Nebraska Baseball 2012 Schedule

Dunno, Huskerswrkhavoc--what's funny about the NCAA is that they like to make money (or break even) hosting these events, and Nebraska is one of the few schools who has either been revenue generating or revenue neutral with their baseball team. That extends to hosting regionals as well, as Lincoln turns out *very* well for any and all regional action.

If Nebraska is anywhere north of 40 and comes in first or second in the Big 10 (either season, Tourney, or both), I'd say we're a lock for a regional.

And people may give Illinois a bit more credit after the damage they did last year, and some of that credit may extend to the conference as a whole. Granted, we're not going to see six teams make the tourney, but it is feasible and realistic to see three make it out of the Big 10 (from Michigan, Nebraska, Michigan State, Illinois).

No Purdue? Purdue is one of the favorites to win the entire conference... Now, tell me when the last time that the Big Ten was a host for baseball, who it was, and what seed they were. Sorry, with our schedule our way into the tournament is to win the Big 10 or nearly run the table out of conference. Realize, the Big Ten was the 16th best conference. SIXTEENTH. That is not the recipe for an at-large birth. Again, I hope I'm wrong on this, but I really don't think we will host this year. I do think the Big Ten gives us a better chance to host with a mediocre team, just not this year. I still think we can't lose 10 and host, just my opinion. I mean, it depends where those losses come, I just see some of them being "bad" losses, simply because a lot of our losses will be bad based solely on the bad schedule.

1. Michigan State 15-9 .625 36-21 .632

Illinois 15-9 .625 30-27 .526

3. Purdue 14-10 .583 37-20 .649

4. Minnesota 13-11 .542 25-24 .510

Ohio State 13-11 .542 26-27 .491

6. Penn State 12-12 .500 32-22 .593

7. Indiana 11-13 .458 30-25 .545

8. Northwestern 10-13 .435 20-29 .408

9. Iowa 9-15 .375 20-32 .385

10. Michigan 7-16 .304 17-37 .315

Dunno, Huskerswrkhavoc--what's funny about the NCAA is that they like to make money (or break even) hosting these events, and Nebraska is one of the few schools who has either been revenue generating or revenue neutral with their baseball team. That extends to hosting regionals as well, as Lincoln turns out *very* well for any and all regional action.

If Nebraska is anywhere north of 40 and comes in first or second in the Big 10 (either season, Tourney, or both), I'd say we're a lock for a regional.

And people may give Illinois a bit more credit after the damage they did last year, and some of that credit may extend to the conference as a whole. Granted, we're not going to see six teams make the tourney, but it is feasible and realistic to see three make it out of the Big 10 (from Michigan, Nebraska, Michigan State, Illinois).

No Purdue? Purdue is one of the favorites to win the entire conference... Now, tell me when the last time that the Big Ten was a host for baseball, who it was, and what seed they were. Sorry, with our schedule our way into the tournament is to win the Big 10 or nearly run the table out of conference. Realize, the Big Ten was the 16th best conference. SIXTEENTH. That is not the recipe for an at-large birth. Again, I hope I'm wrong on this, but I really don't think we will host this year. I do think the Big Ten gives us a better chance to host with a mediocre team, just not this year. I still think we can't lose 10 and host, just my opinion. I mean, it depends where those losses come, I just see some of them being "bad" losses, simply because a lot of our losses will be bad based solely on the bad schedule.

I forgot about Purdue, but that's still five teams that have a pulse in an eleven team conference.

As for the Big 10's perception, that is a journey of one thousand miles, and bringing Nebraska in was the first step. If Nebraska can make it to Omaha out of the Big 10 (and under the yoke of Delaney's scholarship rules), then that will certainly help change the conference's image.

Granted, it won't happen overnight or fast enough for people with little patience to appreciate what has happened, but it will happen.

Here is BTN's complete baseball schedule:

http://btn.com/2012/...ll-tv-schedule/

Nebraska is set to appear only 4 times on the network. Really stinks. Was really hoping for a lot more televised games.

:yeah

+ 6 times on NET.

2012 BTN Nebraska Baseball Television Schedule

Fri., March 23 - Illinois at Nebraska - 6:35 p.m.

Tues., April 10 - Creighton at Nebraska - 6:35 p.m.

Fri., April 20 - Purdue at Nebraska - 6:35 p.m.

Sun., May 6 - Nebraska at Indiana - 11 a.m.

2012 NET Nebraska Baseball Television Schedule

Fri., April 6 - Iowa at Nebraska - 6:35 p.m.

Tue., April 24 - Nebraska at Creighton - 6:30 p.m.

Sat., April 28 - CSU Bakersfield at Nebraska - 2:05 p.m.

Tues., May 8 - Nebraska at Creighton - 7 p.m.

Fri., May 11 - Minnesota at Nebraska - 6:35 p.m.

Tue., May 15 - Wichita State at Nebraska - 6:35 p.m.

Huskers.com

I'm actually surprised we have 4 games televised. We knew going in the BIG's interest in baseball is minimal as evident by the scholarship issues and well, even the competition so getting 4 games on TV (one less then Michigan's 5 btw) is a Blessing.

Until the rest of the BIG schools start to realize there is profits to be made in baseball, things in the BIG will not improve. The Huskers need to carry the BIG flag and show the other institions how its done. The sker's fans need to help with this and do as the motto of the year suggests and return in hordes to the ballpark.

• 2 weeks later...

I was suprised to them coming back in the ninth. That's something that wouldn't of happened in the past. Solid weekend by the Huskers who score 35 runs on 54 hits. Let's keep this going and sweep the Dairy Queen Classic!

It is possible. NU is the only team in the DQ Classic with a winning record.

The comeback win was just what the doctor ordered, IMO--it's the kids playing hard in the late innings and scratching out a win, and just what Erstad was trying to get them to do. This game would have likely been a L under the prior management, IMO.

It's nice that we're already seeing improvement in the team, and it's only been two weeks. Granted, it's not making me think we're Omaha-bound or anything, but it is improvement, and any upwards trajectory is better than the downward one we've had for a few years now.