DT Toby Johnson *

Nexus

Scheduled OV to Ole Miss on Nov. 24. Figured I would pass this along in case the ship was still visible on the horizon, but it looks like it has already fallen off.

Don't get me wrong, I would be thrilled if we were able to get this guy. But with Chase Rome back on the team and things that I am hearing about Todd Peat I don't think a JUCO D-tackle is a must anymore. But like I said, I would very much like to get him.

i love my huskers but toby johnson would play ahead of most all of our DT"s he is a legit 5 star. That said, I think he goes to georgia, if not geogia then tennessee

Oh I agree that he would be a big time improvement...just not the must get that he was one month ago.

Wow are you rationalizing!

We need big time anything, period! DT is 2nd behind OT on my needs, not wants, needs list! We lose our only proven DT after this year!

Peat has back issues. Those never completely go away. Rome has entitlement issues. Those never completely go away! I bet if the top 3 DTs on our board wanted in, we take em without hesitation.

Someone on this board said that DT is the hardest position to scout in HS. With that being the case then you're gonna miss more often than hit on these guys. So it's imperative to have the coffers full of DTs!

Scheduled OV to Ole Miss on Nov. 24. Figured I would pass this along in case the ship was still visible on the horizon, but it looks like it has already fallen off.

Don't get me wrong, I would be thrilled if we were able to get this guy. But with Chase Rome back on the team and things that I am hearing about Todd Peat I don't think a JUCO D-tackle is a must anymore. But like I said, I would very much like to get him.

What are you hearing about Peat? He looked immobile to me because of his weight when I saw in the early games. Is he slimming down getting his wind?

Disappointing about Johnson.

• 2 weeks later...

From the 247 article http://nebraska.247s...y-Johnson-96523 :

If Nebraska doesn't land junior college defensive tackle Toby Johnson, it won't be from a lack of effort.

Just days after a visit from Nebraska's defensive coordinator, John Papuchis, Johnson talked with defensive line coach Rick Kaczenski.

"It makes me feel real good talking with Nebraska," Johnson said. "They said I'm their guy. Nebraska is up there with the top. They've come to see me a couple times. The Huskers and Tennessee have come to the school the most."

Johnson said he and Kaczenski spoke about Nebraska's upcoming game, the team's game plan for Northwestern and his own game this weekend against Fort Scott Community College.

The defensive tackle said he feels a good bond with the Nebraska staff.

"I think they are a very good coaching staff," Johnson said. "With coach JP and all those guys there's a connection."