DT Toby Johnson *

Nexus

He has open dates on Nov 17th Minnesota game, and Sept 22 Idaho State, if we can get him to come back here for one of those dates, our chances will be pretty good.

i said this a while ago, man i really hope he comes back for a second visit, we desperately need him. Could be the difference in a NC run with our schedule IMO. We are just missing 2 playmakers on defense IMO, one at LB and THIS GUY!!!

He has open dates on Nov 17th Minnesota game, and Sept 22 Idaho State, if we can get him to come back here for one of those dates, our chances will be pretty good.

i said this a while ago, man i really hope he comes back for a second visit, we desperately need him. Could be the difference in a NC run with our schedule IMO. We are just missing 2 playmakers on defense IMO, one at LB and THIS GUY!!!

Just curious, but do you think that the answer to our LB problem is on our team already? Do do you need to go JUCO IYO. I think we have great young LBs in the program right now and that position will be much better next year.

Anderson certainly looks the part on film. I would say Santos has the ability, but from everything ive heard he is struggling a bit with the defense and playing a little slow....thinking too much instead of reacting, but has gotten better this fall. If he starts playing fast like hes capable of, he has been comapred to David as far as having a nose for the ball. We win the UCLA game with Lavonte David and probably give up 200 yards less. The defense was in position to make the tackles we just havent found the playmakers like LD was. I think we are just a couple players away, the secondary is fine, we just need a David and SUH type penetrator on the dline and we would probably go undefeated thru the Big 10 fairly easily IMO.

Compton being unable to cover Franklin single handedly lost us that game, im not saying its his fault, he shouldnt have been put in that position, we just dont have anyone else to be the MIKE when were in DIME and teams will take advantage of that matchup all day long. One step behind is the diference between a tackle for a loss and a big gainer, and obviously the tackling was piss poor once we got to the right spot. The defense will still be good imo, UCLA just attacked us at our biggest weakness...LB, so we have to give credit to them for being smart enough to exploit our weakness to perfection.

I always thought we just have to try and manage the LB spot this year, and then we "should" be pretty good there for the forseeable future, not accounting for injuries or transfers. Rose takes over for Compton, and that will be a good upgrade IMO, then come in the really athletic young LBs. Coaches have alot of work to do coaching up all these guys thou, just hope atleast 2 or 3 of em are smart enough to pick it up faster then the others.

Compton will prove to be servicable thru the season and im glad we have him this year, but i will be happy to see all 3 seniors go. BO will be forced to play the young talented guys, and they will just have to learn from their mistakes as LD did, atleat LD was fast enough to make up for his mistakes.

Well, its looking more and more like we may HAVE to move to a 3-4 b/c for some reason we cant get good dlineman to come here. So if we run something differenet from other teams we may have netter chance to get kids in and also with 3-4 you are looking for a different kind of dlineman than in a 4-3.

I can understand, the two gap scheme kills DT stats and not nearly as fun. Its a D that is designed to have the DTs eat up the blocks, and let your LB flow and make most of the tackles. OU runs a different scheme, allowing their DTs to shoot gaps and cause havok in the backfield.

If i was a DT recruit, I wouldnt really want to play in a 2 gap scheme.

Had some good things to say about OU but not really a glowing review. Still saying he wants to visit Miami, Ole Miss, Georgia and NU. If he makes it for a game it could get interesting. The only game he can make it to is the Minnesota game, and by that time we could be sitting pretty well as a team if we take care of buisness.

It is so important that we run the table in the big 10 this year, we could end up pulling a hell of a class that will launch us into that next step we have been desperately trying to atttain. A breakout year will do wonders for recruiting, this is the year to do it with the weaker confrence...we should be able to beat everyone left on our schdule, i hope the team shows up for every game, we need to win the big 10 badly this year.

• 2 weeks later...