The 9/22 Scheduled "TBA" game

G0B1GRED

No no no.

We left the Big 12 to get AWAY from Texas. Now that we are, why play them again? So they can ruin our season from another conference???

Never again.

Agreed. Screw Texas. I don't want to play them again.

Iowa State, Oklahoma State & Texas Tech, yes. I'd play any of them again. In fact, if we could figure out a way to get Northern Iowa on the schedule we could play all three and own the Iowa Championship. We could put it in the broom closet with our Sun Belt Conference championship from 2009.

YES! hahaha.

No no no.

We left the Big 12 to get AWAY from Texas. Now that we are, why play them again? So they can ruin our season from another conference???

Never again.

Iowa State, Oklahoma State & Texas Tech, yes. I'd play any of them again. In fact, if we could figure out a way to get Northern Iowa on the schedule we could play all three and own the Iowa Championship. We could put it in the broom closet with our Sun Belt Conference championship from 2009.

I want Texas one last time!!

No no no.

Never again.

with there defense, we would be lucky to score 10 points.

No no no.

Never again.

with there defense, we would be lucky to score 10 points.

We played better defenses in 2011 than Texas and managed to put up more than 10 points. Last season, UCLA scored 20, Texas Tech scored 20, and Texas A&M scored 25. In their losses, Oklahoma scored 55, Okie St scored 38, Mizzou and K-State scored 17, and Baylor scored 48. Doesn't scare me.

okay how tough is the schedule next year? ( If we were not in the big ten?) Wisconsin will be down, msu will be down. Michigan will probally come in as a even match or a 2 point favorite. Osu will definitely be favored next year. PSU is in shambles. Remember how we ripped on the big ten for being weak and now we call it tough? Also for you guys that say spell check. I graduated 419 out of 436 in my highschool class. So yes I rode the little bus. I flunked 7th grade. ( Blessed sacrament nuns/ them bitches) The 90s are not coming back. So we might as well get on the big ten ( we play for the roseses band wagon) and accept it or go for broke and go for the national titles and hope to be there at the end of the race is all. Geuss my 20s spoiled me. hell my teens did also. I think nebraska lost what 3 national tilte games in the 80s?

You crack me up (damn nuns) and wanted to give you an encouraging reply. For being a rock in high school you put together a thought provoking post and make some good points. Forget the spell checking, keep slinging the words. Post is not a friggin term paper.

I don't think it is necessary to schedule a difficult non-conference schedule in this new world of parity. Few teams go undefeated. If we are undefeated and go through the big ten unscathed, it should be enough to end up in the NC/playoff. Look at the final standings this year. 3 B1G teams in top 15. Although they aren't considered "elite", beating them would get us there. Funny how our perception of the big ten changed.

There does seem to be a problem in our new conference. I remember Bielama saying that he didn't think they were NC contenders early in the season. Sheesh talk about self fulfilling prophesy. We can help break the B1G out of this Rose Bowl malaise and develop some swagger. Let's stop thinking that there are "elite" teams. Parity is a 2 way street. Our 3 and 4 star recruits can beat the 4 and 5 star recruits of other teams. Rather than be dissapointed in a bowl game at the end of season let's start scheduling them early before hitting the grind of the B1G. If that is what it will take then let's go for it. Maybe not in '12 .... but after getting better acclimated (but not yet assimilated) to our new conference in '13. Let's not settle to be a middle of the pack team hoping to make the rose bowl. Rose bowl this year and NC the next. BELIEVE. GBR!!

Getting woozy on my soap box... need more kool-aid. :waste:koolaid2: