Offensive tackles

We signed 2 OT's but they both seem to be projected at Guard. Didn't we really need to get at least one OT in this class?

BTN analyst Gerry Dinardo really likes Paul Thurston at OT. He thinks that's his natural position and would not move him inside if it were up to him. Whether our coaches agree with that is another thing. I realize they've already told him he'll play inside but maybe that changes since we missed on Peat?

Hypothetically if the staff decides to keep Thurston at OT, the next question would be, is he polished enough to contribute right away, even as a solid reserve? I don't know?

Heading into the 2013 recruiting cycle, OT will be one of our biggest position needs though.

moore will be a sophomore this year and sterup a redshirt frosh. we know moore can go and it sounds like sterup has impressed as well. i'm guessing cotton (sophomore) moves back outside to RT, which seems a more natural position for him. OT is indeed a need for this next class, but it's not exactly dire. we have some young talent there.

To me, 2 OL per year is basically the minimum so we just made it. I haven't heard anything more lately about a possible transfer from last year but we could go from 8 over the last two years (with Peat) which would have set us up really nicely for the next three years or so to possibly six which isn't bad but not great either.

I really like Moore and Sirles so I think we're in good shape at T for two more years (at least) but I'll bet we'll be looking for at least one next time around.

Can never have too many.

I expect we will be taking at least 4 OL next cycle. I don't like taking any less than three usually. OT is a need, but not a huge pressing one. Will be in 2014 if we don't address the need this year, which I expect we will be fine.