Michael Rose's take on this years recruiting class

Well fuzzy I'm gonna have to politely disagree with your take on Peat. While I humbly respect your opinion and when expressing my opinion i will try not to purposely discarding or disregarding your feelings on the matter. Everyone is entitled to their opinion! But are frigging kidding me here!?!?! We, and I'll try and dumb this down for everyone, abso-friggin-lutley NEED this guy!!! Want him yes of course. Need him, come on. Yoshi was our starting and by that parameter alone makes him our best left tackle. If the young guys aren't good enough to pass up yoshi on the depth chart then how good are we behind him. Andrus will start barring injury or something totally unexpected at the very latest, the start of conference play!!! Listen to me carefully. I understand you don't go into a recruits living room with promises of starting as a true freshman. It undermines all the work the guys on campus have put in for however long. But franchise left tackles!!! This guy will start at left tackle(behind QB the highest paid position in the NFL) for the next 10-15 years of his life!

I have no problem telling these type of kids at this position "come to Nebraska and start as soon as you got the playbook down. If we learned Nything from the bowl game with USCe, we found out what future NFL DEs will do to an average left tackle! And like I said yoshi was our best!!!

To sum up I want to win the Powerball! I need my monthly salary.

NU wants to win a national championship!! NU needs to win a B1G title!

Barney Cotton wants to keep his job!!! He needs Andrus Peat!!!

This stinks of desperation and frustration from a bowl game loss.

Stupidity is more like it. But staying on topic, our recruiting is looking very good to close out from here until signing day. If you read the Updated Recruiting Board topic in the recruiting forum, girlknowsfootball sums up the remaining targets just about every day. My only concern is CB. I would love to grab Shelton, and from his tape, I think he could be an instant contributor on defense, or at least special teams. We will see soon enough.

How bout you wake up! Another year or two??? How high are you?? Callahan was shitcanned after 4yrs, and his recruits were waaay better than Bo's. When are you gonna realize that we will NOT compete in the big 10 with 6-8 walkons starting every year. We are witnessing the demise of NU football under Bo Pelini. If this years recruiting class so far does not tell you that. "the star players" do not want to play for him, you are in a world of your own. WE have the best facilities on earth!!!!! The players here are treated like gods!!! Go ahead and blame it on the weather, or whatever you want, but the fact is, they are not going to come here and play for a loose cannon like Pelini. He gets pisssed at a guy and benches him, burns redshirts and they never see the field again...Would you want your kid to play at NU right now? Basically you have a high school assistant coaching staff also. We are being made fun of by the real college football programs.............thats a fact!

ssssuuurrre it is....riggghhhht.

How about I claim the following statement is a fact:

another post by a myopic 17 year old video gamer- just as factual as anything you said-

BTW Bo has had how many losing seasons?

I think it'll take a lot for him to get over the effects of the dungpile of a coach that came before him

I was looking at the Top 25 recruiting classes for this past year-2011-NU was #17. Cool. The 2012 rankings aren't finished yet of course. Who knows!? I just hope we get the players we need. Bo can coach them up. We just need to get them here. Just an aside: For folks who are ranting/raving about the fact that Bo can't recruit and that parents don't want their kids playing for him-sorry but you're mistaken. The recruits themselves tell how cool Bo is and how he's a down to earth guy -tells it like it is. Parents appreciate that kind of honesty. Also remember that Bo isn't the only coach on the team. There are other coaches from NU that are out recruiting too-Guys like Ron Brown, Coach Beck. I think it's going to be exciting to see how we play next year. GBR!

I was looking at the Top 25 recruiting classes for this past year-2011-NU was #17. Cool. The 2012 rankings aren't finished yet of course. Who knows!? I just hope we get the players we need. Bo can coach them up. We just need to get them here. Just an aside: For folks who are ranting/raving about the fact that Bo can't recruit and that parents don't want their kids playing for him-sorry but you're mistaken. The recruits themselves tell how cool Bo is and how he's a down to earth guy -tells it like it is. Parents appreciate that kind of honesty. Also remember that Bo isn't the only coach on the team. There are other coaches from NU that are out recruiting too-Guys like Ron Brown, Coach Beck. I think it's going to be exciting to see how we play next year. GBR!

Probably because we took four 4 star rated Offensive linemen last year. If i remember correctly it was regarded the best OL recruited from any school.

It was stated just the other day on the Finebaum program that every team to win the MNC in the last ten years, had a top two recruiting class within two years of winning the championship. That pretty much means something.

I think we have a pretty good class, nothing special, unless Peat comes. But thinking we have these great coaches that turn 2 star players into giant killers is just wrong. Bo has been here about the same amount of time as Saben at Bama, 2 NC and we have won the Big 12 North twice. What is the difference. Better coach, yes. Better talent by miles. (no pun intended). Where will each finish next year, Bama top 5 most likely and hopefully Nebraska will be in the top 15. That is along reach in talent and theirs just keeps getting better and better and we keep just getting average to average.

I am not saying we will ever recruit like Bama or USC, LSU, but we should be able to recruit like Michigan and Ohio State, maybe even Oklahoma. We have major work to do on the recruiting front it seems to me. But this is a good class with quality players, but we need to get 25 of them to even have a chance of closing ground on the elite.

As Saben says, nothing, not practice, not schemes, not coaches, are more important than recruiting, 365 days a year it is his number one priority.

This is what makes me chuckle when I see people say "stars don't mean anything, it's all about coaching". That may be so, but the interesting part is we have mostly unproven coaches on the staff. Well, I guess the o-line coaches have proven themselves to be worthless, but other than that, mostly inexperienced coaches. So, what makes people think these coaches can take a two or even a three star player and make them All-Americans? Wouldn't it be easier to make a four or five star player into an All-American, especially with a bunch of inexperienced coaches?

It was stated just the other day on the Finebaum program that every team to win the MNC in the last ten years, had a top two recruiting class within two years of winning the championship. That pretty much means something.

I think we have a pretty good class, nothing special, unless Peat comes. But thinking we have these great coaches that turn 2 star players into giant killers is just wrong. Bo has been here about the same amount of time as Saben at Bama, 2 NC and we have won the Big 12 North twice. What is the difference. Better coach, yes. Better talent by miles. (no pun intended). Where will each finish next year, Bama top 5 most likely and hopefully Nebraska will be in the top 15. That is along reach in talent and theirs just keeps getting better and better and we keep just getting average to average.

I am not saying we will ever recruit like Bama or USC, LSU, but we should be able to recruit like Michigan and Ohio State, maybe even Oklahoma. We have major work to do on the recruiting front it seems to me. But this is a good class with quality players, but we need to get 25 of them to even have a chance of closing ground on the elite.

As Saben says, nothing, not practice, not schemes, not coaches, are more important than recruiting, 365 days a year it is his number one priority.

This is what makes me chuckle when I see people say "stars don't mean anything, it's all about coaching". That may be so, but the interesting part is we have mostly unproven coaches on the staff. Well, I guess the o-line coaches have proven themselves to be worthless, but other than that, mostly inexperienced coaches. So, what makes people think these coaches can take a two or even a three star player and make them All-Americans? Wouldn't it be easier to make a four or five star player into an All-American, especially with a bunch of inexperienced coaches?

The problem with that is if you take a 4 or 5 star talent and put them an inexperienced coach, you run the risk of not getting an All-American player due to inexperience coaching.

I thought our biggest need in this class was LB, and the staff has done a damn fine job there. Little disappointed on some of the secondary guys we've missed on, hopefully Charles Jackson can make the grade. That would help alot. Peat's the big fish we *need* to land, and I think we have a fantastic shot at getting him.

Don't get me wrong, Andrus Peat would be a GREAT get in this recruiting class. But i kind of feel that he is more of a want rather than a need. We have a lot of young talent on the offensive line and i realize that Peat is a 5 star recruit, but i hope people realize that even if Peat does come here, he has a lot of depth to work his way on to the field. I get the notion that a bunch of you only want Peat here for the recruiting class rating or to be able to say this recruiting class is a success because we took a highly rated player.

I guess i just feel that our needs should be elsewhere.

Are there any OTs besides Sirles and Moore that have any significant amount of experience? I don't think I'd consider that a lot of depth. Peat has a chance to play right away, and if he is as good as advertised, he will. We need talent like that on our offensive line. We've needed it for a decade.

I thought our biggest need in this class was LB, and the staff has done a damn fine job there. Little disappointed on some of the secondary guys we've missed on, hopefully Charles Jackson can make the grade. That would help alot. Peat's the big fish we *need* to land, and I think we have a fantastic shot at getting him.

Don't get me wrong, Andrus Peat would be a GREAT get in this recruiting class. But i kind of feel that he is more of a want rather than a need. We have a lot of young talent on the offensive line and i realize that Peat is a 5 star recruit, but i hope people realize that even if Peat does come here, he has a lot of depth to work his way on to the field. I get the notion that a bunch of you only want Peat here for the recruiting class rating or to be able to say this recruiting class is a success because we took a highly rated player.

Are there any OTs besides Sirles and Moore that have any significant amount of experience? I don't think I'd consider that a lot of depth. Peat has a chance to play right away, and if he is as good as advertised, he will. We need talent like that on our offensive line. We've needed it for a decade.

If that is the case, then what are all those other guys still doing on the team? If Peat makes an immediate impact, we need to take a long look at dismissing players from the offensive line and bring in more highly touted 5 star offensive linemen then.

The problem with that is if you take a 4 or 5 star talent and put them an inexperienced coach, you run the risk of not getting an All-American player due to inexperience coaching.

Right, and this has been my peeve as it relates to Pelini. He is inexperienced as a head coach himself, so I would think he would want to surround himself with assistant coaches with experience in coaching and gameplanning. Instead, he has decided to just promote his "buddies" rather than looking for the most qualified individual that meshes with what he wants to do (both on offense and defense). It may work, but it also has a good probability of sinking like the Titantic. Only time will tell.

Right, and this has been my peeve as it relates to Pelini. He is inexperienced as a head coach himself, so I would think he would want to surround himself with assistant coaches with experience in coaching and gameplanning. Instead, he has decided to just promote his "buddies" rather than looking for the most qualified individual that meshes with what he wants to do (both on offense and defense). It may work, but it also has a good probability of sinking like the Titantic. Only time will tell.

:facepalm:

It really doesn't matter the quality of the players if it takes them 2+ years to see the field and actually play at a "knowledgeable" level ie Cassidy/O'Hanlon. This is not a knock on them, but even Bo stated they are starting because they "know" the system and can be the field general.

I really think that Bo needs to "dumb" down the system on both sides of the ball and get the guys he recruited on the field sooner than later. For example, we run like a million different looks on O, but I have no idea what the he$$ we run well. We need to find an identity ASAP (on O) and get very, very good at a few things that the current kids can execute in their sleep regardless what the opposing D throws at them.

Same with the D. Look at what Bo accomplished in 2003 w/out his recruits. +23 TO margin (led nation), 32 INT's (record) 40+ take aways (record). He did this with a D he had just inherited, with guys he didn't recruit. I would like to see this simplified, ball hawking D come back.

George Darlington might have been an a-hole and he might have had an issue or two with wanting to bench some NFL talent but he was a damn gifted guy when it came to teaching the DBs to make reads. A lot of the ball hawk was already in thonse guys. They were smart and very gifted and that allowed Bo to teach his defense well. Sanders was good at making football fun. I think that's something we need to remember at times. Football is fun.

do you think Bo could make football fun?

he did his first two years before all the assbag fans and some boosters wanted him to change. I don't think Bo had very much fun last year. I hope he is able to brush off the douches in the media and just get back to being with his guys.

:thumbs

:facepalm:

If that is the case, then what are all those other guys still doing on the team? If Peat makes an immediate impact, we need to take a long look at dismissing players from the offensive line and bring in more highly touted 5 star offensive linemen then.

Well that's a dumb idea.