Michael Rose's take on this years recruiting class

Turned out pretty good it appears. Some would say in the case of Suh the star value was short. Others would say it makes no difference what star rating they have. Being involved with building things, I have learned that you need quality parts, quality tools and good guidance to do a good job. Strange in my mind that seems the same things needed to be a winning program.

I wonder how many All Americans out there this year are sub 3 or NR. Would be fun to know. Or how many 4-5 star players are there.

I could care less about class rankings, I just want the best possible players we can get. The better we get and get them on the field we will get players down the road.

Bama, LSU, Oregon, USC and many others get their freshmen on the field and promise them they will play if they have what it takes. We have to move in that direction, until the pipeline is full and we have quality from 4th string to 1st string.

Bama, LSU, Ohio State and others are talking about their 14-15th 4-5 star player and we are getting excited about UR athletes at 190 pounds, that might (MIGHT) be a jewel.

It appears to me a top talent freshman in just about any spot could start on this team. NOT over REXMAN!!!!!!

These recruiting arguments crack me up. People who expect us to have top 5 recruiting classes are out of their minds. Even if we had the best recruiter in the history of mankind, he would still have to convince them to come and live in Nebraska. I like Nebraska, but I'm open-minded enough to realize that if I hadn't grown up here there is no way I would ever visit for a vacation. When we get a decent recruiting class, I'm happy. I'm not saying there aren't good things. We have great facilities, tradition, winning records lately, but lots of places that are much more enticing in other ways have those exact same things.

You can not have it both ways.

Recruit better or do better with what we have, coaching. One or the other.

Boise State has been doing it for quite a while. Coaching or recruiting, we are not on a level with Boise State, which is it.

Please bring any other team but Boise State into the discussion, or this is going to get two pages longer in about 5 minutes.

We don't need top recruits, we have great coaches

Boise does not have great recruits, but win.

For Nebraska what is the problem

We do not think we can get the top recruits, but still expect MNC from somewhere.

I say we do not put enough effort into recruiting, nor do we go after the top kids. Were not good enough for them to come here. Being an old Marine Recruiter you never get a yes unless you ask, over and over and over and over. The first no means nothing.

I say we have average coaches that are learning on our dime. And the time frame from MNC to current is getting longer and longer, less relevant.

Winning cures distance and local period.

Well fuzzy I'm gonna have to politely disagree with your take on Peat. While I humbly respect your opinion and when expressing my opinion i will try not to purposely discarding or disregarding your feelings on the matter. Everyone is entitled to their opinion! But are frigging kidding me here!?!?! We, and I'll try and dumb this down for everyone, abso-friggin-lutley NEED this guy!!! Want him yes of course. Need him, come on. Yoshi was our starting and by that parameter alone makes him our best left tackle. If the young guys aren't good enough to pass up yoshi on the depth chart then how good are we behind him. Andrus will start barring injury or something totally unexpected at the very latest, the start of conference play!!! Listen to me carefully. I understand you don't go into a recruits living room with promises of starting as a true freshman. It undermines all the work the guys on campus have put in for however long. But franchise left tackles!!! This guy will start at left tackle(behind QB the highest paid position in the NFL) for the next 10-15 years of his life!

I have no problem telling these type of kids at this position "come to Nebraska and start as soon as you got the playbook down. If we learned Nything from the bowl game with USCe, we found out what future NFL DEs will do to an average left tackle! And like I said yoshi was our best!!!

To sum up I want to win the Powerball! I need my monthly salary.

NU wants to win a national championship!! NU needs to win a B1G title!

Barney Cotton wants to keep his job!!! He needs Andrus Peat!!!

This stinks of desperation and frustration from a bowl game loss.