2011 B1G Most Improved Players

I thought this was note-worthy! Nothing we didn't already know but nice to see our guy in the news once again! Read on:

Rex Burkhead, RB, Nebraska: Burkhead was good as a sophomore but often took a backseat to Roy Helu Jr. as he finished the season with 951 rushing yards and seven touchdowns. If there were any questions whether he could thrive as a feature back, Burkhead emphatically answered them with a 2011 showing in which he rushed for 1,357 yards and 15 touchdowns. He often carried the entire Huskers offense on his back.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/tag/_/name/2011-big-ten-most-improved

It would be so sweet if Rex could be nominated for the Heisman next year!!

Most improved? I dunno. I think it's just that Burkhead saw the field more in 2011 and was discovered by the rest of the B1G 10. Cornhusker fans have known how GREAT he was since he first set foot on campus. That's why he got tagged with the nickname 'Superman' by a lot of fans.

I hate that Rex is mentioned on list of most improved... IMO he coulda done this or better if Roy wasn't here. And the only reason he got better is because he wasn't a backup anymore.... This list is for starters that got significantly better. Cause you can't measure Roy as a backup with Roy as a starter it's ridiculous.

Me too. In fact, I almost didn't post the original post but I really like seeing our boys' names in print. I agree with the poster who said that the Heismen guys like alot of flash and while Rex can 'flash' down the field, he's pretty low key and doesn't like to call attention to himself. HOWEVER!! If anyone reflected what college football is all about-Rex is it!