Osborne likes traditional uniforms

Coach Osborne is a smart man. #statingtheobvious

Nothing is worse than this....

sp-terps6_33_1315282321.jpg

At least those MD uni's had some meaning (state flag), some of their uniforms worn later in the season were "uglier."

Of course, who would know since it was MD football.

I liked those uniforms because of the meaning. It seemed like a lot of people that hated them had no idea what the design meant. If my state had as cool a flag as Maryland's I'd love to see such uniforms...

I thought those uni's were one of the better one I saw.. Especially the helmets

Maryland uniforms, were different, but based on history of the state. Hard to say it was a bad idea for the residents of that state, but most thought of it as a response to Oregon, and I do not think that was the intention. An attempt at history and tradition, not an alien space ship landing with colorful robots invading. Oregon's uniform have no rhyme or reason other than obnoxious.

Rip on the Army all you want but ASU's are a huge improvement over the old dress greens...same with Multicam over UCP.

As for the corps...way to dress like you're about to go chase down Pancho Villa or something...those collars are sooo late 19th/early 20th century.

And trust me buddy they are the most uncomfortable things ever worn. But they are there from history/tradition. Leather Necks. Marines wore leather around their necks during sea battles to keep from being decapitated, IE the Dress Blue collar. The Marine Corps is nothing with out History and tradition. I am sure the Army, Navy have their little historical marks.

Staying with our traditional uniforms sends a bigger message than jumping on trends.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind seeing us with an alternate if there is a big game in the works for the sake of pumping up the players/fans and generating a buzz around the program. That would be a cool initiative IMO. My only request would be to stay away from black jerseys, that kind of takes away the significance of the Blackshirts if everyone on the team gets to wear them, if only for one game. I really enjoyed the retro uniforms from the 300th sellout game, those helmets were sharp. I liked the idea of honoring the troops. Maybe something incorporating agriculture? Not really the place to discuss my ideas is it?

So, as much as I'd like to see us come out of the tunnel with something fresh and exciting for once, I think it's making a bigger statement if we stick to our guns and don't jump on the fashion bandwagon like so many other schools.

The only schools that are changing their uniforms are those that have never won anything and are trying to attract attention to the school.

uhhhhhh no

OSU

ohiostatenikeuniform-4abe3a1b310cc8ec_large.jpg

UF

UniversityOfFloridaGatorsJerseysWithTheNikeOrangeSleevesThatLookedLikeAss.jpg

UGA

slideshow_1002254039_ugafoot.0904_bs3.JPG

LSU

lsunewuniformjpg-50f7d5d9e9956b8b.jpg

UM

UNIFORMS-thumb-590x391-87864.jpg

ND

tommyreese_display_image.jpg?1321146233

MSU

Michigan-State-Pro-Combat-Uniforms-7.jpg

UT

ncf_g_tennessee1_300.jpg

Bama

Story.jpg

Iowa State

iowa-state-new-uniforms.jpg

Of all of these, MSU's jerseys are by far the best. I'm definitely one for a black jersey like in Redout22's sig with the white pants and white helmets. It would still obviously be Nebraska on the field for any viewer watching the game that follows CFB. And if it helps to open the door with another recruit or two, why the hell would you NOT be in favor of those black jerseys? And for those of you who want a visual, here it is:

black.jpg

Personally I don't think black jerseys look that great on teams that don't normally wear black as a color. It usually comes out looking pretty crappy...UGA's were done well. Carolina and TTU also do some nice ones...but for all those teams black is a primary color. Can't quite say that with NU.

QMGKUEBCJTUTGUF.20091115033809.jpg

3590880100_b4bfa8cdf5.jpg

UGA+black.jpgRackMultipart.18343.0_display_image.jpg?1258687790westvirginipro_original_original_display_image.jpg?1283408170black_uni.jpgRackMultipart.6706.0_display_image.jpg?125868556893193385.jpg.10966.0_display_image.jpg?1258688452

Personally I don't think black jerseys look that great on teams that don't normally wear black as a color. It usually comes out looking pretty crappy...

westvirginipro_original_original_display_image.jpg?1283408170

Seriously? These are crappy? They look badass and honor their state's culture. What's crappy about those?

Also, I thought Georgia's black alternates fit pretty appropriately with their color scheme... :dunno

• Fire 1

Personally I don't think black jerseys look that great on teams that don't normally wear black as a color. It usually comes out looking pretty crappy...UGA's were done well. Carolina and TTU also do some nice ones...but for all those teams black is a primary color. Can't quite say that with NU.

QMGKUEBCJTUTGUF.20091115033809.jpg

3590880100_b4bfa8cdf5.jpg

UGA+black.jpgRackMultipart.18343.0_display_image.jpg?1258687790westvirginipro_original_original_display_image.jpg?1283408170black_uni.jpgRackMultipart.6706.0_display_image.jpg?125868556893193385.jpg.10966.0_display_image.jpg?1258688452

Are you serious? Pretty much every single one of those is sweet. Especially Rutgers and West Virginia. Tennessee's and Georgia's are pretty sweet too.

For me it all depends on how well they are done. Some of the semi throwback change ups have been cool, i.e. Michigan with the M on the front of the jersey.

In no way are Michigan's weird looking piles of crap "cool". They would be down there right above ND's sparkly glitter gold helmets and Maryland's diarrhea flag jerseys for me.