David, Dennard going to the Senior Bowl

knapplc

David, Dennard land Senior Bowl invites

by: Brian Christopherson

A year ago, Nebraska sent a nation-leading five players to the Senior Bowl: Roy Helu, Alex Henery, Niles Paul, Mike McNeill and Pierre Allen.

Not quite as many this year. It appears two Huskers have received invitations. According to an NU spokesman, Lavonte David and Alfonzo Dennard have both been invited to play in the game, which is scheduled for Jan. 28 in Mobile, Ala.

In addition, according to the NFLPABowl Twitter account, center Mike Caputo is planning to play in the AstroTurf NFLPA Bowl on Jan. 21 in Carson, Calif.

That game will be coached by former NFL coaches Dick Vermeil and Tom Flores.

I think Davids low stock could be due to many reasons. Maybe the demand for linebackers is low right now. His size. He lacks the big size to be that every down warrior in the NFL, but might lack the step to be a safety. One is accurate, he can certainly raise his stock once the people that matter start to see him on the field.

Well....aren't the "experts" saying that David isn't first-round material!? I beg to differ....yeah, I am being a bit biased lol, but the guy is a playmaker on defense. A team might pick him up late first round, never know.

I thought I saw him as a 3-4 rounder....

I think he deserves higher...but this is probably how the draft will pan out.