Michael Rose's take on this years recruiting class

The chance to prove it on the field will come soon enough. For the next 12 days, Rose will be wearing that recruiting hat, doing his best sales pitch for his future team.

And when it's all said and done, he thinks Nebraska fans are going to like what this class looks like. "Some Husker fans complain that we're reaching and not getting guys they really want, but I think if Husker fans just wait a little bit longer they'll realize that we got a really good class," Rose said. "I don't think the stars or ratings will matter. ... You bring in a two-star, he's going to come out a four or five-star product. That's all that matters. It's not what comes in, it's what comes out."

I LIKE the sound of that teaser. I guess we just need to wait and see what unfolds in the next couple of weeks.

If you read the rest of his quote, you'll realize he's spewing the same tripe that Bo does. STARS DON'T MATTER! We're gonna make even the schlubs awesome!

Doesn't happen

Stars do matter.*

They're just hard to get.

We do what we can, and make a positive out of the situation.

I think we can do more but I can't fault Bo too much for putting it that way

*-rather, talent, which isn't exactly aligned with stars. just a better percentage of the time. put it this way, instead of stars, say "our top choices if the question of getting them here were not an issue at all"

reality............First year of Bo's own recruits,....4 invited to the NFL combine....9 last year(Callahan recruits), that IS the final measurement!

Bo's 1st year was a disaster recruiting due to the firing mess that almost always happens with those scenarios. It's grossly unfair to judge him by that year "or" the silly NFL combines. NU is "not" a NFL minor league program and NFL draft ratings have zero to do with anything.

reality............First year of Bo's own recruits,....4 invited to the NFL combine....9 last year(Callahan recruits), that IS the final measurement!

Bo's 1st year was a disaster recruiting due to the firing mess that almost always happens with those scenarios. It's grossly unfair to judge him by that year "or" the silly NFL combines. NU is "not" a NFL minor league program and NFL draft ratings have zero to do with anything.

Not to mention, our starting lineup had a lot more youth this year than last. When you have more upperclassmen starting, chances are you're going to have more guys invited to the combine.

AAAAANNNNDDDD when you consider that Gomes and Rickey Henery were Bos recruits you can drop 2 from the "callys recruits column" and add 2 to big bad Bo's making it:

Bo 6

Cally 7

Not to mention Bo and staff coached up every single one of em..sooooo what now?

AAAAANNNNDDDD when you consider that Gomes and Rickey Henery were Bos recruits you can drop 2 from the "callys recruits column" and add 2 to big bad Bo's making it:

Bo 6

Cally 7

Not to mention Bo and staff coached up every single one of em..sooooo what now?

Exactly. Phillip Dillard sucked until Bo and his staff coached him up.

never said callahan was a great coach, but he was a great recruiter.........you have to have them on campus to have a chance......how do you feel bout NU being ranked 59th with only 6 days left to go until sighning day? I'm almost 45, and in my lifetime NU has never been ranked that low in recruiting. Don't give me this "small class" crap, 19-21 is not a small class..........we have today, more walkon commits than scholly commits...........not gonna win too many b10 titles or BCS games............its reallity...........

never said callahan was a great coach, but he was a great recruiter.........you have to have them on campus to have a chance......how do you feel bout NU being ranked 59th with only 6 days left to go until sighning day? I'm almost 45, and in my lifetime NU has never been ranked that low in recruiting. Don't give me this "small class" crap, 19-21 is not a small class..........we have today, more walkon commits than scholly commits...........not gonna win too many b10 titles or BCS games............its reallity...........

rivals has us at #36 now.......watch that reality word.....it is dangerous and not well received.

And you realize with the caliber of the recruits that we are expecting to pull in between now and Wednesday, we will easily be in the top 25 right?...

Cross just committed

Valentine, Ford, Shelton, Peat, Smith, Moore, and possibly Fuller will be rounding out this class. And you never know about Quanzell Lambert now after Schiano left Rutgers. And then Beaver may be a total surprise commit, though I doubt it, and Bourque could also be a late snag by the coaches.

PATIENCE

hey shark, i've been following recruiting since blue chip magazine.........it was way before the internet, my experience with NU recruiting is that we rarely, and i mean rarely, pull in our top choicies the last 5 days of recruiting...............and even if we do hit on all the noncommitted guys, we still wont even sniff what michigan and ohio st have committed!

hey shark, i've been following recruiting since blue chip magazine.........it was way before the internet, my experience with NU recruiting is that we rarely, and i mean rarely, pull in our top choicies the last 5 days of recruiting...............and even if we do hit on all the noncommitted guys, we still wont even sniff what michigan and ohio st have committed!

Then maybe you should stop worrying about ratings or whatever it is that you worry about. If this class finishes like it appears to be finishing, it could be one of the best recruiting classes in almost 2 decades at Nebraska. Once again:

PATIENCE

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU pooping ME? BEST IN 2 DECADES?????????? What are you a 3rd grader? Do your homework before spouting something that far fetched. Even Tom Osborne had a number 1 rated recruiting class in 1985. Under no circumstances will this class go from 59th to the best NU recruitng class in 20 yrs. I'm predicting that this will be the worst class since Bob Devaney's first season. Thats pretty sad, but thats where we are with BO. Hope you'll be happy when we strike out on wednesday and all the walkon commits recieve the leftover scholly's..............goodnight