Buckeyes at the Bob.........

Comish

Honestly this may be the most embarrassing box score I have ever seen

Nebraska FG FT Rb Min Pts Brandon Ubel 2-3 4-5 8 24 8 Toney McCray 2-10 0-0 6 30 5 Brandon Richardson 2-6 2-4 5 25 6 Bo Spencer 2-8 4-4 0 28 8 Caleb Walker 1-4 2-4 6 23 4 David Rivers 0-1 0-0 0 7 0 Josiah Moore 2-2 0-0 0 5 5 Corey Hilliard, Jr. 0-1 1-2 1 7 1 Christopher Niemann 0-0 0-0 0 2 0 Jore Brian Diaz 0-3 0-0 4 21 0 Dylan Talley 2-6 2-2 5 25 7 Mike Fox 0-0 1-2 1 3 1 TEAM 3 Totals 13-44 16-23 39 200 45

Three-pointers--3-17 (McCray 1-5, Richardson 0-3, Spencer 0-5, Walker 0-1, Rivers 0-1, Moore 1-1, Talley 1-1).Field-goal percentage--29.5. Team fouls--25. Fouled out--Richardson, Spencer. Assists--8 (Richardson 2, Spencer 2).Turnovers--27. Steals--5 (McCray 2, Richardson 2). Blocked shots--3 (Diaz 2).A--11,439

I will in this blowout give a little shout out to Ubel. I actually thought he played well and banged with Sullenger quite well at times last night.

This has been the difference between Nebraska and good teams for quite some time now. SHOOTING. We miss open 3 after open 3, and other teams (Kansas always drove me nuts, and now it looks to be Ohio St) come down and time and time again can'em with hands in there face. Then the other instance. We're down 6, Talley get an off. rebound and misses literally a lay up point blank. We get a stop, get the ball back, and he does it again. Off. rebound and a point blank miss. Ohio St. comes down hits a three. We turn it over they hit another 3. It's vintage Nebrasketball. Deficit shoulda been cut to 6, but now less than 2 minutes later we're down 16.

Lastly, and I know we were overmatched but this is why I just cant stand watching much basketball anymore is the damn officiating. It's so inconsistent and for some reason they just wanna be such a bit part of the game anymore, and it's too easy to conceivably protect your big dogs in hoops (kU, texas in big 12, and now Ohio st. etc in big 10) They kept raggin on Spencer for not adjusting his play to how the game was being officiated, but 2 seconds later a buck hooks Ubels arm and pulls him off the floor so a teammate can get a rebound and easy dunk. How are you supposed to adjust your play when they call love taps at one end and then allow them to play football seconds later at the other. It's a problem at all levels. Basketball officiating sucks and is so inconsistant and biased that it's vomit worthy.

Agree the officiating was horrible.............but when we are SO bad (no player with more than 2 field goals...??)..................we aren't going to get any calls. Even more pathetic is how the officials gave us some calls late to make it look like it wasn't one-sided. (That little pointy-headed midget ref was absolutely atrocious). But, again, it looks pretty pathetic when we are hammered this bad and still whine about the officiating. (me included)

Doc's team held their own against tOSU, but then staggered at the end with turnovers and no scoring to blow the game. Unfortunately the end for us came with 56 minutes left to play in the game.

Damn NUance...based on this thread I would've thought you'd still be in an alcohol induced coma. Impressive resilience! :lol:

How you gentleman feel this fine morning?

It's a Tylenol Sunday. Fortunately, my five years at UNL prepared me for situations like this. I was up at 4:30am and in to work by 5:30 to finish up a project I need by Monday. Back home by 9:00 to take the family to church. I did pretty well until about midway through the sermon when I fell asleep for a 10 minute catnap. Then a little nap with the baby after lunch, and I ready for NFL playoffs.

Lesson learned: Never play a drinking game on one of Docs teams. And NEVER try to out-drink Paul Crewe. :lol:

I didn't see it mentioned, but maybe I just missed it. Did anyone else notice when it was time to put in the scrubs, OSU had 2 McDonald's All Americans playing and Nebraska had Niemann and MIke Fox... pretty awesome

But Mike Fox is a Dairy Queen All American, and an All American to all the average Joe's across America.

Neimann..........well he probably would do well in a game made up of lunch recess kids. It'd be the heighth that would get the third graders.