How good can we be with TM under center next year?

G0B1GRED

Well True I think you have a much higher ranking than I do on the Ahole club.

Again it goes back to coaching. If the head coach does not give all a fair shot, that is the way it is. If he does not think Taylor is doing the job and continues to put him a no win situation, that again is on the head coach.

I have no idea if Carnes is the answer, but he will never play until Bo says he does, same with Taylor he will be the starter until Bo decides he is not. None of the players have any control over play time. They only do the best they can, and hope that is their best is good enough to play at Nebraska.

Continual harping on the kids about their abilities is a waste of time. Go to the source and that is where the problem lies if there is a problem.

I think Taylor is doing an adequate job, with the surrounding players. Better surrounding players, Oline, WR's, a back for a break to see the field during a game, more back up running backs to keep Rex fresh. A far better D, which is the center piece of Bo's expertise would make a big difference.

We have been let down by coaching more so than any player on the field. If you do not see that, and want to continue bashing 18-22 year old kids for doing the best they can, continue. But from one Ahole to another, if you have to hate, put it in the right place. The kids talent is not the problem with this team. It is the proper use of that talent that is the base problem. Hopefully that will get better as all learn their jobs and limits. Bo has the most to learn on limits. Good guy, just trying to do to much.

For the most part I think you're right. Two thoughts:

1) Pelini has tried to get backup RB's to spell Rex. Unfortunately they make Rex work harder than he should with all their fumbles.

2) Most of the time the 18-22 year olds are doing the best they can. Unfortunately on more than one occasion they've been known to quit in-game, and that's by the player's own admissions. Is that on the coach for lack of motivation or personnel issues? Or is it on the players' themselves? Maybe both.

Again it goes back to coaching. If the head coach does not give all a fair shot, that is the way it is. If he does not think Taylor is doing the job and continues to put him a no win situation, that again is on the head coach.

I have no idea if Carnes is the answer, but he will never play until Bo says he does, same with Taylor he will be the starter until Bo decides he is not. None of the players have any control over play time. They only do the best they can, and hope that is their best is good enough to play at Nebraska.

Continual harping on the kids about their abilities is a waste of time. Go to the source and that is where the problem lies if there is a problem.

I think Taylor is doing an adequate job, with the surrounding players. Better surrounding players, Oline, WR's, a back for a break to see the field during a game, more back up running backs to keep Rex fresh. A far better D, which is the center piece of Bo's expertise would make a big difference.

We have been let down by coaching more so than any player on the field. If you do not see that, and want to continue bashing 18-22 year old kids for doing the best they can, continue. But from one Ahole to another, if you have to hate, put it in the right place. The kids talent is not the problem with this team. It is the proper use of that talent that is the base problem. Hopefully that will get better as all learn their jobs and limits. Bo has the most to learn on limits. Good guy, just trying to do to much.

I think we are pretty much in complete agreement. Trust me, the staff is failing Taylor more than Taylor is failing anybody. My comments about Taylor are mostly sarcastic, but I truly do want a change at QB, and don't think Taylor is or ever will be a very good college QB. It's just my opinion and I have a right to it. I'm a Brion Carnes fan, I have been from day one. We will all like the guy too if he ever gets the job and takes this team to the top level they can achieve. Some people seem to stand by Taylor like there is no one else. Hell Bo Pelini won't even let reporters ask questions about the kid which is pretty pathetic. Someday someone else will take this QB spot, and I think we will be better off when it happens. That's not too brutal, it's just a fact. Hell, Tommy Armstrong might just come in pass both Taylor and Brion by.

I think we are pretty much in complete agreement. Trust me, the staff is failing Taylor more than Taylor is failing anybody. My comments about Taylor are mostly sarcastic, but I truly do want a change at QB, and don't think Taylor is or ever will be a very good college QB. It's just my opinion and I have a right to it. I'm a Brion Carnes fan, I have been from day one. We will all like the guy too if he ever gets the job and takes this team to the top level they can achieve. Some people seem to stand by Taylor like there is no one else. Hell Bo Pelini won't even let reporters ask questions about the kid which is pretty pathetic. Someday someone else will take this QB spot, and I think we will be better off when it happens. That's not too brutal, it's just a fact. Hell, Tommy Armstrong might just come in pass both Taylor and Brion by.

i am not sure why, but i see Bo worshipping at the Martinez throne for the duration........he starts until he is gone......hell, maybe they have the same salt water aquarium guy or trade fish weekly.........i dunno, but for better or worse TM will be under center for 2 more years......sigh

:facepalm: is all I have to say about either of these posts.

Listen, you guys are both entitled to your opinions about Taylor or Bo or whatever, but there's a reason that the majority of people on this board give you guys such a hard time when you post things. There are so many holes in your arguments, and half of the time, you talk about things that aren't even happening. Then you try and back it up with a sense of egocentrism like you know more about football than our coaches who are getting paid the big bucks to win football games. We've won 9 or more games in each of the last 4 seasons!! Texas, Oklahoma, and Ohio State can't even do that with their boat-loads of talent that is superior to what we have at the moment here at NU. So Bo and Taylor must be doing something right...

• Fire 4

i am not sure why, but i see Bo worshipping at the Martinez throne for the duration........he starts until he is gone......hell, maybe they have the same salt water aquarium guy or trade fish weekly.........i dunno, but for better or worse TM will be under center for 2 more years......sigh

I have the same sickening feeling and I just don't understand it. 2 more years of this? Ugh. It seems like that so called open battle for every position just doesn't apply to Taylor. There has to be a story behind that because Bo just gets his nostrils flaring instantly if Taylor is even mentioned. Strange sh#t for sure. I will be pleasantly surprised if someone else gets the job. That, or Taylor makes some sort of magical jump from his sophomore to junior year. They say that's the year it happens so we will see. Beck could develop an offensive system that suits Taylor somehow, but an offense with no balance is not likely to be successful against top tier defenses. Every team knows who Taylor is and what his limitations are.

:facepalm: is all I have to say about either of these posts.

Listen, you guys are both entitled to your opinions about Taylor or Bo or whatever, but there's a reason that the majority of people on this board give you guys such a hard time when you post things. There are so many holes in your arguments, and half of the time, you talk about things that aren't even happening. Then you try and back it up with a sense of egocentrism like you know more about football than our coaches who are getting paid the big bucks to win football games. We've won 9 or more games in each of the last 4 seasons!! Texas, Oklahoma, and Ohio State can't even do that with their boat-loads of talent that is superior to what we have at the moment here at NU. So Bo and Taylor must be doing something right...

Trust me, if you've heard anything I've said in the past, 9 wins is a damn decent year. I've said we should get used to it. There are plenty of teams that Nebraska can beat playing at the level they are. I just still dream about us being at least in the conversation of the elite teams again. Right now, you don't even hear the University of Nebraska mentioned in the national media. I kind of liked the days when we were considered a dominant program. 9 wins is good. We won't win NC's or probably not even CC's with the level we are playing at, but hey, it wasn't a terrible year. Would like to win those bowl games though. Washington last year and SC this year leaves a bad taste in your mouth for a long off season.

Sue me for thinking after 9-4,10-4, and 10-4 seasons that maybe in Bo's 4th year we might take a step to the next level. Sheesh what the hell is wrong with me for thinking that?

As far as people giving me a hard time for some of my comments, I really don't care. I have just as many people who understand the things I'm saying. The people that don't oh well. I could be wrong and completely off base. You could be wrong too though. Fact is, nobody outside of those doors really really knows what the problem is. Even some of the people on the inside can't even figure out what is stopping this team from progressing. Fact is, this team is struggling to take that next step. Young players, and first time coaches may not help the situation. We will see. Trust me though friend, I can handle getting a hard time for my comments on a message board. I have far bigger battles in my life than that.

Pesonally I could care less what anyone thinks about my opinions. I have listened to all the others, such as the ones we will be winning MNC in Bo's 5th season, we will win the Big 10 due to our speed and athletisism. We recruit who we want, not who others tell us are better. 12 win seasons, the best defense in the country, and on and on and on. You are fans, not normal is the meaning I guess. I am just what it is. We have seen nothing in the past four years to indicate this is a championship team, nothing to indicate we can play with elite teams, nothing to indicate the staff truly has plan and the parts are coming together, nothing to indicate a desire to take the next step in top of the line coaching.

So I will look at things, make my predictions, listen to all rail on me, and then when the year is over, we are standing at 9-4 or worse, will know that my predictions were correct and all the name callers will be whining about one player or another or a certain coach or another, when the only one to blame is the Head Coach

This has happened for about the last ten years, far closer to right than most likely 90% percent on here. So go ahead and explain how correct you are, tell me about all the wins, the MNC, the CCG we will win, how we actually have out recruited Ohio State, Michigan, how are head coach is so much better than anyone else. Maybe Michigan would trade Brady for Bo.

How next year, losing three of the best defensive players, we will rise to the top of the defensive categorys because Bo wills us there, how his return to coaching will take players hardly recruited by top programs will grow into these monsters, and then again in January I will look at the results,, and it will be 9-4, routed by Michigan, Ohio State, SEC bowl team and to an unknow that got blew out the week before.

Your right no question, I am wrong. So bet it.

This thread, and conversation, is so myopic. It's shameful that the collective understanding of the game being displayed here boils down to "We lost games, let's change quarterbacks."

Put Andrew Luck behind this line and we still lose to Michgan, Wisconsin and Northwestern. Most likely to South Carolina, too.

I think for a certain portion of the posters here that's as deep as they can hack. Really, it's that simple.

knapplc, da skers, Hercules, Enhance, etc, etc can try to explain to those guys that there's more to winning in cfb than just the qb but they just can't grasp it. So, they'll always be convinced that our qb is "the problem" and if only Bo & Beck could be smart enough to start our 2nd string qb or a new recruit who hasn't taken one snap of cfb.....well, then we're instantly top 5 or better and that's that.

I'm slowly learning that it's futile trying to get through to them so the ignore routine is the only way.

• Fire 2

This thread, and conversation, is so myopic. It's shameful that the collective understanding of the game being displayed here boils down to "We lost games, let's change quarterbacks."

Put Andrew Luck behind this line and we still lose to Michgan, Wisconsin and Northwestern. Most likely to South Carolina, too.

I think for a certain portion of the posters here that's as deep as they can hack. Really, it's that simple.

knapplc, da skers, Hercules, Enhance, etc, etc can try to explain to those guys that there's more to winning in cfb than just the qb but they just can't grasp it. So, they'll always be convinced that our qb is "the problem" and if only Bo & Beck could be smart enough to start our 2nd string qb or a new recruit who hasn't taken one snap of cfb.....well, then we're instantly top 5 or better and that's that.

I'm slowly learning that it's futile trying to get through to them so the ignore routine is the only way.

I think it's funny how most people here have tried to make the QB position as simple as, wow, that guy runs really fast when he has a wide open hole and doesn't have to juke anybody. Let's slap him in at QB and go with it! LOL. It must be the offensive lines fault that he didn't break all those 60 yard runs this year right? I mean, forget read and recogniton capabilities. Pocket presence. Ball delivery, timing, ability to extend a passing play with your feet. The guys FAST! Who cares about the other stuff! I don't know why every defense loaded 9 guys in the box on us all year? What offensive line in the country can't block 9 guys every down? It's sooooo easy to do. Taylor had his one solid season. His freshman year was excellent. You think maybe, just maybe defenses figured out exactly what he is and how to stop him.

You ride the Taylor bandwagon, that's fine. I hope the kid wins every single game for us next year. All I'm saying is that, he won't win every game for us. If he plays the next 2 years we should not expect a NC in Nebraska. I am telling you that I am a Brion Carnes fan, ( Tommy Armstrong too.) I am hoping one of those two takes the job next year and shows everyone what this team is capable of. It's not hard to grasp. I'm a Carnes fan, your a Taylor fan. Boo hoo get over it.

I think it's funny how most people here have tried to make the QB position as simple as, wow, that guy runs really fast when he has a wide open hole and doesn't have to juke anybody. Let's slap him in at QB and go with it! LOL. It must be the offensive lines fault that he didn't break all those 60 yard runs this year right? I mean, forget read and recogniton capabilities. Pocket presence. Ball delivery, timing, ability to extend a passing play with your feet. The guys FAST! Who cares about the other stuff! I don't know why every defense loaded 9 guys in the box on us all year? What offensive line in the country can't block 9 guys every down? It's sooooo easy to do. Taylor had his one solid season. His freshman year was excellent. You think maybe, just maybe defenses figured out exactly what he is and how to stop him.

You ride the Taylor bandwagon, that's fine. I hope the kid wins every single game for us next year. All I'm saying is that, he won't win every game for us. If he plays the next 2 years we should not expect a NC in Nebraska. I am telling you that I am a Brion Carnes fan, ( Tommy Armstrong too.) I am hoping one of those two takes the job next year and shows everyone what this team is capable of. It's not hard to grasp. I'm a Carnes fan, your a Taylor fan. Boo hoo get over it.

My friend, you truly lead the pack.

I am telling you that I am a Brion Carnes fan, ( Tommy Armstrong too.)

Good for you.

I'm a Nebraska fan. That means if they're on the team, I'm a fan. I don't pick and choose which guys to root for. I don't have a favorite QB, RB, OT, SS, PK, anything.

You should try that sometime.

• Fire 1

I never have understood the lining up behind a certai player over another. Either way I just want the best to play and the coaching staff are the ones who make those decisions, I trust they know their jobs better than I do. I think we errored on Bo, not because he is not a good coach, I think because he is so new, never had the experience required to be the head coach at a major program, not a knock, just how I feel. I hope he gets it in line and figures it all out. It is a lot for a first time head coach.

I am like Knapplc, if they play for Nebraska I am for them, as long as they leave it on the field every single game, play and practice.

I am telling you that I am a Brion Carnes fan, ( Tommy Armstrong too.)

Good for you.

I'm a Nebraska fan. That means if they're on the team, I'm a fan. I don't pick and choose which guys to root for. I don't have a favorite QB, RB, OT, SS, PK, anything.

You should try that sometime.

I do great just the way I am. I've been a Husker all my life. Always will be. I'm not bailing out on these guys. I have their best interest in mind, and I almost feel like a lot of these guys aren't happy with the situation. I want the best players on the field and I hope that is happening. It shouldn't take 3 of their 4 years of eligibility just to learn the damn system. If they are good, then find a way to get their abilities on the field. I believe we have more capable people behind Taylor right now. I disagree about the favorites. I have definitely had players I've favored over others. Once a Husker always a Husker, but there are definitely guys we've had that bleed Husker Red a lot more than others.