DT Toby Johnson *

Nexus

We're going to be really green as far as experience goes next year. We're losing 8 blackshirts.

Your absolutely right, I'm just hoping that the athleticism we will gain can make up for lack of experience for the first few games especially. But, I'm excited. If the young guys can pick up the defense fairly well I think we could be really, really good with the athletes we have on the defensive side of the ball. The great thing is our offense should get even better with a ton of guys returning!

We will have a NC calibur offense next year, and VV coming up. The window of opportunity to win a NC is next year if we can get a great DT like Toby, a DE which we already got, Jonathon Rose which will be available next year, and the rumors about the LB we have coming up are true. Also we need a TE. Beau Sanderland. They are pushing for a NC next year!! He will play next year if we get him!!

I get what your saying and love the optimism, just dont think he would be ready, maybe by confrence play..maybe. Hopefully VV and the current guys grow this offseason, and we pick up a good JUCO DT or 2 for depth. Im excited about the guys we will be bringing in on D next year...VV, Brown (LB), Gregory, Rose (LB) Anderson (LB), Santos (LB) Rose (DB). Those guys mixed in with the experience we have coming back at corner, and we could be downright scary on D, those new guys have speeeeeeed.

You forgot Jackson (CB). I think he will probably supplant Andrew Green for the starting CB position next year. That's my prediction.

On Unsportman Like Conduct today, they said that they could see Jackson moving to Safety next year because of his pure athleticism and our need at that position.

They have to move somebody there but they have been practicing him at CB lately rather than nickel. Jumping from nickel to safety is usually a good progression but I am wondering if maybe he's have trouble picking it up, so I am not sure if safety is his spot. I am wondering if Mo should be on of the guys to help at safety. He seems to be able to catch on pretty quickly and he has good size. Ciante is a guy that they need to get on the field more so I am wondering also if he would be better at safety or corner. Back to DT's I have my fingers crossed for Quincy right now and Munger. I think they would be great fits for Nebraska.

They have to move somebody there but they have been practicing him at CB lately rather than nickel. Jumping from nickel to safety is usually a good progression but I am wondering if maybe he's have trouble picking it up, so I am not sure if safety is his spot. I am wondering if Mo should be on of the guys to help at safety. He seems to be able to catch on pretty quickly and he has good size. Ciante is a guy that they need to get on the field more so I am wondering also if he would be better at safety or corner. Back to DT's I have my fingers crossed for Quincy right now and Munger. I think they would be great fits for Nebraska.

does Mo have pads from the 80s or early 90s? They seem awful big and boxy! Makes him look rigid. Maybe I'm always too drunk during games. JMO. Check it out and let me know what you guys think.

We will have a NC calibur offense next year, and VV coming up. The window of opportunity to win a NC is next year if we can get a great DT like Toby, a DE which we already got, Jonathon Rose which will be available next year, and the rumors about the LB we have coming up are true. Also we need a TE. Beau Sanderland. They are pushing for a NC next year!! He will play next year if we get him!!

I get what your saying and love the optimism, just dont think he would be ready, maybe by confrence play..maybe. Hopefully VV and the current guys grow this offseason, and we pick up a good JUCO DT or 2 for depth. Im excited about the guys we will be bringing in on D next year...VV, Brown (LB), Gregory, Rose (LB) Anderson (LB), Santos (LB) Rose (DB). Those guys mixed in with the experience we have coming back at corner, and we could be downright scary on D, those new guys have speeeeeeed.

You forgot Jackson (CB). I think he will probably supplant Andrew Green for the starting CB position next year. That's my prediction.

On Unsportman Like Conduct today, they said that they could see Jackson moving to Safety next year because of his pure athleticism and our need at that position.

I thought the talk was to have Jonathan Rose potentially play Safety for this reason. Jackson just got moved from Nickel to CB because Ciante has the Nickel spot locked up.

I think Rose has made it very clear that he is a CB only during his transfer process, so don't expect him to be at safety.

Must be, i know alot of people, myself included, saw him moving to saftey. He has the size for it. CJ would be a little undersized for saftey, but wow would that give us some athletes out there.

“What I plan on doing right now is redshirt next year so that I can take a full year or more to rehab my knee,” said Johnson. “To be honest I am not sure yet what I am going to have to do to get back except that I am going to have to work hard. I am still finding out everything, and talking to people that can give me the answers that I need. I might be able to get back sooner, but from what I hear it takes about a year to come back from a knee injury like this, and I have a redshirt year so I will still have two years to play D-1 football.

sounds like hes planning on a RS

“What I plan on doing right now is redshirt next year so that I can take a full year or more to rehab my knee,” said Johnson. “To be honest I am not sure yet what I am going to have to do to get back except that I am going to have to work hard. I am still finding out everything, and talking to people that can give me the answers that I need. I might be able to get back sooner, but from what I hear it takes about a year to come back from a knee injury like this, and I have a redshirt year so I will still have two years to play D-1 football.

sounds like hes planning on a RS

So lets take him for 2014 and 2015, and then grab Quincy for next year

I think Rose has made it very clear that he is a CB only during his transfer process, so don't expect him to be at safety.

Must be, i know alot of people, myself included, saw him moving to saftey. He has the size for it. CJ would be a little undersized for saftey, but wow would that give us some athletes out there.

Now that I think about it, it wouldn't shock me to see Rose at a safety spot.

If you think about it, he's been at the school for a season now. He can see Green/Mitchell/Jackson/Seisay/Jean-Baptiste/etc all fighting for those two spots (Since Evans has the nickel locked down). If Joseph comes to him and says "You'd make a great safety. We don't have much of a depth chart there right now, so you could play/start next year" That has to make some sense to the kid, even if his heart is set on CB as opposed to waiting 1-2 years to work into a rotation.

(Of course this is all being said without any knowledge of how good he looks at CB. He may be the next Prince A. for all I know)

If you think about it, he's been at the school for a season now. He can see Green/Mitchell/Jackson/Seisay/Jean-Baptiste/etc all fighting for those two spots (Since Evans has the nickel locked down). If Joseph comes to him and says "You'd make a great safety. We don't have much of a depth chart there right now, so you could play/start next year" That has to make some sense to the kid, even if his heart is set on CB as opposed to waiting 1-2 years to work into a rotation.

(Of course this is all being said without any knowledge of how good he looks at CB. He may be the next Prince A. for all I know)

Joseph has said that Rose is a great talent and if he was available this season he would be starting.

Joseph has said that Rose is a great talent and if he was available this season he would be starting.

please move this conversation the proper thread.

Yuppp! Joseph said Rose is a bigger, faster Ciante....and Ciante is arguably our best defender!

Yuppp! Joseph said Rose is a bigger, faster Ciante....and Ciante is arguably our best defender!

Can't be disappointed with that. Hopefully it translates well to the field.

Back to Toby, hope he recovers fully, and I think it's a great idea for him to plan on RSing. Would love to have him ready to go for 2014 in red.