Osborne likes traditional uniforms

Badger, how would black jerseys go over in Wisconsin?

I dunno....never really thought about it. I don't think I'd like it but it wouldn't be that big a deal to me. I get how it would be a bigger deal for your fanbase with the blackshirt tradition and how that could be divisive. Some of you want to see black jerseys because of that and some want it to remain the same tradition it always has been...we don't have that. The best we get is the speed racer throwback (which I love by the way). People get more excited about Packer throwbacks. I dig the acme Packers regalia (though I know most of the country cringes) but think the old incarnation was better then the one we're using once or so a season now..

wiscon2005d.jpg

Packers (throwback throwback)

favre_1994throwback_back.jpg based on this 14.don.hutson_display_image.jpg?1288985115

and the current throwback

packersthrowback%2B2.jpg

Personally I don't think black jerseys look that great on teams that don't normally wear black as a color. It usually comes out looking pretty crappy...

westvirginipro_original_original_display_image.jpg?1283408170

Seriously? These are crappy? They look badass and honor their state's culture. What's crappy about those?

Also, I thought Georgia's black alternates fit pretty appropriately with their color scheme... :dunno

That's just my personal opinion. I mentioned that UGA's uniforms work a bit better since black is actually their secondary color. Overall WVU's didn't come out too bad but I'm not a fan...nice for one game but I don't want to see that for half their home games...but look at those and tell me that Miss. State, Tennessee and Tech's uniforms and tell me you like them because I think they're ugly as hell.

Anyhow, some Buckeye fan did a job on a picture kind of like you all have done here and I think a black uniform for them could come out looking really bad ass. For some reason I feel like they've already worn black I just can't find a picture...to my knowledge this isn't real...anyhow....

charcoal-vi.jpg

Personally I don't think black jerseys look that great on teams that don't normally wear black as a color. It usually comes out looking pretty crappy...

westvirginipro_original_original_display_image.jpg?1283408170

Seriously? These are crappy? They look badass and honor their state's culture. What's crappy about those?

Also, I thought Georgia's black alternates fit pretty appropriately with their color scheme... :dunno

That's just my personal opinion. I mentioned that UGA's uniforms work a bit better since black is actually their secondary color. Overall WVU's didn't come out too bad but I'm not a fan...nice for one game but I don't want to see that for half their home games...but look at those and tell me that Miss. State, Tennessee and Tech's uniforms and tell me you like them because I think they're ugly as hell.

Of course your entitled to your own opinion.

And yeah, I only like WVU and UGA out of the ones you mentioned. Rutgers is alright I guess..

Out of all the uniforms Nebraska has had in its glorious history, my all-time favorite Cornhusker uniforms were the ones we wore during the 2001 season. I loved how it subtly said "Nebraska" across the front, and I still wish we would bring back the red socks. These we very classy uniforms in my opinion.

crouch.jpg

• Fire 1

Seems like most every team in the Big XII (2010ish incarnation) has their team name across the front of their uniforms, that's less common in the Big Ten...Michigan State has it more subdued but Indiana and Minnesota display them prominently.

I know that was much more popular in the 80's/90's but I think it looks really cool if done right. Indiana's look pretty good...

937720.jpg

Much better than putting your logo twice across the chest like some team in our conference that shall remain named.

Minnesota+ugly-unis-minnesota.jpg

I find it hard to believe that a kid would comit to a school because the uniform looks cool.

Sadly, that's half of why I joined the Army... :facepalm:

Dont be to hard on yourself. I was in charge of a kid that joined the navy just because they had a disturbed song on one of their advertisements.

Out of all the uniforms Nebraska has had in its glorious history, my all-time favorite Cornhusker uniforms were the ones we wore during the 2001 season. I loved how it subtly said "Nebraska" across the front, and I still wish we would bring back the red socks. These we very classy uniforms in my opinion.

crouch.jpg

Agree. Maybe it would bring some of that magic with it.

We used to use tear away jerseys.But they were considersd unfair,for the schools that couldn't afford them.Isn't this an unfair recruiting advantage for some schools?

I don't think it would be because anyone can call Nike or UA up and say "hit us up". I mean if Wyoming can do it, who the hell couldn't?

Sigh. Why the f#*k am I arguing with you people...

Sigh. Why the f#*k am I arguing with you people...

You people? What do you mean, you people?

Why are you arguing with yourself? <_<

For comic relief. You know, sometimes I think you take yourself, and your moderator position on this board, a little too seriously.