If Nebraska wore Nike Pro Combat gear

knapplc

If you guys think that Oregon doesn't benefit from their uniforms then it's time to get a clue. Time to stay up with the times, kids like flashy stuff. I'm not saying that we go to these uniforms full time, however, would it really hurt to do these once or twice a year??

Sure they benefit-whatever sports organization (Nike/Addidas et al) own them! They HAVE to wear their uniforms in order to get the bucks these big companies dole out. Do you really believe that all of those kids really like those uniforms? They are butt-ugly in my opinion, especially those yellow uniforms. Their colors are ugly to begin with-the all green isn't so bad but eww the rest are awful.

I wouldn't be against an all black uniform but didn't really see any of the ones posted that I liked. Also, not all kids like that flashy stuff. Look at the way they dress all the rest of the time: basic uniform: shirt/blue jeans. If you took a poll of college football players and asked them how important their uniforms were I'll bet you a good 95% of them would say that it isn't that important.

If you guys think that Oregon doesn't benefit from their uniforms then it's time to get a clue. Time to stay up with the times, kids like flashy stuff. I'm not saying that we go to these uniforms full time, however, would it really hurt to do these once or twice a year??

Sure they benefit-whatever sports organization (Nike/Addidas et al) own them! They HAVE to wear their uniforms in order to get the bucks these big companies dole out. Do you really believe that all of those kids really like those uniforms? They are butt-ugly in my opinion, especially those yellow uniforms. Their colors are ugly to begin with-the all green isn't so bad but eww the rest are awful.

I wouldn't be against an all black uniform but didn't really see any of the ones posted that I liked. Also, not all kids like that flashy stuff. Look at the way they dress all the rest of the time: basic uniform: shirt/blue jeans sweatshirt/sweatpants. If you took a poll of college football players and asked them how important their uniforms were I'll bet you a good 95% of them would say that it isn't that important.

The bolded statements are just ridiculous.

I wouldn't be against an all black uniform but didn't really see any of the ones posted that I liked. Also, not all kids like that flashy stuff. Look at the way they dress all the rest of the time: basic uniform: shirt/blue jeans sweatshirt/sweatpants. If you took a poll of college football players and asked them how important their uniforms were I'll bet you a good 95% of them would say that it isn't that important.

Because......

Interesting. How so? I thought this article was interesting. It spoke of the effectiveness of a uniform change.

It was very interesting because they talked about our Huskers:

[/left]

By now you may be wondering: Why does any of this matter? Paul Lukas says a uniform may tell you a lot about the team's heritage, but he doesn't think it has much to do with its success.

[/left]

"You take a school like Nebraska, they have a really plain helmet with the N on it, you know? And they sell out every game. So obviously the uniforms aren't what's driving attendance there. It's their history, it's their heritage, it's their success. Nothing looks better on the field at the end of the game than having more points than your opponent."

[/left]

[/left]

If we were still winning titles and were a force to be reckoned with in college football, then I think I would be more inclined to want to stay the same, but that isn't the case anymore.

I don't see the harm in one black alternate a year.

I would agree. I think a black alternative would be very cool. I just don't want to see us throw our tradition down the toilet for the sake of being like everyone else who has jumped on the 'uniform fashionista' bandwagon.

Interesting. How so? I thought this article was interesting. It spoke of the effectiveness of a uniform change.

[/left]

By now you may be wondering: Why does any of this matter? Paul Lukas says a uniform may tell you a lot about the team's heritage, but he doesn't think it has much to do with its success.

[/left]

"You take a school like Nebraska, they have a really plain helmet with the N on it, you know? And they sell out every game. So obviously the uniforms aren't what's driving attendance there. It's their history, it's their heritage, it's their success. Nothing looks better on the field at the end of the game than having more points than your opponent."

[/left]

[/left]

We are talking about recruits......not fans...Nebraska would sell out if we wore brown uniforms

Watch some of the ducks videos on youtube like

The younger generation loves variety and if you think those students or athletes don't like being able to have black, green, yellow uniforms then you're crazy

[/left]

[/left]

[/left]

[/left]

We are talking about recruits......not fans...Nebraska would sell out if we wore brown uniforms

Watch some of the ducks videos on youtube like

The younger generation loves variety and if you think those students or athletes don't like being able to have black, green, yellow uniforms then you're crazy

This guy beat me to it ladyhawke. That's what I meant by your bold statements are ridiculous.

Just because you (a fan) or I (a fan) don't like the uniform bandwagon everyone is jumping on these days, doesn't mean we should not even consider listening to what the players think and get their input on this situation. Just because we are traditional and have won multiple championships, doesn't automatically mean that the players that come here feel the same way. It's just a different mindset being a fan and being a player.

I for one don't want us to go Oregon or OkieLite level with the uniforms, but a few strategic changes to what the players wear every saturday could help sway recruits in our direction.

You are kind of crazy, or at least out of touch with today's youth if you think they don't care about what they are wearing.

I see it all the time on campus. The players always have their Dre Beats on along with their snapbacks. I hate to say it because I hate the overusage of the word, but the youth these days are constantly chasing that dreaded 's' word....

...swag.

• Fire 1