a speciman, but if he could pack another 25 lbs onto his 6'2 frame, with his speed and strength, he could be a force to handle on a speed rush from a DE spot.... He is a better athlete that Dominick Alvis (Iowa Hawkeyes), who was from small school Iowa, and now STARTS DE for the Hawkeyes as a sophomore. He injured his knee toward end of season.....

Sounds like Nate is looking at Iowa State though

The kid has good athleticism for his size and will get some looks at D1 schools, but we cannot put any stock into 8 man stats. I grew up in small town Iowa and we were 11 man, but a town close was 8 man. They had a few kids my senior year almost breaking national records, and honestly wouldn't have even started at our school.

The kid has good athleticism for his size and will get some looks at D1 schools, but we cannot put any stock into 8 man stats. I grew up in small town Iowa and we were 11 man, but a town close was 8 man. They had a few kids my senior year almost breaking national records, and honestly wouldn't have even started at our school.

You are EXACTLY right, and I will not argue that point. Stats are useless, especially comparing 8 man to 11 man....if fact, a lot of HS stats are useless anyway....based on level of competition across the nation...... this is why I haven't mentioned anything about his "stats" in the posts. I am not basing any of my opinion on STATS..... I am basing it on the fact that he is a monster on and off the field and he wouldn't just start for every 11 man team in the State, he would be successful....... Now, no where have I said that he is worth a scholly !!!! I think this kid needs to walk on or grey shirt and see what happens. I will gaurantee you that he is EVERY BIT AS GOOD as a Bronson Marsh or the kid from Crete that we went after last year !!! Both of these guys turned heads on the scout team.

I am agreeing with your post..... just saying there is more to this guy than stats..... not the kid's fault the area towns are small so his team had to play 8 man....don't punish him for something he can't control.... The Mackovicka's and some of the guys mentioned in other posts all played 8 man..

You are EXACTLY right, and I will not argue that point. Stats are useless, especially comparing 8 man to 11 man....if fact, a lot of HS stats are useless anyway....based on level of competition across the nation...... this is why I haven't mentioned anything about his "stats" in the posts. I am not basing any of my opinion on STATS..... I am basing it on the fact that he is a monster on and off the field and he wouldn't just start for every 11 man team in the State, he would be successful....... Now, no where have I said that he is worth a scholly !!!! I think this kid needs to walk on or grey shirt and see what happens. I will gaurantee you that he is EVERY BIT AS GOOD as a Bronson Marsh or the kid from Crete that we went after last year !!! Both of these guys turned heads on the scout team.

I am agreeing with your post..... just saying there is more to this guy than stats..... not the kid's fault the area towns are small so his team had to play 8 man....don't punish him for something he can't control.... The Mackovicka's and some of the guys mentioned in other posts all played 8 man..

Big ERN.....sorry....didn't mean to "generalize" that YOU were punishing him for being 8 man..... you may or may not be.... I just threw that in for the general crowd..... wasn't directing it at your post.

No I wasn't trying to knock the kid. As you said it isn't his fault who he plays. Just stating my own opinion that when people see the 500 they instantly think wow. I look more into film (not saying you don't).

Cody Green is a great example. He played the big boys in Texas at an elite program and puts up ridiculous numbers. 3,600 passing yards, 1,700 rushing yards, and 60 total TDs.

Apparently waiting for Neb to offer. They are interested, but needed to wait for act score, which he scored highly recently. I really hope there is an offer soon.... ISU, KS, OU were all waiting on act score...the next 2 weeks will be interesting for him

I have coached football at many levels, and he may be the best athletic speciman, and small town football player that I have seen and/or coached against. He is 6'2 and 245 lbs.... not an ounce of fat... He is also extremely fast...not quick, but fast. He was/is on the State track shuttle hurdle relay finalist and also qualified for the state track 110 high hurdles.

Check out his youtube video... Nate Meier breaks Iowa HS 8 man rushing record 500 yds. I understand that it is 8 man, but the Mackovicka's played 8 man. I remind you, as you watch the video, he is playing against what many believe was the second best 8 man team in the State of Iowa. His team won the state championship 80 - 6.

Hopefully we can lure him to walk on and see if he can develop. He is a BEAST....TRUST ME

Too bad his last name isn't Cotton, he'd have an offer and actually be worthy of it.

• Fire 1

Too bad his last name isn't Cotton, he'd have an offer and actually be worthy of it.

:dis I Think when it's all fleshed out.....................all of the Cotton Kids will have proven to have been solid contributors.........................

• Fire 1

You are right in most of your accessments.... As a guy who knows this kid on a personal level....coached against him, see him in track...... he is not "quick".... I don't know his 40 time, but I do know that he is FAST.... Kid runs a tremendous 100 meters and as I posted is on state track medalist 110 shuttle hurdle team... The video you watched is against what many think is the 2nd best team in the state, and they are probably the "fastest" football team in the state. They are loaded with speed.

Yes, he is a stud at the lower (smaller) HS ranks, but this kid could play for any size HS and be a stud. I am very reasonable, and realistic. I have had studs, and am very honest when talking to college coaches. We have had All-State athletes whom I don't think can play D-3 ball, and I tell coaches that. Nate has DI talent and size.

But, he won't play RB or FB IMO... at least at a DI program. He is actually just as talented or better on defense. I could see him playing LB... probably MLB (Will) or maybe outside....... He is already 245, and is a speciman, but if he could pack another 25 lbs onto his 6'2 frame, with his speed and strength, he could be a force to handle on a speed rush from a DE spot.... He is a better athlete that Dominick Alvis (Iowa Hawkeyes), who was from small school Iowa, and now STARTS DE for the Hawkeyes as a sophomore. He injured his knee toward end of season.....

Sounds like Nate is looking at Iowa State though

Thanks for you response and input ... and for not viewing my comments as an attack on the kid ... sometimes you get that from folks on here ... especially when they know him. Does he have any passion to be a Husker? To me, alot of kids like this who have a passion for the :bigredn: on the side of their helmet really are special and make it at the next level. As you said, if D is an option, well that opens up his opportunities at a place like Nebraska, especially is he really wants to be :bigredn: