DT Toby Johnson *

Nexus

What a badass D-Line we could have next year. :thumbs

I hope you're right. It will be a welcomed sight to see.

Think about this. 2 Juco DTs like Hooks and Russell/Bradley plus the young talent we already have. Combined with Randy Gregory the #1 Juco DE along with Ankrah/ Moss/ Mcmullen then the back 3 of Santos, Anderson, Rose, Brown and Afalava. Thats a serious upgrade in speed and talent. Whats scary is Brown and Gregory are bigger faster versions of Eric Martin, and Brown is great in space...we could have 2 great pass rushers off the edge next year. Brown sounds like he is going to be a disruptive force out there. Brown Gregory and Anderson could single handedly solve our problems with mobile QBs. Serious speed upgrades.

Think about this. 2 Juco DTs like Hooks and Russell/Bradley plus the young talent we already have. Combined with Randy Gregory the #1 Juco DE along with Ankrah/ Moss/ Mcmullen then the back 3 of Santos, Anderson, Rose, Brown and Afalava. Thats a serious upgrade in speed and talent. Whats scary is Brown and Gregory are bigger faster versions of Eric Martin, and Brown is great in space...we could have 2 great pass rushers off the edge next year. Brown sounds like he is going to be a disruptive force out there. Brown Gregory and Anderson could single handedly solve our problems with mobile QBs. Serious speed upgrades.

could you imagine a LSU type of defense with our potent offense next year. Clean up a few things along with a slightly easier schedule. Could be fun!

could you imagine a LSU type of defense with our potent offense next year. Clean up a few things along with a slightly easier schedule. Could be fun!

Exactly! We truly are so close. And I think it is obvious that the coaching staff sees it too, that's why the going after JUCO DTs so hard right now.

When you talk of Brown, are you talking about Thomas Brown?

yes, they were ready to play him this year until he hurt his ankle. Coach Fischer said Brown and Valentine are almost unblockable.

Well.........................Toby isnt going to make it tomorrow. The Oklahoma 247 site said he was having surgery today so that might be why he wont be here. I know the surgery was either going to be today or Monday so he must have gotten it today. Really hurts our chances that he didnt get to see a game. I still think Ben Bradley is coming and i think its a good sign that Bradley is coming to visit, Toby must have had some good things to say about us, not sure how hard we were recruiting Bradley, certainly not as hard as Toby.

Well.........................Toby isnt going to make it tomorrow. The Oklahoma 247 site said he was having surgery today so that might be why he wont be here. I know the surgery was either going to be today or Monday so he must have gotten it today. Really hurts our chances that he didnt get to see a game. I still think Ben Bradley is coming and i think its a good sign that Bradley is coming to visit, Toby must have had some good things to say about us, not sure how hard we were recruiting Bradley, certainly not as hard as Toby.

Are you sure that he isn't coming? That's not what I have heard. I heard there is an issue and he may not be able to come, but he doesn't know yet. They both are still hoping to make it here...from what I hear.

yes, they were ready to play him this year until he hurt his ankle. Coach Fischer said Brown and Valentine are almost unblockable.

Wow, that's good to hear. I guess I thought he was more of a "project" when he signed.. Thanks for the info!

I think the coaches were kind of planning on Brown being a project when he got here. But he showed up ready to compete from the moment he arrived on campus. He has a great motor and I know someone said it above about him and VV, but the coaches are saying that he is virtually unblock-able coming off the end.

And as far as Toby's visit, he now says he wont know if he will be able to visit tomorrow until tomorrow morning (same goes for Bradley). But he did say that if they are unable to make it for their visit this weekend, they will both definitely reschedule for another weekend.

Are you sure that he isn't coming? That's not what I have heard. I heard there is an issue and he may not be able to come, but he doesn't know yet. They both are still hoping to make it here...from what I hear.

yea according to 247 they both are not visiting now, but will try and reschedule. One of the guys called him. Kind of frustrating, needed to see a game to get the real experience, visiting in December in the snow probably doesnt help our chances, but he has been in Kansas for the last few years so he should be used to it. Would have been nice for him to see the atmosphere thou.

I would just move on from this guy. First the knee now him rescheduling. I was ok with the knee thing, but I wouldn't waste much more time with him.

Considering they're on their way and what you said on Priest's profile, either you're a bad troll or need to stop talking, please.

• Fire 2

I would just move on from this guy. First the knee now him rescheduling. I was ok with the knee thing, but I wouldn't waste much more time with him.

There is now way you are serious, we NEED Toby. There is no question about that, the knee thing should mean nothing to us. He will have plenty of time to rehab and be prepared for next fall. And if he needs more time, so be it. He is well worth it and it's not like he is the only DT we will be taking in this class.

yea according to 247 they both are not visiting now, but will try and reschedule. One of the guys called him. Kind of frustrating, needed to see a game to get the real experience, visiting in December in the snow probably doesnt help our chances, but he has been in Kansas for the last few years so he should be used to it. Would have been nice for him to see the atmosphere thou.

Rivals is reporting that they sorted everything out and that they both will be there today. The fact that the really stuck with it and worked to make the visit work should show that they have serious interest in us.