2011-12 Conference Bowl Results

Creed

So (besides the SEC) who had the best bowl season:

ACC - terrible; no big wins; UGLY loss for conf champ (#23 WVU over #15 Clemson).

B12 - nice record but only one win over a ranked team (#3 OSU over #4 Stanford); ugly loss Rutgers over ISU or B12 #2 KSU to SEC #3 Ark.

B1G - 4-6; #13 Mich over #11 VT and #17 MSU over #17 UGA, #10 Wisc played respectable vs #5 Oregon; Ugly loss #22 Penn State to #19 Houston

BE - Good wins by WVU and Cincy over Vandy; ugly loss Pitt to SMU - BE just doesn't have a lot of good bowl parings which benefits their record most years.

PAC - Terrible; Oregon won a game they should have; ugly loss Wash giving up 67 to Baylor.

If look below the surface, the B1G faired pretty well and the B12's record is a little inflated with easy match-ups. I would rank as follows

1. SEC

2. B12 & B1G tie

4. BE

5. PAC

6. ACC

So (besides the SEC) who had the best bowl season:

ACC - terrible; no big wins; UGLY loss for conf champ (#23 WVU over #15 Clemson).

B12 - nice record but only one win over a ranked team (#3 OSU over #4 Stanford); ugly loss Rutgers over ISU or B12 #2 KSU to SEC #3 Ark.

B1G - 4-6; #13 Mich over #11 VT and #17 MSU over #17 UGA, #10 Wisc played respectable vs #5 Oregon; Ugly loss #22 Penn State to #19 Houston

BE - Good wins by WVU and Cincy over Vandy; ugly loss Pitt to SMU - BE just doesn't have a lot of good bowl parings which benefits their record most years.

PAC - Terrible; Oregon won a game they should have; ugly loss Wash giving up 67 to Baylor.

If look below the surface, the B1G faired pretty well and the B12's record is a little inflated with easy match-ups. I would rank as follows

1. SEC

2. B12 & B1G tie

4. BE

5. PAC

6. ACC

I agree with that assessment...overall not a bad year for the Big Ten compared to the last couple, I'd still like to do better but we just get some tough bowls so it happens.

Yeah, I agree with what you say. The B12's number is inflated by having teams in crappy bowls. Here are the actual bowl records for this season.

C-USA (5) 4-1 .800

MAC (5) 4-1 .800

Big 12 (8) 6-2 .750

SEC (9) 6-3 .667

Big East (5) 3-2 .600

Ind. (2) 1-1 .500

Big Ten(10) 4-6 .400

MWC (5) 2-3 .400

Sun Belt (3) 1-2 .333

Pac-12 (7) 2-5 .286

ACC (8) 2-6 .250

WAC (3) -3 .000

LINK

If there was an ACC Network then ESPiN would be ripping the ACC right now.

Since 1998 the conference has TWO BCS wins and zero vs SEC,Big Ten,Big XII or Pac-10/12.

BCS wins were FSU vs VaTech and VaTech vs Cincinnati

Boise St and WVU have as many BCS wins as the entire ACC conference.

If they don't give us some kind of playoff or +1 at the very least they could get rid of AQ's all together. Many people say that the Big East should be stripped of their bid but they've won more than three times as many BCS games as the ACC. The ACC is just plain awful.

Since 1998 the conference has TWO BCS wins and zero vs SEC,Big Ten,Big XII or Pac-10/12.

If they don't give us some kind of playoff or +1 at the very least they could get rid of AQ's all together....

I don't know why we rip the Big East but don't the ACC. The Big East has more wins and BIGGER wins in BCS games(even after the Canes left)

The Big East is dead so they should lose their AQ bid.

The ACC will retain theirs because they have so much political power. UVA,Carolina,Duke,etc

It won't solve anything. Taking the Big East bid away is just a way of saying they will try to get 3 SEC teams in.

It won't solve anything. Taking the Big East bid away is just a way of saying they will try to get 3 SEC teams in.

Don't forget that it will also mean 3 B1G teams will be in the BCS/big four (whatever they end up calling it) bowls as often as not as well.

I'm fine with sneaking the occasional BCS bid if it means Big Ten teams get to share the extra money that adding a Nebraska or whoever to the BCS pool will bring.

Don't forget that Ohio State, TSUN, Nebraska & Penn State will generate more interest than any four SEC schools.

If they don't give us some kind of playoff or +1 at the very least they could get rid of AQ's all together....

I don't know why we rip the Big East but don't the ACC. The Big East has more wins and BIGGER wins in BCS games(even after the Canes left)

The Big East is dead so they should lose their AQ bid.

The ACC will retain theirs because they have so much political power. UVA,Carolina,Duke,etc

The ACC is like the Big East in that it is a basketball conference first then football. The Duke coach was talking about how great it would be to add PItt and Syracuse to the ACC for basketball even though they bring little to football.