Voids To Fill

BIG ERN

Looking at the D, the only level of the D that should take a step back is the LBs and that's because David's presence looms so large. CBs got a lot of experience, the line is another year older with some talented freshmen coming off of Redshirts (Williams was a beast in HS something like 170 tackles made from the DT spot, and he did have a pretty good Spring Game too; and then Peat). I like what Kaz can do with the D-line just as long as Pelini decides to let them loose like he did back on '03.

David is the HUGE loss. Crick shouldn't even "count" as a loss, considering we didn't have him for over 1/2 of the season. Dennard will hurt, but hopefully we can fill the void as we typically have at cb.

1 huge loss, 1 very good loss, and 1 that played a little..... Bo had his hand prints all over the defense, even with Carl here.

The sky is not falling, regardless of the picture the writer was trying to paint.

Does anyone really believe in addition by subtraction of Cassidy and Thorell? If that were really the case, then one of the players being projected to replace them would have taken their starting spots last year. Now the other players should be better with another year, but not simply because Cassidy and Thorell left.

Does anyone really believe in addition by subtraction of Cassidy and Thorell? If that were really the case, then one of the players being projected to replace them would have taken their starting spots last year. Now the other players should be better with another year, but not simply because Cassidy and Thorell left.

I believe it. I thought that PJ Smith and Courtney Osborne were both better.

Obviously we aren't magically going to be better with them gone. I mentioned in my earlier post that with those two leaving AND the combination of everyone else having another year of experience, we should be an improved unit.

That would be unfair to say that "Once those two leave, we'll be fine."

I don't think we need more production out of our offense, we need more consistency and fewer mistakes on offense and a more aggressive defense in 2012.

We have the talent on the offensive side of the ball to be productive, we showed it several times last year. Can you honestly say that the offense was unproductive in every game last year? I can't. I think at times it was great, and other times it needed work.

Defensively, it was different, it seemed every game there was something that held the defense back. Even during the Michigan State game, which most folks thought was a great game from the defense, was still in need of work and there was inconsistency from the secondary.

i can think of a few times the offense was adequate, great? NFW were they ever close to great....... :xcuse

YUP. Let me explain...

Bird Dog House Medium-1.jpg

I believe it. I thought that PJ Smith and Courtney Osborne were both better.

Obviously we aren't magically going to be better with them gone. I mentioned in my earlier post that with those two leaving AND the combination of everyone else having another year of experience, we should be an improved unit.

That would be unfair to say that "Once those two leave, we'll be fine."

That's fair, and maybe I'm being pedantic, but I'd say, "With everyone having another year of experience, we'll be fine." I just don't think a team ever gets better from a player leaving unless it affects team chemistry.

YUP. Let me explain...

Bird%20Dog%20House%20Medium-1.jpg

I don't get it. They were in the doghouse?

YUP. Let me explain...

Bird%20Dog%20House%20Medium-1.jpg

I don't get it. They were in the doghouse?

The better players were.

• Fire 1

Yes it does. Something had to be up with him. I thought he did very good when he was on the field and then poof, he disappared.

I agree with most everyone hear regarding our voids. Our LB's and DB's will be fine IF our DL can get some penetration. Opposing QB's had way to much time to find a receiver.

Yeah, I'm old school too. J. Unitas used to say "the best pass defense is a good pass rush" & that still makes sense to me. We simply have to get pressure. The thing is, Bo's 2003 blackshirts brought the heat bigtime w/SuperD & others so I know he can bring the heat.

Sure wish he would......