Michael Rose's take on this years recruiting class

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU pooping ME? BEST IN 2 DECADES?????????? What are you a 3rd grader? Do your homework before spouting something that far fetched. Even Tom Osborne had a number 1 rated recruiting class in 1985. Under no circumstances will this class go from 59th to the best NU recruitng class in 20 yrs. I'm predicting that this will be the worst class since Bob Devaney's first season. Thats pretty sad, but thats where we are with BO. Hope you'll be happy when we strike out on wednesday and all the walkon commits recieve the leftover scholly's..............goodnight

Goodnight dude. Try and wake up on the right side of the bed tomorrow.

Just so you know Hunter, 36 is still a HUGE EMBARRASMENT!!!

:facepalm: we shall see ... I think your wrong. You were wrong on the facts, you said 56 or something being six days out ... we are ranked higher already and we have a lot our there with a good finish. 36 is not an embarrassment at all. I'll take our average stars per recruit against many teams and I think this class ends up 15-20 in the nation.

We shall see. I won't gloat if I'm correct ... but man oh man ... the negativity of Husker fans just makes me ... :facepalm:

I'm predicting that this will be the worst class since Bob Devaney's first season. Thats pretty sad, but thats where we are with BO. Hope you'll be happy when we strike out on wednesday and all the walkon commits recieve the leftover scholly's..............goodnight

Man, you've got some balls! Worst class since Bob Devany's first season? Take that bet with you. How about a year ban from Huskerboard? Not only will we close strong but this walk-on class has some gems. Finally, a class is truly judged in 2-3 years ... so I'm gonna take what our staff produces with these guys over your rant any day.

Truly, why don't you just go away ... the red kool-aid really does have a nice taste. Add alcohol if you like. Reality is ... this is a Husker site sir ... can't you bleed any red? :facepalm:

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU pooping ME? BEST IN 2 DECADES?????????? What are you a 3rd grader? Do your homework before spouting something that far fetched. Even Tom Osborne had a number 1 rated recruiting class in 1985. Under no circumstances will this class go from 59th to the best NU recruitng class in 20 yrs. I'm predicting that this will be the worst class since Bob Devaney's first season. Thats pretty sad, but thats where we are with BO. Hope you'll be happy when we strike out on wednesday and all the walkon commits recieve the leftover scholly's..............goodnight

I'm predicting you don't know squat about cfb.

wow, and i thought i was negative, damn.......i lost the title!

• Fire 1

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU pooping ME? BEST IN 2 DECADES?????????? What are you a 3rd grader? Do your homework before spouting something that far fetched. Even Tom Osborne had a number 1 rated recruiting class in 1985.

What the hell does 1985 have to do with the last 2 decades? What are you a 3rd grader? Do your math homework before spouting something that irrelevent.

• Fire 1

Judge this class however you all want, but we haven't filled our one need, and that's in the backfield. Why do you think 37 offers are our to defensive backs? Everyone talks about the linebackers...but this class isn't meant to fill the spot vacated by David, or even the spots vacated by whaley/compton/fisher next year. That's last class and the year before. How many linebackers did we sign in those 2 classes? 1-2. Wonder why we might have issues there in 2013? That's why. How often do we have redshirt freshman starting? And how often does that work out well for us? Rarely. Those last 2 classes will force us to rely on young linebackers once again. This class is going to force us to rely on young DBs in 2014.

Recruiting is about projecting needs, not filling imediate needs. Bo's missed on that in some key areas IMO. We need defensive backs in this class. This is the class that will replace Green/Evans/SJB, etc. After those guys we have little to nothing at CB/DB. Seisay is meant to plug current holes, great, but we are going to have some gaping holes in the backfield 2 years from now. Josh Mitchell is the ONLY scholly CB on the roster that won't be gone in 2 years. Daniel Davie is the ONLY scholly DB on the roster in 2 years. Cooper/Jackson/Marsh are the only 3 safeties on scholly in 2 years. We are so thin in the backfield it's almost scarey.

That's 4-5 spots on the defense, and we'll have 5 upper classmen to fill them. That's scarey. And that's why this class - regardless of current star ranking...is thus far disapointing. We need 2-3 defensive backs to sign. If we miss, we're going to have issues down the road and we'll look back to this class, and last years class (1DB) as the reason our defense can't defend the pass.

I have to agree, kchusker_chris. A lot of our misses in the secondary have been disappointing. I'm surprised most people who trash the recruiting class don't really bring it up. Which, of course, leads me to believe they don't really follow recruiting.

Good thing Pelini usually hits a home run w/ his JUCO guys. We'll have a few of them coming in next year. Honestly I don't have much of a problem w/ that...I like the JUCO route when it's to fill specific holes, and not to try and save your a$$ as a head coach (see Ron Prince - K-State).

Judge this class however you all want, but we haven't filled our one need, and that's in the backfield. Why do you think 37 offers are our to defensive backs? Everyone talks about the linebackers...but this class isn't meant to fill the spot vacated by David, or even the spots vacated by whaley/compton/fisher next year. That's last class and the year before. How many linebackers did we sign in those 2 classes? 1-2. Wonder why we might have issues there in 2013? That's why. How often do we have redshirt freshman starting? And how often does that work out well for us? Rarely. Those last 2 classes will force us to rely on young linebackers once again. This class is going to force us to rely on young DBs in 2014.

Recruiting is about projecting needs, not filling imediate needs. Bo's missed on that in some key areas IMO. We need defensive backs in this class. This is the class that will replace Green/Evans/SJB, etc. After those guys we have little to nothing at CB/DB. Seisay is meant to plug current holes, great, but we are going to have some gaping holes in the backfield 2 years from now. Josh Mitchell is the ONLY scholly CB on the roster that won't be gone in 2 years. Daniel Davie is the ONLY scholly DB on the roster in 2 years. Cooper/Jackson/Marsh are the only 3 safeties on scholly in 2 years. We are so thin in the backfield it's almost scarey.

That's 4-5 spots on the defense, and we'll have 5 upper classmen to fill them. That's scarey. And that's why this class - regardless of current star ranking...is thus far disapointing. We need 2-3 defensive backs to sign. If we miss, we're going to have issues down the road and we'll look back to this class, and last years class (1DB) as the reason our defense can't defend the pass.

Your exactly right. Last year killed us with Michell (who started for Arkansas this year) and CJ not qualifiying. Now we have missed on out top dbs this year and its kind of scary. With all this talk of only taking 18 we need to take BOTH Ford and Shelton this year. Maybe part of the reason we told Curry no and maybe have to tell Lambert no as well. Juco will save us, but its still scary. Would be nice to have CJ and Tevin with us, things would look A LOT different right now.

Well said and a damn fine point.

However, my take (only) is that it's a matter of priorities. Bo is making whatever sacrifices that are needed to beef up the trenches bigtime, imo. Both sides of the big uglies have been getting numbers and quality the last couple of years and probably this year as well. It seems to me Bo has decided that winning the trench warfare is the strong priority #1 and then some.

Again, there's no arguing that your point is well stated and valid. But as you mention, there's the juco route available and my bet is that Bo is gambling with that to insure the pipelines are full.

Oh boy, we have some "very" serious line quality coming to play soon from the last two years recruiting. We'll see if that's true and a good gamble. I'm betting it is but.....who knows?

GBR!!

However, my take (only) is that it's a matter of priorities. Bo is making whatever sacrifices that are needed to beef up the trenches bigtime, imo. Both sides of the big uglies have been getting numbers and quality the last couple of years and probably this year as well. It seems to me Bo has decided that winning the trench warfare is the strong priority #1 and then some.

Again, there's no arguing that your point is well stated and valid. But as you mention, there's the juco route available and my bet is that Bo is gambling with that to insure the pipelines are full.

Oh boy, we have some "very" serious line quality coming to play soon from the last two years recruiting. We'll see if that's true and a good gamble. I'm betting it is but.....who knows?

GBR!!

A good DL will certainly help the backfield out. And an OL that can control the clock and pound the ball will keep pressure off our secondary as well (they won't be on the field).

There are 5 starting OL, 4 starting DL, and 5 starting DB (i include the peso as a starter). I think the positions should be recruited similar when it comes to numbers. The OL/DL get knicked up a little more than DBs, so I can see 1 less guy a class. But if we are going to take 3-4 OL every year, we need to be taking 3 DBs every year. We just haven't been doing that lately, and it's catching up. Especially when I think a DB's tallent is harder to judge than an OL. We seem to miss more in the backfield. See our QB situation (depth) right now as a prime example of what happens when you miss on a position multiple years in a row.

One thing we can count on is next year's class being large. That will give Pelini a chance to grab a few more JUCO's than usual. With 2013 looking like a prime year for the Huskers I think he should be able to sell the program well.

GBR!!

A good DL will certainly help the backfield out. And an OL that can control the clock and pound the ball will keep pressure off our secondary as well (they won't be on the field).

There are 5 starting OL, 4 starting DL, and 5 starting DB (i include the peso as a starter). I think the positions should be recruited similar when it comes to numbers. The OL/DL get knicked up a little more than DBs, so I can see 1 less guy a class. But if we are going to take 3-4 OL every year, we need to be taking 3 DBs every year. We just haven't been doing that lately, and it's catching up. Especially when I think a DB's tallent is harder to judge than an OL. We seem to miss more in the backfield. See our QB situation (depth) right now as a prime example of what happens when you miss on a position multiple years in a row.

One thing we can count on is next year's class being large. That will give Pelini a chance to grab a few more JUCO's than usual. With 2013 looking like a prime year for the Huskers I think he should be able to sell the program well.

Yep, I agree 2013 looks like our best chance to step up in a big way in a long, long time. But I think 2012 we'll start to see some more consistent line-play also.

Again, I hear ya and agree the numbers if continued aren't there and that's scary as hell. I just think Bo is betting the ranch for his career with stout line play and to some degree taking his chances with everything else. It's not a conventional or safe route to go but frankly I admire him having the guts to go for it.

As you say, next year's big class just "might" allow him to pull it off.